Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The right lane has become the fast lane: Peter Egan nails it

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015 | 12:36 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

This picture right here sums it up. Driver wants to get along with everyone but yet doesn't feel the need to extend anyone any courtesies when driving.

And this is not some random picture from the internet - I took this picture in a Costco parking lot this year.

The irony is that I would use that "sign" as exhibit 1 if she caused a collision. Idiot!
Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2015 | 01:37 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Some people are just begging for some serious bump-drafting, Spec Pinata-style.

With a Kenworth.
Old 12-22-2015 | 01:40 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
This picture right here sums it up. Driver wants to get along with everyone but yet doesn't feel the need to extend anyone any courtesies when driving. And this is not some random picture from the internet - I took this picture in a Costco parking lot this year. The irony is that I would use that "sign" as exhibit 1 if she caused a collision. Idiot!
Self entitled jackwagons, the lot of them...
Old 12-22-2015 | 01:40 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Originally Posted by 924RACR
Some people are just begging for some serious bump-drafting, Spec Pinata-style.

With a Kenworth.
Judging by the dent in the back of the Mazda, perhaps someone was "communicating".

-Mike
Old 12-22-2015 | 02:20 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXE36
Judging by the dent in the back of the Mazda, perhaps someone was "communicating".

-Mike
I thought the same thing and wondered which came first - the sign or the dent.

I so very much wanted to see what this person looked like and tried to pick them out in Costco but to no avail. The only thing that is missing from this car is a Bernie sticker next to a faded obama sticker.
Old 12-22-2015 | 03:49 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

"They watch their mirrors, and on multiple-lane roads stay right except to pass. There's a maturity of judgment here— a sense of swiftness and dispatch without aggression"

Sorry guys but this journalist must have been very Lucky during his trip in Québec. I see trains of slow cars in the left lane daily... Lot of them do watch their mirrors but they actually don't care and must think its too much effort to move right so you should pass them on the right.
Old 12-22-2015 | 04:51 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Her "right"?
Yeah. And the first amendment protects my "right" to give her the middle finger as I pass.
What an *******.
Yes. This is why my cars come with sunroofs. Visibility for hand signals. I may be shot one day on the highway;
But at least I will have done my part to educate someone. Plus usually it's an oblivious hippy looking person so I feel unlikely to be shot. (Austin, sigh).
Old 12-22-2015 | 09:21 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I thought the same thing and wondered which came first - the sign or the dent.

I so very much wanted to see what this person looked like and tried to pick them out in Costco but to no avail. The only thing that is missing from this car is a Bernie sticker next to a faded obama sticker.
Holy ****, is tailgating now Obama's fault too?
Old 12-22-2015 | 09:33 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
Holy ****, is tailgating now Obama's fault too?
No but I want someone to witness me saying this here...if I'm in the news for being shot on the Austin highway by some maniac after flipping the bird to a deserved jerk, I don't want Obama to say it was "because guns." Please, tell him my dying wish was for it to be "because Porsche driver deserved it, killing environment with no "ford eco boost tech." #dontletsiberiamelt.

Unfortunately I don't qualify as "one of his sons" due to lack of criminal history, so no one would know or care.
Old 12-22-2015 | 10:01 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

LOL...too soon?
Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2015 | 10:16 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

They call 'em Massholes for a reason.
Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2015 | 10:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Bernie agrees:
Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2015 | 10:42 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

These peeves aren't restricted to the US. Compared to the US we have 83% landmass but only 14% population. Wide open spaces...you'd think. Yet our national speed limit is 66mph and if you are caught driving say 5mph over that you can be fined quite heavily. Not to mention the brain washed (by idiot media) dupes who patrol the fast lane at, or just under the speed limit. Even on a dual or greater lane hwy when someone pulls out to pass, they can seemingly take minutes as they're so scared of being caught speeding that they literally crawl past. Driving standards are terrible in this country I'm ashamed to say. The Govt should be held accountable for many of the traffic jams and incidents due to gross negligence in ensuring that the public learn to drive properly.
Old 12-23-2015 | 01:03 AM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
LOL...too soon?
So here's the deal: I really enjoy this forum, talking about cars, Porsches, Racing etc
We all have our political opinions, and I respect them all, but if we pull them into these forums the fun stops, real, real quick :-(
So my plea is to keep (all of our) political opinions out of here. There's sure as heck enough other places/forums for that
Old 12-23-2015 | 01:14 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

LOL love this thread - Peter you are my hero.

I've given up. I just "drive around america", waste of my time to expect and enforce an etiquette - it's walking dead style now I'm afraid. One of the few tiny reasons antonymous cars might be helpful.

Quick Reply: The right lane has become the fast lane: Peter Egan nails it