Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When to early apex?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016 | 09:52 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Speaking of the Glen, I will be doing a full track walk for Niagara PCA on Memorial Day, Monday May 30, at the end of their first day of their DE, and will be there all week. Very detailed and well worth your time !
That'll be invaluable to catch the full flavor of the elevation changes, and especially this year with the new pavement.....
Old 01-16-2016 | 08:43 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gbuff
That'll be invaluable to catch the full flavor of the elevation changes, and especially this year with the new pavement.....
Yep! Did it the last two years and it was really eye opening for many people, not only the elevations, but also how much more camber there is right at many of the long apex curbs than people realize. This year, the curbing won't be nearly so "rubbered in" visually, but the way you drive the track doesn't change
Old 01-16-2016 | 09:44 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Yep! Did it the last two years and it was really eye opening for many people, not only the elevations, but also how much more camber there is right at many of the long apex curbs than people realize. This year, the curbing won't be nearly so "rubbered in" visually, but the way you drive the track doesn't change
Agreed.....the long outer loop out of the Bus Stop is like that--I get my car right down onto that inside curb and it sticks (barely!) all the way around. Same for the Toe and T10 (but not T9--reverse camber there!).
Old 01-16-2016 | 09:50 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

1, 2, 5, 6, 10, and 11
Old 01-16-2016 | 03:43 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Man, 3 months to go ....I'm ready for the Glen TODAY!
Old 01-18-2016 | 01:20 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Dude.

It's a written Internet forum. All we have are words.

Good grief.
ahhhh, "DUDE", that was a joke.... jokes are made when something is really obvious to the contrary, and thats what makes it a "joke".... good grief as well!
Like... "That will buff right out" ..... or, "don't confuse me with the facts"... those kind of "jokes"..

Quick Reply: When to early apex?