Sponsored by:

G-Force Torso Harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 10:39 PM
Slakker
Race Car

Received 270 Likes on 124 Posts
Default G-Force Torso Harness

Bracing myself for the replies but does anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.gforce.com/products/netsanres/4290.php

Track toy is getting upgraded from a bolt in to welded roll cage but have a chance to get a few track sessions in next week in my DD. Just trying to figure out a way not to start death gripping the wheel again.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:55 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,379 Likes on 838 Posts

Used an airline seatbelt on a previous car with sport seats and not LWBs. I found it to be better than a g-lock. Takes some getting used to before your grip will relax somewhat.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:15 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Gforce Torso Strap

Our customers that use them love them. Significantly helps keep you in the seat so you don't have the death grip on the steering wheel or putting your left leg against the door or footwell bracing yourself as much.

This is a little bit different than the CG lock - the CG lock cinches your hips into the back of the seat and keeps your lumbar against the seat. The Gforce torso strap keeps your back against the seat so you don't get as much left to right movement/sliding when going thru corners.

Gforce Torso strap is the biggest bang for the buck if you have stock belts in the car (this is not a safety item but does help aid in keeping you in the seat so you are focused on driving and not on staying in the seat)

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 07-29-2016, 03:59 PM
Slakker
Race Car

Great information. Thank you. I'm going to try both the CG lock and torso harness and see how it goes. Having a 6pt harness has spoiled me but right now I just need some track time however I can get it.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you yet tried the three point harness death grip?

1. Secure your OEM three point in your preferred seating position

2. Assuming your DD has electric seats, now slide the seat back several inches and recline the seat with you sitting in it.

3. Now with you sitting way back and reclined, pull the shoulder belt as tight as you can and lock it by tugging on it quickly

4. With the seatbelt locked, now slide the seat forward into the proper location and bring the seat back up from the reclined position until the belt has you gasping for air with no room for movement.

I was in the same situation with my track car down a few weeks ago and drove my streetcar. This method really works well to keep you in the seat and didn't loosen up much over the course of the session.

Another trick is to get the belt tight in your preferred seating position and then put a twist in it before you slide it into the receptacle. I'm lazy so I like the electric method.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:22 PM
Slakker
Race Car

Not sure if it's because it's a '99 (c2 Coupe) or if there is something wrong but mine doesn't lock when I pull it all the way out. Strange.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:37 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinout
Have you yet tried the three point harness death grip?

1. Secure your OEM three point in your preferred seating position

2. Assuming your DD has electric seats, now slide the seat back several inches and recline the seat with you sitting in it.

3. Now with you sitting way back and reclined, pull the shoulder belt as tight as you can and lock it by tugging on it quickly

4. With the seatbelt locked, now slide the seat forward into the proper location and bring the seat back up from the reclined position until the belt has you gasping for air with no room for movement.

I was in the same situation with my track car down a few weeks ago and drove my streetcar. This method really works well to keep you in the seat and didn't loosen up much over the course of the session.

Another trick is to get the belt tight in your preferred seating position and then put a twist in it before you slide it into the receptacle. I'm lazy so I like the electric method.
This is what I do.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:33 PM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Slakker
Not sure if it's because it's a '99 (c2 Coupe) or if there is something wrong but mine doesn't lock when I pull it all the way out. Strange.
If it doesn't lock with a quick tug, something is gravely wrong as that is how all OEM seat belts operate. Otherwise in a collision the belts wouldn't do anything. A quick tug should lock the mechanism.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:47 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I use the strap for DE's. I find it just as snug as the CG Lock and it doesn't dig into your hips like the lock does. But, I was cleaning my Cayman S today and it hit me that I have side airbags in the seat. I can imagine that I would receive some broken ribs if they deployed while wearing the strap.

But, it does work great keeping me snug in the seat. I like it a lot.

Quick Reply: G-Force Torso Harness