Originally Posted by Coochas
OMG
Yeah, that's a little TMI
Old 05-11-2016 | 07:32 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Default Look who is back racing...

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I find this comment a little unfair. Many people are "going through something" who don't get any special consideration. Jenner will have to be tough, and from what I have seen, he is willing to poke fun at himself. That is the better way to handle things than to get offended.

Make no mistake, I feel sorry for him, and think it takes a certain amount of inner strength (I would have said *****) to do what he did. I guess he really felt strongly about it and it tormented him.

That being said, news about his "change" should only appear in periodicals, websites, and places that cater to people who want to know about "celebrity news". The kardhasian watchers.

But, I don't need to hear "how brave he is". Bravery was my mother slowly dying of brain cancer with dignity. Bravery is a soldier giving everything he or she has for this country. Or cops, or nurses, or a million other people who help other people. What Jenner did was for himself. And that's OK - but it isn't really brave in the sense that we should "all be proud".

The fact that he won an ESPY and is now going to be in the cover of SI is ludicrous!

I wish Jenner well but what he did should not be the focus of the news any more than my decision to buy strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. What she has done and what it is doing for people like her who don't have her platform to bring this issue into the light is, in my opinion, important. I think it matters to many many people like her. It might not matter to you, and that's fine, but to minimize what she is doing as something as trivial as a choice of ice cream flavors is not a view I'm likely to be convinced is correct.

Last edited by DTMiller; 05-11-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2016 | 03:14 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

I still feel- if you are born with one- that's the bathroom to use

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2710611
Old 07-14-2016 | 03:52 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Is this really a topic?

Having known Bruce and trained with his best friend and training partner for years for the Decathlon, i can tell you that his life as an athlete is second to none. As a person, probably equal.
So, it comes out (and he comes out) that he has a personal issue with his gender. who the FLIP cares. Is this really what you want to talk about as racers and "athletes". The only person that should care, is another female competitor, is if he tries to compete in masters track as a woman,
Do you really care what the pluming looks like on another human being other than the one that you share a bed with?
Do you feel better poking fun at a national treasure, because psychologically he is different than you ? Is anyone that desperate here to be funny?

The guy/(now gal) is a flipping STUD! He has done things that most of you cant even imagine and have never and never will accomplish, on and off the field.

Get a grip. stop the discussion. its tasteless!
Old 07-14-2016 | 04:13 PM
jscott82
Drifting

... nevermind
Old 07-14-2016 | 04:20 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Buy Jenner cologne for all I care. I just don't like that the ladies locker rooms and bathrooms are being Kiborted. That's all.
Old 07-14-2016 | 04:23 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Knock it off, Mark. I started this thread/topic solely to point out that he had resumed racing.
Old 07-14-2016 | 04:27 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

My fault. .. Let's close the thread.
Old 07-14-2016 | 04:35 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Knock it off, Mark. I started this thread/topic solely to point out that he had resumed racing.
No, you knock it off.
I appreciate the subject, and thanks for posting . It interesting to see Jenner hit the track.
Im ONLY talking about those making the insults.

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Buy Jenner cologne for all I care. I just don't like that the ladies locker rooms and bathrooms are being Kiborted. That's all.
Bob, This is a harassing and classless post.... I dont appreciate it.
you can have all the accolades under your name.. "PCA " instructor, etc.
But after this post, what do you really appear to be?
Old 07-14-2016 | 04:40 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Should the transgender community, including cross-dressers be able to use the woman’s bathroom? This is a major concern for this group who consider it their “right of passage” to use the woman’s bathroom. It is becoming a highly contested issue for this community who feel it is their right to use the woman’s bathroom. They identify as a woman and thus believe it is where they should be allowed. etc. etc. Not insulting- reality. No matter what gear you are in or what RPM's you are maintaining

Bathrooms are coveted. They are gender-specific for privacy. Having a man in a woman’s bathroom threatens this privacy causing anger and fear for the women and girls who use them. What about the rights of these females who were born women and don’t welcome men into their bathroom?

let's close this thread and Mark can start a new one.
Old 07-14-2016 | 05:38 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Should the transgender community, including cross-dressers be able to use the woman’s bathroom? This is a major concern for this group who consider it their “right of passage” to use the woman’s bathroom. It is becoming a highly contested issue for this community who feel it is their right to use the woman’s bathroom. They identify as a woman and thus believe it is where they should be allowed. etc. etc. Not insulting- reality. No matter what gear you are in or what RPM's you are maintaining

Bathrooms are coveted. They are gender-specific for privacy. Having a man in a woman’s bathroom threatens this privacy causing anger and fear for the women and girls who use them. What about the rights of these females who were born women and don’t welcome men into their bathroom?

let's close this thread and Mark can start a new one.
Hey Bob,
Why close it and be insulting along the way, when all i was asking was a little respect for a fellow human. you want to discuss bathrooms, and your view of bathroooms? why dont you start a bathroom for different gender thread? That way we can talk about Jenner at the track. That's the thread, right?
Old 07-14-2016 | 05:49 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Mark- time to shift gears. Eyes up!
Old 07-14-2016 | 07:47 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Jesus, God... I can't believe it. Off the rails, again!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-14-2016 | 07:51 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Jesus, God... I can't believe it. Off the rails, again!
Let it go Peter.... ironically, i was getting (or asking) got get it back on topic. i didint like the flavor here. Back about Jenner racing or driving, not about what bathrooms trannies should use.

Quick Reply: Look who is back racing...