Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 12:56 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,904 Likes on 1,724 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
+1

Generally speaking you don't get to be WC without being somewhat of a *****. Nico is an example of what it is like to have that 2% missing self confidence that is needed to be a true champion.

Only a WC ignores "Multi 21" Its a dick move, sure, but that is how you win.
Aside from Button, I don't think there's ever been a "nice guy" that's won the WDC. You have to have a killer instinct to be one but I think you guys are missing the point.... Hamilton is such a fvcking douche that it can't be enough to win 3 titles, he has to put down a guy that is pretty much a vegetable right now after his head injury, a 4 time WDC, a 1 time WDC and Webber and for what? To crow about him having won his by "Natural Ability Only"? The guy is putting down others to prop himself up -- never mind the fact that his car is the fastest on grid and only has to beat 1 other guy. And the comment that he doesn't know how good Vettel is yet,.. didn't Vettel win 3 races this year in a 2nd rate car that is consistently 1 second a lap slower than the Merc?

Hamilton is like school in the summer...
Old 11-23-2015, 01:36 PM
luft
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hamilton never started in a Torro Rosso or the likes but direct into a McLaren by the hand of Ron Dennis, at the time the best car like the Mercedes now.

Let's wait, hope and see if the Ferrari next year is a bit more competitive, Vettel will beat this arrogant .... who's custom it is to bitch with his team & teammates when not winning.

F1 at the moment is boring to much speed difference with the Mercedes as a result a lot less spectators in the stands.

BTW the most fun to watch in F1 is fast Max Verstappen he puts up a show in a average car and a nice guy.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:33 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Let's review.

- Placed in the best car on the grid during his first season.
- Placed in, if not the best car on the grid, then the second-best and very close to be the Ferrari that was its main competitor.
- Showed less competitiveness than would be expected for someone with as much raw ability as I think he has when the Mclaren cars were not clearly the first or second-best cars on the grid.
- Was beaten by Jenson one of the years at Mclaren.
- Had mixed results at the beginning of 2014 before really turning it on to take another WC in what was clearly the best car on the grid.

Lewis has shown that he is clearly one of the fastest and most talented drivers but in my opinion he is far from the most complete. He did well to leave Mclaren and to go with Mercedes and I think most championships are won outside of the car rather than in it, but he hasn't had a true political animal for a teammate like a Prost, Senna, Vettel, or a Schumacher. Knowing how fragile his head is in my opinion that would be his greatest weakness. A Prost or a Senna would play mind games with him and eat him alive. Period. End of story.

He has not shown, over the course of a season, the ability to take a sub-par car or something that is noticeably less competitive than the best cars in the field and make a true fight at the championship. He has not shown the ability to use set-up to dictate the terms of the race against his rivals. In my opinion, Senna and Schumacher meet all those criteria and Prost meets all but one of those.

Alonso and Vettel don't have Lewis' pure ability, but Seb is a political animal, Fernando can drag a poor car around the track, and it comes down to the fact that he's made the most of his situation. Good for him. But it's foolish (Kanye/Kardashian-esque) of him to say what he did about Schumacher. Schuey helped position himself within the Roman empire and was driving at a level that rivals some of the best, most complete drivers in history. Lewis wouldn't not have a prayer of competing against him within or outside of the team.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:20 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by enduro911
Let's review.

- Placed in, if not the best car on the grid, then the second-best and very close to be the Ferrari that was its main competitor.
- Showed less competitiveness than would be expected for someone with as much raw ability as I think he has when the Mclaren cars were not clearly the first or second-best cars on the grid.
- Had mixed results at the beginning of 2014 before really turning it on to take another WC in what was clearly the best car on the grid.

Lewis has shown that he is clearly one of the fastest and most talented drivers but in my opinion he is far from the most complete. He did well to leave Mclaren and to go with Mercedes and I think most championships are won outside of the car rather than in it, but he hasn't had a true political animal for a teammate like a Prost, Senna, Vettel, or a Schumacher. Knowing how fragile his head is in my opinion that would be his greatest weakness. A Prost or a Senna would play mind games with him and eat him alive. Period. End of story.

He has not shown, over the course of a season, the ability to take a sub-par car or something that is noticeably less competitive than the best cars in the field and make a true fight at the championship. He has not shown the ability to use set-up to dictate the terms of the race against his rivals. In my opinion, Senna and Schumacher meet all those criteria and Prost meets all but one of those.

Alonso and Vettel don't have Lewis' pure ability, but Seb is a political animal, Fernando can drag a poor car around the track, and it comes down to the fact that he's made the most of his situation. Good for him. But it's foolish (Kanye/Kardashian-esque) of him to say what he did about Schumacher. Schuey helped position himself within the Roman empire and was driving at a level that rivals some of the best, most complete drivers in history. Lewis wouldn't not have a prayer of competing against him within or outside of the team.
Great analysis.

i would add that Hamilton was using Alonso's car set ups when they started their lone season together until the blow up between the two sides of the garage and when Hamilton had to go it alone, his results were not as good -- which stands to reason given that he was a rookie.

