Sponsored by:

Lewis Hamilton is Myopic and needs to pump the brakes

Old 11-20-2015, 11:36 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,855 Likes on 1,698 Posts
Default Lewis Hamilton is Myopic and needs to pump the brakes

Less than a week after crashing his $2m car into 3 parked cars and 2 weeks removed from saying that Schumacher won his titles because of questionable tactics (never mind that his hero Senna did the exact same), comes new revelations from Hamilton:

Champion has 'extreme faith' in himself

In one fell swoop, Lewis Hamilton has maligned three more Formula One stars.

Recently, the new triple world champion had to hit reverse gear after suggesting F1 legend Michael Schumacher's record seven titles were won with questionable tactics, while his own were the result of "my natural abilities only."

Now, the increasingly controversial 30-year-old has made his latest verbal gaffe in conversation with the German magazine Sport Bild.

When asked about the quadruple world champion and likely 2016 title challenger Sebastian Vettel, Hamilton said, "I have a lot of respect for him, but it's difficult to assess how good he really is.

"He's never been in a team with someone like Fernando Alonso, but always with people like Mark Webber, who was not on his level, and Kimi Raikkonen, who is no longer at the peak of his performance," the Briton added.

Before the Sport Bild interview, Hamilton's former McLaren teammate Jenson Button warned the Mercedes driver about letting his recent success make him "arrogant."

When asked about his arguably excessive confidence, Hamilton told Sport Bild, "I would not call it self-confidence, but extreme faith in myself.

"That is the key to success," he argued.

"Before my debut in 2007, I knew it would be hard to beat Fernando, but I also knew that I could do it.

"I still remember before the first race, Ron Dennis said I shouldn't be too disappointed if Alonso beats me really badly. But I knew that it wouldn't happen," added Hamilton.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/formula-...#ixzz3s2utqiAX

Someone tell Hamilton that he had Alonso for a teammate for 1 year where the team favored LH> He won his first title because Timo Glock let him pass in the rain at Interlagos and he's won his last 2 titles in a car that is consistently 1 second a lap faster than the entire field and his teammate is Nico Rosberg.... BTW, his other teammate was Jensen Button, who is a nice guy, but won his lone WDC because he had a double diffuser and others didn't...

If he had actually build the Mercedes power unit that is giving him these titles, I'd say he has "natural abilities", but calling out Vettel and don't know how good he is when you have a car that wins 95% of the races is ridiculous. :roll eyes: Get a grip of yourself
Old 11-20-2015, 03:35 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing... Nico must be a very good driver to even finish on the same lap as his holiness...
Old 11-20-2015, 04:30 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 743 Posts

Hamilton has ALWAYS been this way.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:41 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,855 Likes on 1,698 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Hamilton has ALWAYS been this way.
Yes, but usually people mature and mellow with age. He's 30 now and not a young punk who has to prove himself. It reeks of insecurity on his part. When you have 3 titles under your belt, you don't have to say a word and throw stones at others.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:43 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All of the best ones are that way, he's just one of the ones who will say it.

Did Ferrari not have all sorts of advantages when Schumi was driving? Who could argue that it wasn't the case. Calling sir A Wayne?.........

McLaren favored Hamilton? Lol........

Vettel is good, but he was handily beaten by Ricciardo last year, and other than the first year when Webber had equal treatment and an equal car, Vettel went uncontested until then. So that point is valid as well.

Nico would be the next Vettel if Hamilton hadn't been such an idiot and left Mclaren. Food for thought.

Of course, you wouldn't expect what he says to please people who already don't like him.

- Fanboy
Old 11-20-2015, 06:15 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Hamilton is a D bag and I hope the next time he crashes his Pagani it's into an icy river.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:56 PM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I recently began giving Louis some respect thinking he was maturing until he spews this utter garbage. Both Merc drivers can go F themselves ( as I know they each wish they could).
Old 11-20-2015, 08:36 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Our bros at Axis:

Why Hamilton is Not Senna
http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2015...not-senna.html

...and, English media bias

Formula One’s ‘Hamilton-centric’ media coverage must end now
http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/18...-must-end-now/

I'm relieved this season is (essentially) over and in the books.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinout
I recently began giving Louis some respect thinking he was maturing until he spews this utter garbage. Both Merc drivers can go F themselves ( as I know they each wish they could).
This
Old 11-21-2015, 02:39 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

i enjoy a colorful controversial F1 driver.... nothing new here.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:44 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Vettel is the true champ mentality. I think he's going to come back next season in a big way.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:17 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
i enjoy a colorful controversial F1 driver.... nothing new here.
Invariably they fall back to Earth, and the audience loves the spectacle of a fall.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:12 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinout
I recently began giving Louis some respect thinking he was maturing until he spews this utter garbage.
+1. I was giving him more credit than I think he is due because I kept reading what he said in articles, rather than hearing it on the TV broadcasts. From the written version, it seemed as though he was really sincere when he gave the team credit, etc, but when you hear him say it, it seems a little phonier, and then he gives these interviews and removes all doubt.

In comparison, Vettel has really locked down his PR. I can't think of a time this season when he's been inconsistent in the press.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:20 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

IIRC Seb was a cocky little Siht earlier in his carrer. Shumacher was as arrogant as ever.

Hammy is a typical sports star on top of their game who came up from humble roots.

Nico is, unfortunately, a spoiled little Siht. A talented little Siht but a little Siht.

Seb, Ricardo, and Button are the 3 drivers I would like to have dinner with. Kimi, a beer with Kimi would be awesome.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:04 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
IIRC Seb was a cocky little Siht earlier in his carrer. Shumacher was as arrogant as ever.

Hammy is a typical sports star on top of their game who came up from humble roots.

Nico is, unfortunately, a spoiled little Siht. A talented little Siht but a little Siht.

Seb, Ricardo, and Button are the 3 drivers I would like to have dinner with. Kimi, a beer with Kimi would be awesome.
+1

Generally speaking you don't get to be WC without being somewhat of a *****. Nico is an example of what it is like to have that 2% missing self confidence that is needed to be a true champion.

Only a WC ignores "Multi 21" Its a dick move, sure, but that is how you win.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton is Myopic and needs to pump the brakes