Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Laguna Seca Club Race

Well, the wait list is now posted.

I'm thinking that at #11 on the list my chances of running with PCA are essentially zero. Hopefully a bunch of the others on the wait list decide to run with SCCA too and we can have some fun racing anyway. With 18 of 23 that are signed up in SCCA's group 3 running Porsche cars, it looks like we can have some fun.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:11 PM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope that somehow you make it in to the PCA race-
See you in a few weeks.
Can SCCA really afford the track with so few entrants in their other race groups?
Old 07-05-2016, 04:38 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SoClose
Hope that somehow you make it in to the PCA race-
See you in a few weeks.
Can SCCA really afford the track with so few entrants in their other race groups?
FWIW they get "deals" from SCRAMP as they provide staffing for fessional and other event. Still, I can't imagine they' come anywhere close to breaking event as the track costs $20k per day for most....
Old 07-05-2016, 04:45 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Absolutely it will be a great time and race. Im glad you all are coming!
Old 07-05-2016, 04:47 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
FWIW they get "deals" from SCRAMP as they provide staffing for fessional and other event. Still, I can't imagine they' come anywhere close to breaking event as the track costs $20k per day for most....
6 classes, 20 cars per group (ave) $ 550 for the weekend..... thats $66k at only a 120 cars.... usuually, big weekends we get near 250 cars.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:49 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

https://clubregistration.net/club_ad...List7.4.16.pdf
Old 07-05-2016, 04:57 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Tom W
Well, the wait list is now posted.

I'm thinking that at #11 on the list my chances of running with PCA are essentially zero. Hopefully a bunch of the others on the wait list decide to run with SCCA too and we can have some fun racing anyway. With 18 of 23 that are signed up in SCCA's group 3 running Porsche cars, it looks like we can have some fun.
Half empty..... You're going to make it. Lots of out of state people registered and I think some will cancel. 11's not the much....
Old 07-05-2016, 05:23 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

looks like a great line up.... still room for 10 to 15 more porsches!!
Attached Images  
Old 07-05-2016, 05:29 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
looks like a great line up.... still room for 10 to 15 more porsches!!
Who do I email to switch classes? Going to run on this run group
Old 07-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think classes will be handled at the track with the tech that goes with a log book issuance. I'm not sure how it put me in the class it did, I thought I had selected SP. I plan to fix it then. If you want to check, the email I got was from Allen Davis. I think his email was on the regional web site.

John: You are an optimist extraordinaire! I find it hard to believe that 20% of the folk that ensured they registered within minutes of it opening will cancel now. I hope, but I won't hold my breath.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:35 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

John: You are an optimist extraordinaire! I find it hard to believe that 20% of the folk that ensured they registered within minutes of it opening will cancel now. I hope, but I won't hold my breath.
One can cancel without penalty up to the 11th. I know of one confirmed racer who will cancel then so we'll see....
Old 07-06-2016, 04:15 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I think classes will be handled at the track with the tech that goes with a log book issuance. I'm not sure how it put me in the class it did, I thought I had selected SP. I plan to fix it then. If you want to check, the email I got was from Allen Davis. I think his email was on the regional web site.

yeah, dont worry about the class.. they will correct that in tech easily. maybe you were confused over GTL in PRC NASA. Nasport GTL is a little different. they will fix that for you!
Old 07-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

If this does not work out you are of course more than welcome at the POC event on August 6th and 7th. We already have 83 entrants, including 61 racers in two race groups.

Cheers,
Old 07-06-2016, 12:39 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
yeah, dont worry about the class.. they will correct that in tech easily. maybe you were confused over GTL in PRC NASA. Nasport GTL is a little different. they will fix that for you!
I dont want them to correct it is the issue, I wont even race the race I want the sessions to practice and that group 3 is the only one that actually works relative to PCA.

I can opt to class-up if I so choose right?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:10 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audipwr1
I dont want them to correct it is the issue, I wont even race the race I want the sessions to practice and that group 3 is the only one that actually works relative to PCA.

I can opt to class-up if I so choose right?
You can do whatever you want as far as class. Even run in ITE if you would like, but it requires DOTs, but if you have slicks the DQ you afterwards. if you want the place to count... run the GTL class and or SP.

so yes, you can run the race too in Group 3... start at the back if you just want to practice. Or not.

another options for those that want to have more track time... is to run one day.. meaning, just run the sunday race, that way, you get both practices on friday, and the PCA qual on friday as well. then on saturday, race PCA and qualify for the race on sunday.. race group 3 on sunday. its a lot cheaper. 395 vs 595 bucks i think for the group 3 one day rate. somtimes i do this for one day only. practice friday, qual friday, race saturday AM and go home

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca Club Race