Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 07:03 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Country911
Hmmmmmmmm
Stop....

Besides, some of our "crew" wouldn't get the hall pass as they are still YELLOW instructed - remember ?
Old 06-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Not to rain on OP or CVR (or PCA), but Chin is also running at least one (if not two) additional events at WGI this season. I was at a Chin event there a few weeks ago and it was by far my favorite, after having attended many PCA DEs, including one last week at the Glen (not that there was anything wrong with the PCA DEs, it's just that I liked Chin's better). Chin provided great instructors (many of whom are PCA, too, so no difference there) and a ton of track time. Main point of course is that there alternatives for those of us who are not yet advanced drivers to drive the Glen.
CVR has been asked for years by instructors and advanced drivers to have a Advanced DE event at the Glen and to open it up to other Marques. CVR has two events, and four days coming up at the Glen that are open to all run groups as driver education is still what we're all about.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:34 PM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Difool
There are PCA regions running he Glen almost every week until winter comes. Give one of them a try
Hah! True dat!

Turns out Metro is running a DE at WGI a little over a week after CVR runs theirs in August so I should be able to do the CVR DE and then come back a few days later with Metro!

Perfect!

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Joe
Old 06-05-2016, 09:25 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

If you're looking to drive the Glen I'm sure you'll be able to find something here for all levels:

file:///C:/Users/Gary/Downloads/OnTrkSchedPublic16_REVpdf%20(15).pdf

.....my avatar came from a Kojote day @ WGI and, yes, that is a Rothmans 962 next to the REAL race car......

Last edited by gbuff; 06-06-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:50 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ELange0322
Stop....

Besides, some of our "crew" wouldn't get the hall pass as they are still YELLOW instructed - remember ?
You and Scott run in Black at RSR, you'll be with me at Group 52.
I think they'll let you in.
Unless the new track in NH has an event around this time, I'd love to join CVR for this event.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:00 AM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
You and Scott run in Black at RSR, you'll be with me at Group 52.
I think they'll let you in.
Unless the new track in NH has an event around this time, I'd love to join CVR for this event.
We have already discussed offline and discussed with many others. I'm probably (likely) a pass.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:05 AM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
CVR has been asked for years by instructors and advanced drivers to have a Advanced DE event at the Glen and to open it up to other Marques. CVR has two events, and four days coming up at the Glen that are open to all run groups as driver education is still what we're all about.
Call me crazy but I find the adv days actually less inviting. As a cup driver and CVR instructor for 21 years especially I find out of regions drivers or margues that are not nearly as track aware as the red CVR drivers that are use to our speeds. I actually wont go to the LRP events for just this reason. Yes there is more track time but I have not interest in being on the track with less experienced black or white drivers or worse unknown other margue drivers. A 5,4 or 3 run group event with students is still the biggest draw for me. I will still be there.

Last edited by fstockcarrera; 06-06-2016 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Most PCA advanced drivers have done open track events run by DMTD, Group 52, Kojote, etc. All of these are open to other Marques besides Porsches and to advanced drivers from other regions or clubs. No region has the patent on talent and as advance drivers on a race track, we have the responsibility to make a event both fun and safe and be able to share a 3.40 mile track with others. All drivers for this event will be vetted as said before, and all those qualified will be warmly welcomed.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
Most PCA advanced drivers have done open track events run by DMTD, Group 52, Kojote, etc. All of these are open to other Marques besides Porsches and to advanced drivers from other regions or clubs. No region has the patent on talent and as advance drivers on a race track, we have the responsibility to make a event both fun and safe and be able to share a 3.40 mile track with others. All drivers for this event will be vetted as said before, and all those qualified will be warmly welcomed.
CVR members and PCA members driving Porsches will be given priority when registration opens.

Last edited by Qwickrick; 06-09-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:01 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Originally Posted by JP66
I don't want to be the Party Pooper here, but I am really saddened by this news. This was originally advertised as "All Run Groups", and I put it down on my calendar with high anticipation. I'm still planning on the August CVR DE at WGI, but I was hoping for 2 shots at the track this year.

I know . . . cry me a river . . . just wanted to say not everyone is happy
I remember feeling exactly like this when an "all run group" date didn't work for me but an "advanced group" date did. It actually pushed me to attend more dates so that I could advance.

CVR, to my knowledge, has never done an advanced only run group at the Glen. It would be nice to establish this as a yearly event. Hopefully we can get a good turnout and that happens.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:16 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

@ELange:
I hear ya, but it is a weekend................ jury is still out on this one.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Event is October 10, which is Columbus Day, and Tuesday October 11

No snow in the forecast yet for those dates
Old 06-07-2016, 12:31 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

I like the timing. Would you mind sharing the run group size limit and how the groups will be segregated as well some sense of the schedule for the two days? Thanks.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nizer
I like the timing. Would you mind sharing the run group size limit and how the groups will be segregated as well some sense of the schedule for the two days? Thanks.
A lot will depend on who registers but we envision 75 cars, split between two run groups based on the car and experience levels with 40-45 minute run sessions. We do expect that most of the cars will be Porsches but others welcome as discussed previously. "Slower cars" will be happier in a run group without Cup cars for instance, as we all well know. Probably 5 sessions per day per run group.

Hope you can make it.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:41 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Sounds like the Cups & Saucers format run by Hudson Champlain which is always a terrific time. Sadly, I am committed to an Audi NEQ event at NJMP those days.

Quick Reply: CVR advanced DE at WGI OCTOBER 10th and 11th