Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roux Helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016 | 08:23 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Don't think so, IMSA is usually a female end on the helmet from what I've seen.
Check out these pages:

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.ph...ries&cPath=139

http://www.rallynuts.com/helmet-headsets.html

You'll notice that only the Stilo WRC systems are Female.

Then look here at all the intercoms - you'll see that most have a female connector to the headset's male connector.

http://www.rallynuts.com/intercom-amplifiers.html

But since everything seems to be different for no reason, I am not surprised by your message.
Old 12-09-2016 | 10:45 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For adapter cables that are hard to find, check out racecommunications.com. They were just bought by HMS and have a ton of cable adapters for everything to everything and can custom make anything you need. I've not used them, but saw a wall of adapters at PRI today.
Old 12-10-2016 | 02:42 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Got mine today, turns out a large is too big. Large fits differently than a Stilo. I'm a medium Simpson, but the medium Stilo was a no go.
Old 12-10-2016 | 11:57 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Totally agree. There is an art and science to removing a helmet safely that takes two sets of hands. Having removed god knows how many I would echo Jack's comment that more gizmos aren't a replacement for basic knowledge and skill.

The vast majority of cervical spine injuries are either mechanically/clinically stable or catastrophic - i.e. removing the helmet by whatever common sense technique isn't going to make things worse. So IMHO alot of this stuff is smoke and mirrors.
Yep. From another surgeon with experience in the trenches.

Originally Posted by John H
Jack/Matt

Do the new contraptions make the traditional method impossible?
No. It just means that the EMS crew is going to dick around with something that they may not be completely familiar with or practiced very many times- especially if the person wearing the helmet insists on it.
Old 12-10-2016 | 12:05 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Got a chance to weigh it on a good scale. With everything, plus the 35mm cheek pads, it is 4lbs 2oz (minus the 3-year old). My simpson carbon medium in comparison was 3lbs, with a chatter box headset and intercom attached. The Roux is definitely a tank and I'd expect eject, cooling and gel muffs add a bit of weight. The Stilo large with electronics I weighed at winding road was 3lb 8oz..

I search through the catalogs of a couple chinese companies, and it looks like this helmet was made by company called Rodia (or the manufacturer behind Rodia). They have a helmet that is nearly identical, minus the features. So for the person who asked how this helmet is different than the Blackarmor, which is made by BSR/Rodia, it's probably very similar in construction, but missing the fancy features and quality of how the electronics is integrated into the shell design. For the price, if you like the idea of cooling, eject, and integrated radio, then this is probably the helmet to have. If you are a ounce counter, you're better off with a Simpson Carbon. If you want something not made in China, then go Stilo. This is assuming you like the way all fit your head - that's really the place to start, not the price or features.

Name:  IMG_7059.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  207.4 KB

Last edited by ShakeNBake; 12-10-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2016 | 06:51 PM
racerbvd
Banned

Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2016 | 07:05 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John H
Jack/Matt

Do the new contraptions make the traditional method impossible?
John - not to worry. Jack and I would douse your head/helmet with beer and slip it off. Beer is not only an excellent social lubricant but also an underutilized helmet removal tool.

Last edited by jdistefa; 12-10-2016 at 07:46 PM. Reason: style points
Old 12-11-2016 | 11:57 AM
txhokie4life
Drifting

John - not to worry. Jack and I would douse your head/helmet with beer and slip it off. Beer is not only an excellent social lubricant but also an underutilized helmet removal tool.
From my experience Beer is capable of removing far more than just the helmet...

M
Old 12-11-2016 | 12:21 PM
RickyBobby
Instructor

Yes, yes, I'm sure you're a good surgeon and all...

but I'd have to insist they use single malt -- GlenMorangie preferably.
Old 12-13-2016 | 02:24 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

Got mine last week. Old Bell's were medium's but on Linda's advise went with a large ROUX, and it fits well. Have not had the opportunity to try the radio yet. Now just need adapters to plumb up drinking water and water for cooling? Does Apex stock that stuff as well?
Old 12-13-2016 | 02:26 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Roux is introducing a replacement hose that will connect to your cooler, hose and Roux helmet but it sounds expensive. We are working on something that hopefully will be a little less expensive and work somewhat like the cool shirt cool-a-clava setup that piggybacks onto your shirt. Still a work in process.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 12-13-2016 | 03:34 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

^^ Post here when you done. It would make a nice accessory to be able to get Helmet and connectors in one place, at a good price. How does the (drinking) water line work? I'm used to the Camelback bite valve?
Old 12-13-2016 | 03:39 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You would need to get a female water connection to hook to your cambelback system. I think they run about 10-$15.
Old 12-13-2016 | 04:28 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

^^m but do we need a nouth piece for the helmet or do we just suck on the small hose there now? Does it leak without one?
Old 12-13-2016 | 05:19 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Roux said....

No bite valve. The hose is thinner than the ones on Cambelback. Regarding leaking issues, the idea is for them to leave it in their mouth when it is hooked up to water. The bite valves themselves leak all the time.

Quick Reply: Roux Helmets?