Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

2016 Grand Pirx of China

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 11:25 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
I personally really like VET and how he has matured into the guy he is today.
Well said... and I totally agree!
Old 04-18-2016, 11:35 AM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Because nobody else will say it...Danny Ric is equal to anyone else on the grid in terms of talent.
Yes other people will say it...

Ricardo did an amazing the entire weekend. In fact, if there was not sooo much else going on in the race, I bet this thread would have been filled with comments about him.

My vote for driver of the race and the weekend would go to Danny Ric, no hesitation or doubt in my mind. In Q3, he put the car second on grid, beating the F-cars fairly. He snatched the lead at the start, got a puncture on lap 3, rejoined in 17th place, and worked his way back to 4th. He ended only 6 seconds off his teammate after doing 3/4 of a lap on a blown tire.

We may see a resurgence of the Bulls mixing it up for podium in a few of the upcoming races. The aero on the Bulls is still tremendous... and Danny Ric is the guy who is going to make it interesting this season...
Old 04-18-2016, 12:58 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

By far the most interesting and entertaining F1 race in years.
Have to wonder what the race would have looked like it the Ferrari cars would have had a clean race. I think they would have been pretty close to Rosberg.
I still question RB's pace. Vettel had lots of problems, Kvyat had a clean race and Vettel caught, passed and pulled a gap before the checkered flag.

This season may be a 3-way race. MB will lead the way and win both titles, but Ferrari and RB will be on their heels. Too bad Williams is so far off pace. 4 teams sharing wins would keep the season alive until the end.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:10 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Really happy to see Rosberg dominating, wasn't that long ago he completely blew up in Texas. 6 wins in row.
Very impressed with the way he handled that disappointment and used the energy (frustration) to come back a lot stronger.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:15 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PPo
We may see a resurgence of the Bulls mixing it up for podium in a few of the upcoming races. The aero on the Bulls is still tremendous...
I believe they have significant engine upgrades planned for Montreal. If these upgrades live up to the hype and close the gap that Mercedes and Ferrari has on the Bulls, then Red Bull could be there in the 2nd half of the season competing for wins again. If they do, 333pg333 should be happy when people start talking about Ricciardo again. In fact I don't recall anyone slagging the Aussie. We just haven't talked about him much since 2014 because he hasn't be up there competing for wins and podiums. But that's not his fault. We all know he has talent. He just needs a better power plant in his car and as you say, their car is still one of, if not the best aero package.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:21 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Without doubt I'm waving the flag but also don't think anyone is slagging DR at all. How could you? He's a tremendous talent and the nicest guy on the grid. For him to have achieved 3x 4th places is still very good. Would have loved to see him get a podium and surely would have without that puncture. Hope the rest of the season is equally entertaining.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:31 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,476 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Yes other people will say it...

Ricardo did an amazing the entire weekend. In fact, if there was not sooo much else going on in the race, I bet this thread would have been filled with comments about him.

My vote for driver of the race and the weekend would go to Danny Ric, no hesitation or doubt in my mind. In Q3, he put the car second on grid, beating the F-cars fairly. He snatched the lead at the start, got a puncture on lap 3, rejoined in 17th place, and worked his way back to 4th. He ended only 6 seconds off his teammate after doing 3/4 of a lap on a blown tire.

We may see a resurgence of the Bulls mixing it up for podium in a few of the upcoming races. The aero on the Bulls is still tremendous... and Danny Ric is the guy who is going to make it interesting this season...
Not to split hairs because Ricciardo is one of my favorite drivers, but it is significant to correct something and say that Ricciardo blew the tire on the back straight and only had one turn to complete before pit in which was very fortunate for him considering the length of the track.

That being said, The bulls surprised with their pace, but still not enough to catch a non wounded Merc and not enough to overcome a Ferrari with a busted nose. To add, I think that Rosberg was not pushing as much as he could because of the fracas that happened behind him. Even with all that happened to Hamilton and 5 or 6 pit stops, starting dead last etc. HE STILL MANAGED to finish 7th!! It goes to show how much speed is in that Merc to say nothing of its build quality to survive all that went on with him
Old 04-18-2016, 10:43 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

At one point...after a number of pit stops Hamilton came out and overtook everything in front of him. So they did get his car 'right' eventually. DanRic overtook him in the latter part of the race and was catching his stablemate hand over foot with tyres that weren't a lot newer. Put Ric in a Merc or Fez and he beats Rosberg and probably Hamilton too.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:17 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by CFGT3
Not to split hairs because Ricciardo is one of my favorite drivers, but it is significant to correct something and say that Ricciardo blew the tire on the back straight and only had one turn to complete before pit in which was very fortunate for him considering the length of the track.
I stand corrected!! I need to watch the races when I am more awake!!

The safety car did help many on the grid who suffered from the first few lap bumper car show.

I think they pitted Hamilton twice under yellow just to get a lap in with the softest compound to meet regulations... smart idea, but shows how silly the rules can be.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:36 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

So far this year has been pretty exciting. Sad that the HAAS cars were not in contention.

Amazing races by many of the drivers and loved the way Danil stood up to Vettel in the pre-podium room. Funny how he patted him of the side before walking away. Sort of like "thanks multi-world champion - I'll take that under advisement." Very clear it was a racing incident and probably the person with the most blame is Kimi for how he came back on track.

I think Rosberg is going to dominate this year. Hamilton is too busy being a rock star to care.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:39 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Sad that the HAAS cars were not in contention.
I trust that you are not slagging them in any way, and that you are an optimistic supporter... but it has to be noted that HAAS, as a team, have done an AMAZING job with their entry into F1. I am impressed with what they have accomplished, and only wish them the best of luck for this year... the fact that they already have points is tremendous!! I hope they get more...

Quick Reply: 2016 Grand Pirx of China