Big changes for IMSA TV coverage

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by tedean
This appears to be a death spiral for IMSA, frustrating. I normally DVR the races and watched them in the evenings but I (my DVR) struggled all year to record the races due to the fact the coverage jumped all over the channels. Because they have degraded the coverage why don't they just stream and have Radio LeMans call the races.
Agreed but the problem is we've become very accustomed, at least I have, to recording to watch at my convenience. Soon enough not to have the results ruined but not live as live is never convenient.

If they can figure a way to "dvr" a live stream that would be great. I can plug the laptop into the big TV. But now we wait for the broadcast to make it to youtube several weeks later.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Deleted
Old 01-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

FIA GT and Blancpain races have some live local TV but they always have live stream which is many times too early, but they then upload to YouTube promptly. If IMSA went this route I would have no issue with that coverage model, but they'd have to get John Watson's equivalent to do the color.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:37 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Compounding the problem, manufacturers and stakeholders aren't being asked to spend less because IMSA is bringing back low ratings. They are making the same significant spends for 2016, yet the only fixes I'm aware of involve changing faces and trimming its TV costs wherever possible."

Uh-oh.....WeatherTech. Wonder if the ink is dry on that contract....

Quick Reply: Big changes for IMSA TV coverage