Sponsored by:

Racing in Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Derrek Khajavi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing in Mexico

Is anybody going to the TJ Mexico Race November 7-8? I raced Tecate in 98' and my teamate Ike raced last year in San Felipe. We both really enjoyed it. Just seeing who else might show up.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:50 AM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

Where is some info about the race? What organization?
Paul Bloomberg
Old 10-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Derrek Khajavi
Racer

Here is the website:

http://www.calderapromotions.com/

The US contact is Carlos Perdon at 619-303-5899 after 6 PM
Old 10-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Derrek Khajavi
Racer

I just got the track map and rules and am very exited. The track is all newly paved with a total of 10 turns, 6 of which are very fast (likely flat out down the front and back straits. Unlike many other street race tracks this one has some good run-off built in with some 'ooopsie exits' at the end of the straits. The event is $250 per car which includes a $50 insurance package for the drivers in case of injury for a medivac out. There will be several thousand spectators and both radio and TV coverage of the event. The title sponsor is Tecate Beer. The best hotel in TJ is also a sponsor giving it's $150+ suits to the drivers for $60 a night. There are 5 classes based on displacement and modifications. Most Porsche club cars will be in class C or Open class. There are 60 cars attending thus far. There is provided security in the pits for the teams and their equipment. Medical and pro corner workers are provided. Border passes are issued to all teams to assist in entry and exit from Mexico. Race gas in both unleaded and leaded is available at the track. There are several machine and service shops available should the need arise plus the Huntley Racing crew and transporter will be on site as well as the Al Unser Jr. Rig and crew. I have been asked to assist with any questions from US racers wanting more info and help in attending the event which I agreed to do or you can contact Carlos. We have tentatively 3 cars attending.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:13 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is Al Unser Jr. doing there?!
Old 10-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Derrek Khajavi
Racer

I think it his son running a formula Renault and there are supposed to be several more of those running too.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:47 PM
InterSpool
Advanced

I got an available house to stay at in Rosarito. I will be there for sure!!!! Huntley Racing crew will be there, too? Damn!!!! I'm too pumped. I want to ride in one of the cars since I'm just a poor 18 year old Porsche fan
Old 10-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Derrek Khajavi
Racer

We are not quite sure whether we are going to TJ or Willow Springs since our paying customers want to go to WSIR which kinda dictates our path but we are working on them!!

Quick Reply: Racing in Mexico