Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVR advanced DE at WGI OCTOBER 10th and 11th

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For the first time, CVR is running a DE at Watkins Glen for ADVANCED DRIVERS only. There will be two run groups and will be accepting the following cars: Porsche, Corvette, BMW, Audi, MB, Mustang, Camaro, Ferrari, Lotus and Lamborghini. No SUV's. Car count will be limited so that overcrowding will not be a issue. Advanced drivers must have verifiable advanced driving history on ClubRegistration.net or MotorsportsReg.com. All PCA DE rules will be followed so please check ClubRegistration.net for details. Registration will open on ClubRegistration.net on August 29 at 1 p.m. Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel will offer us a limited number of reduced guest rooms starting at $149.00 plus tax per night Sunday until Thursday Peter Argetsinger will be available for private coaching. This should be a great end-of-the-season event, at the track that everyone loves to drive. We hope that you will be able to attend our first WGI Advanced DE event.

Last edited by Qwickrick; 06-02-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:05 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

It will be strange to be at a CVR event and see marques other than Porsche!

October at the Glen = cool air and fast lap times!
Old 06-02-2016, 03:21 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Good idea, Rick - I've done numerous advanced days at WGI. They are our reward for being instructors (not that you need to be one to qualify).
I hope it will be truly advanced; interested in your definition, as some events only require a driver to be in White (not that there is anything wrong with that).
Do you envision race teams participating?
Old 06-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
Good idea, Rick - I've done numerous advanced days at WGI. They are our reward for being instructors (not that you need to be one to qualify). I hope it will be truly advanced; interested in your definition, as some events only require a driver to be in White (not that there is anything wrong with that). Do you envision race teams participating?
CVR will be verifying advanced driving history thru Club Registration.net or MotorsportsReg.com. We don't envision race teams participating.

Last edited by Qwickrick; 06-02-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:13 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
We will be verifying advanced driving history thru Club Registration.net or MotorsportsReg.com. We don't envision race teams participating.
Sounds like a great event....speaking of racers, there were a pile of them with us at Mosport y-day, including a team of the new Miata Cup cars....if you were ever considering one of these and were on the fence due to cost or other reasons, they are your ticket. They really flew around that track (though not quite as quickly as the Cayman racers )...

Gary
Old 06-02-2016, 10:52 PM
s4magman
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a fun event!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by s4magman
Sounds like a fun event!
Remember, registration opens August 29th at 1:00 PM
Old 06-03-2016, 03:25 PM
marcus1249
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

Dave was talking about maybe doing this at the last event, 2 advanced days with a lot of track time, I'm in!!
Old 06-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Sounds similar to HCR's Cups and Saucers event. Any big differences other than the name? Very excited and looking to rearrange my calendar to make it.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Difool
Sounds similar to HCR's Cups and Saucers event. Any big differences other than the name? Very excited and looking to rearrange my calendar to make it.
CVR will be making every effort to make this event a true ADVANCED DE.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:51 PM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 75 Posts

I don't want to be the Party Pooper here, but I am really saddened by this news. This was originally advertised as "All Run Groups", and I put it down on my calendar with high anticipation. I'm still planning on the August CVR DE at WGI, but I was hoping for 2 shots at the track this year.

I know . . . cry me a river . . . just wanted to say not everyone is happy
Old 06-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JP66
I don't want to be the Party Pooper here, but I am really saddened by this news. This was originally advertised as "All Run Groups", and I put it down on my calendar with high anticipation. I'm still planning on the August CVR DE at WGI, but I was hoping for 2 shots at the track this year. I know . . . cry me a river . . . just wanted to say not everyone is happy
We added another three day DE at Watkins Glen, August 19, 20 and 21, with August 19 being a ADVANCED DAY and the other two days being open to all run groups. Hope you can make these dates.

Last edited by Qwickrick; 06-03-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:09 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

I don't want to be the Party Pooper here, but I am really saddened by this news. This was originally advertised as "All Run Groups", and I put it down on my calendar with high anticipation. I'm still planning on the August CVR DE at WGI, but I was hoping for 2 shots at the track this year. I know . . . cry me a river . . . just wanted to say not everyone is happy
There are PCA regions running he Glen almost every week until winter comes. Give one of them a try
Old 06-05-2016, 06:23 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Hmmmmmmmm
Old 06-05-2016, 06:51 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 404 Posts

Not to rain on OP or CVR (or PCA), but Chin is also running at least one (if not two) additional events at WGI this season. I was at a Chin event there a few weeks ago and it was by far my favorite, after having attended many PCA DEs, including one last week at the Glen (not that there was anything wrong with the PCA DEs, it's just that I liked Chin's better). Chin provided great instructors (many of whom are PCA, too, so no difference there) and a ton of track time.

Main point of course is that there alternatives for those of us who are not yet advanced drivers to drive the Glen.

Quick Reply: CVR advanced DE at WGI OCTOBER 10th and 11th