Can't help but wonder if Hamilton is trying to cement his legacy and where he stands among the other WDC. With the Britishcentric F1 media, he shouldn't feel a need to talk himself up or other champions down. He may have another WDC in him or even 2 depending on what the rule changes do to affect the performance of the cars which is a far cry from his "natural abilities only"...
Old 11-24-2015, 02:35 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's review.

Very well compiled! Well done and thank you for sharing.

Of course one has to give Hamilton credit for being talented enough to be in the right position to take advantage of the opportunities presented to him. He did so and has results to prove it...

The true mark of a champion is one who can win and still have respect for their competitors, previous champions, and respect for those that have helped along the way. Hamilton has a long way to go...
Old 11-24-2015, 02:57 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 530 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Very well compiled! Well done and thank you for sharing.
+1
Originally Posted by PPo
The true mark of a champion is one who can win and still have respect for their competitors, previous champions, and respect for those that have helped along the way. Hamilton has a long way to go...
...and have respect FROM their competitors.

Hamilton may be won the Drivers Championship, but he's not a True Champion...
There's a difference...

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 11-24-2015, 04:24 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,846 Likes on 1,675 Posts

Let's review.

Excellent analysis!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-24-2015, 04:25 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I'm no Hamilton fan boy but neither am I a hater. I agree that he does need to tone down his rhetoric a few notches, but to say he isn't a true WC is ridiculous.

True, several years ago he would lose it whenever he broke up with ***** Cat Girl Doll Nicole Scheringer (could you blame him?) I think he has matured on that front a little bit.

The real point is that here is a kid (and he is still really a kid) who was put in a program from a young age and had his whole life controlled. He has finally broken out of the McLaren prison and he is feeling his oats.

He'll get it out of his system and calm down pretty soon.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 156 Likes on 97 Posts

I think the jury is still out on Hamilton. He has raw talent and he and Alonso I think are the two best racers on the grid, followed by Vettel and now Verstappen. Next tier is Kimi, Bottas, then Rosberg.

I think he will mellow out at the behest of Toto Wolff. He holds the keys to the best car on the grid. Lewis isn't dumb. He knows he potentially could win several more WDCs in his current ride. Yes, he is a party guy, but his results speak for themselves and he obviously meets his sponsorship commitments since the press would be all over him if he didn't.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:07 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
The real point is that here is a kid (and he is still really a kid) who was put in a program from a young age and had his whole life controlled. He has finally broken out of the McLaren prison and he is feeling his oats.

He'll get it out of his system and calm down pretty soon.
I don't buy it, he's been out of the McLaren stable for years now. What were you doing at 30 years old? If it was still partying and crashing cars at 3:30 a.m. then I'd say you're 20 instead of 30.

As was mentioned before, he's always had a competitive car underneath him and reminds me of the old saying of the guy that was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple. If you could drive the 2015 McLaren to a race win then that would impress me, but don't tell me everyone else sucks. You're driving a Cup car vs. a spec Boxster in some instances....
Old 11-24-2015, 06:10 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a party guy just like Hamilton... but he is thin, fit, rich, accomplished, and a multi F1 WDC. In comparison I am... uhh... a party guy just like Hamilton!! Where was I going with this?

Oh ya... who am I to really judge.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Racer

Received 290 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
I am a party guy just like Hamilton... but he is thin, fit, rich, accomplished, and a multi F1 WDC. In comparison I am... uhh... a party guy just like Hamilton!! Where was I going with this?

That's a very funny comment...still laughing! Thanks...
Old 11-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Racer

Received 290 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Hamilton...

Rehab for Hamilton...make him drive for Marussia F1.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:54 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PPo

perfect
Old 11-24-2015, 11:22 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by CFGT3
I don't buy it, he's been out of the McLaren stable for years now. What were you doing at 30 years old? If it was still partying and crashing cars at 3:30 a.m. then I'd say you're 20 instead of 30.

As was mentioned before, he's always had a competitive car underneath him and reminds me of the old saying of the guy that was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple. If you could drive the 2015 McLaren to a race win then that would impress me, but don't tell me everyone else sucks. You're driving a Cup car vs. a spec Boxster in some instances....
Let's see....working since I was a kid....married at 20...8 years of college and law school, all of it at night, while working full time.....10 years in the corporate world.....15 years getting my own business up and running.

Now, finally, I get that I need to have fun. 45 and staying out late (with the wife) drinking and partying and driving my race car every chance I get. 46 days on track this year and I am going to do more in 2016. Why? Because I ain't going to the grave with regret.

You should only act that way in your 20s? No F-ing way. I'm just getting started and perhaps Hamilton is as well. He just needs to dial back the doucheyness a little bit but he should absolutely party on!

Originally Posted by PPo

+1

Originally Posted by 9114609048
Rehab for Hamilton...make him drive for Marussia F1.

Now that's funny!

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton is Myopic and needs to pump the brakes