Sponsored by:

TWS has a sinkhole problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 07:53 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by gobuffs
First time we have included the membership in the entry free. Used to be you had to go buy the membership before you could sign up. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
Again; every time and does not appear to transfer between regions. Seems like more milk now than 1 cow can produce. If that is the case why does every BMWCCA DE event have that provision with no field for discount for existing. We are now back to my original point.

This is highly region specific. Some PCA regions don't allow non Porsches.
None that I know off in this area you are trying to attract to your event.

All we require is a membership. What you drive is open with some restrictions...one being convertibles.

Not true.
Thanx. Was what I heard from a BMW member.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:14 PM
gobuffs
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Again; every time and does not appear to transfer between regions. Seems like more milk now than 1 cow can produce. If that is the case why does every BMWCCA DE event have that provision with no field for discount for existing. We are now back to my original point..
A CCA membership is a national membership just like a PCA membership. I am unaware of of chapters that have included a membership in the entry fee. BMW CCA uses motorsportreg for most events and the back end system checks the entered membership number against the national database.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 40 Posts

Boom.

Signed up. Great timing.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:27 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

A CCA membership is a national membership just like a PCA membership. I am unaware of of chapters that have included a membership in the entry fee. BMW CCA uses motorsportreg for most events and the back end system checks the entered membership number against the national database.

Then why do I see the disclaimer that an attempt will be made to extend your BMWCCA membership in case you are a current member on the BMW event signup?

If you are a current member there should not be an additional "included" membership fee.

** NOTE: Part of your registration fees (HPDE students and instructors) pays for your BMWCCA membership. If you have an active membership prior to the event we will attempt to extend your existing membership (early renewal) by one year.

To me that means it might happen but its not a guarantee.

Last edited by ExMB; 06-15-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:04 PM
gobuffs
Instructor

Then why do I see the disclaimer that an attempt will be made to extend your BMWCCA membership in case you are a current member on the BMW event signup?

If you are a current member there should not be an additional "included" membership fee.

** NOTE: Part of your registration fees (HPDE students and instructors) pays for your BMWCCA membership. If you have an active membership prior to the event we will attempt to extend your existing membership (early renewal) by one year.

To me that means it might happen but its not a guarantee.
Oh, you are talking about our event. Yes, even members now will get an extension on their membership. Not fair to give people a membership and not extend the ones that already have one. No attempt about it, it will get done.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:15 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Oh, you are talking about our event. Yes, even members now will get an extension on their membership. Not fair to give people a membership and not extend the ones that already have one. No attempt about it, it will get done.
Thats the whole point I was making and that is what I'm talking about in reference to your cow and milk argument with all the BMWCCA regions and events.

BTW
Your earlier statement about some PCA regions not accepting other makes; you never answered that point.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:20 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Thats the whole point I was making and that is what I'm talking about in reference to your cow and milk argument with all the BMWCCA regions and events.
I agree. That's crap. If I already have a membership, give me the reduced DE only rate, don't extend my membership by a year. How do you know I want to be a member again. No wonder you have low enrollment. I would find someone else to run with if those were the terms.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Guys, that's the way they are running their event & club finances. Don't like it? Don't run with them. Simple.

Meanwhile, back to the matter at hand:
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2016, 09:27 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by linzman
I agree. That's crap. If I already have a membership, give me the reduced DE only rate, don't extend my membership by a year. How do you know I want to be a member again. No wonder you have low enrollment. I would find someone else to run with if those were the terms.
Just wait til they need help instructing (they accept PCA credentials) and ask you to pay extra for that privilege. When they are in need of help.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Guys, that's the way they are running their event & club finances. Don't like it? Don't run with them. Simple.

Agreed, but they should be open and up front about it when they come on here and ask for participation to replace a cancelled event.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Thats what I hate about BMWCCA DEs, that stoopid membership requirement included in every event fee. Love that disclaimer that they will attempt to extend your membership if you are a current (paid up) member. To me it seems like you could wind up with numerous years of membership credit in just one year. Oh, you also don't have to own a BMW.

IMHO PCA is a lot friendlier towards participation by other makes.

P.S.
I was told that BMWCCA now allows hardtop convertibles to run in their DEs but no soft top ones.
To repeat what Bruce already said. I have participated in multiple BMWCCA events and none (before COTA) included membership fee. So no risk of having multiple BMWCCA credits. COTA event IMO made a pretty cool offer to pay your membership fee as an incentive to sign up to drive.

What region are you in? Maybe other regions are different.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:47 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I wound up taking this one on the Chin - with any luck TWS can get this fixed for next weekend.

I've attended the BMWCCA event at COTA twice, once as a student and once as an instructor. The instructor deal is awesome, $250 for all three days and it is an easy track to instruct. Very decent amount of track time. I attended in March, this one looks to be a lot hotter, but it also looks like no rain. BMW is doing it again in late 2016, Nov IIRC.

Also, as someone stated earlier, I can't believe how nasty that washout looks. We though it was just a pothole last weekend and I was getting very close to those cones on the entry to T6. I guess we are lucky the track extension decision happened before this.

-Mike
Old 06-15-2016, 09:50 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yikes.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:53 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
COTA event IMO made a pretty cool offer to pay your membership fee as an incentive to sign up to drive.

What region are you in? Maybe other regions are different.
No offense, but nobody is giving you a freebie. Its just hidden (ref "attempt of membership extension") and you'll pay one way or another.

Originally Posted by TXE36
I've attended the BMWCCA event at COTA twice, once as a student and once as an instructor. The instructor deal is awesome, $250 for all three days and it is an easy track to instruct. Very decent amount of track time. I attended in March, this one looks to be a lot hotter, but it also looks like no rain. BMW is doing it again in late 2016, Nov IIRC.

-Mike
Based on your posts (hint with ref to BMW track car) as well as your avatar pic its save to assume you have a vested interest in maintaining your BMWCCA membership.

Last edited by ExMB; 06-15-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:38 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

where is that between 5 and 6?
Old 06-15-2016, 10:43 PM
gobuffs
Instructor

Not sure what I dodged on the PCA region thing...there was no question.

Ironic that we included the membership for the people said "why do I have to join?"...now that it is provided, people still don't like it. At the entry fee we have I still believe it was less than the PCA entry fee for COTA (I didn't check this year, I could be wrong). Our national board decided if you want to get benefits of being a member then you should get a membership. Makes sense to me.

Just trying to offer an opportunity for those people that have a car ready to go to the track but no event to go to. We will accept you with open arms (except if you have convertible *wink*).