Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

2015 US Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 11:19 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
Did anybody bother to look at Vettel? He said congratulations and when you saw his face afterwards you saw steely resolve to win next year. With Nico, you saw a guy looking for his blankey and a place to huddle with it and suck his thumb.
that
Old 10-27-2015, 11:20 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lewis winning the WDC this year was inevitable. It was written on the track after the first couple of races. No other car was within 1 sec except, of course, Nico's and Nico is sooooo weak and such a wimp he can't put up a fight. He should have forced Hamilton to crash into him on a least 3 occasions this year. That would have stopped him from making NR his bitch. If Nico really wanted to put up some fight for the championship he would have let Vettel by to claim second. That would have extended the title fight. Maybe giving him at least a chance to show he can and is willing to fight for wins.

We will see what LH really has when Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas (maybe) and perhaps Max V have competitive cars. I say he gets flustered, makes mistakes and does not win any title when he is challenged.

At least we saw a lot of on-track action. Maybe Bernie was on to something when he suggested they wet down the track. The rain definitely made for an interesting race.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:27 AM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
This was a dick move by Hamilturd. There was plenty of space for him to make the turn and not try and push Nicco off the track, but he chose to do it anyway. If I were Nicco I'd just crash this jackass out a couple of times to teach him not to f**k with me, and at the same time keep him from scoring points as an added bonus.
THIS! Lewis knows Nico will concede and let him thru, so he's going to push him wide every single time. Nico needs to hold his line and force Hamilton to decide whether they're going to crash. A few DNFs because Nico won't move over will change his attitude.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:33 AM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by paradisenb
We will see what LH really has when Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas (maybe) and perhaps Max V have competitive cars. I say he gets flustered, makes mistakes and does not win any title when he is challenged.
Agreed. Imagine Hamilton being aggressive with that crew... he would crash out very often and blame the others for his mistakes.

Winning the world champion the way he did this year will make Hamilton's future very difficult if the other teams build competitive cars.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Didn't Rosberg get vilified when he actually did challenge Hamilton for a corner?
I don't think he's a ***** but may be slightly lacking the alpha killer instinct gene and GFY attitude.

That is apparently the difference at the very top of the pyramid.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 220 Posts

I agree that Nico should've risen to the occasion with the eyes of millions of viewers and fans on him. At the same time, Hammy did hose him in that first corner of the race. At first I thought HAM simply couldn't get the car to turn in but looking at the cockpit footage there was no steering input.

Nico was (and is) trailing VET by a slim margin for 2nd place in the WDC. Nico knew that if he had a DNF by getting into it in the first corner with HAM, that his chance of a second place WDC could be over whereas HAM could DNF and ultimately would have most certainly gotten the WDC champ in the coming race or two.

Nico knew this. Hammy knew this. Hammy knew that Nico knew this! IMO, Nico had more to lose in a DNF situation in that race.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:52 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Now that Lewis has won the WDC, he should do all he can to ensure his teammate secures 2nd in the points.

Btw, did anyone notice how Toto and Nikki looked at each other with little grins when Nico ran wide?
Old 10-27-2015, 04:09 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 901 Likes on 544 Posts

Maybe Nico can win the next race if Hammy messes up his next tatoo appointment, and misses the race...
Old 10-27-2015, 04:54 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CCA
Now that Lewis has won the WDC, he should do all he can to ensure his teammate secures 2nd in the points.

Btw, did anyone notice how Toto and Nikki looked at each other with little grins when Nico ran wide?
I noticed that. I thought is was very telling. I don't think they care much for Nico. At the very least they did not show him any respect. But he hasn't earned it.

The fact that he is fighting to hold on to 2nd place against a driver in a car that is 1-2 seconds a lap slower than his tells a story that, if he ultimately finishes 3rd, he does not want to have to explain.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CCA

I'd wager that had more to do with the fact that now they were likely going to clinch the drivers championship and not a 'haha screw nico' moment.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:03 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,027 Likes on 1,788 Posts

I noticed as well, but interpreted it as "Lewis got over on Nico again". At that moment there were still 4 races left to determine the WDC, hardly any drama, just a formality.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:55 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
I'd wager that had more to do with the fact that now they were likely going to clinch the drivers championship and not a 'haha screw nico' moment.
Yes, I pretty much "assume" the attitude from them was that his mistake conveniently ends the drama around when Lewis will clinch the title.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:39 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LoanWolf
Seems to me that Hamilton wanted to rub a little salt in Rosberg's wound by tossing the #2 cap in his face...not sure whether that was Hamilton's intent, but I don't really blame Rosberg for tossing it back at Hamilton...
Originally Posted by jbossolo
Well, I agree that it was definitely not a polite move, but given all he crap that has transpired between them through these past couple of years, it was probably a "Here's your loser cap" moment. A dog marking his territory kind of deal.
Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
IMO, a dick move on both their parts...
Looking at the video again, LH picked up 3 caps. He tossed one to Rosberg, and evidently Vettel was just out of sight to the right (he handed a third hat to someone). It just so happened that Rosberg was pouting (er sitting) far away like a little baby (er true professional) which is why the hat was thrown instead of handed.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:32 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Let me ask you, what would Shumacher done? If he was in position what would Vettel done? What would Lauda have done? What would Fangio done? They would have raced to win. This is not the Rolex Motorsports Reunion, this is F1.

I am reminded by that racing sage Ricky Bobby:
"Second is first loser."
You do not like where you finished? Race faster, drive tougher. DO NOT SIT IN THE CORNER AND SUCK YOUR THUMB.

I bet Nico needs an injection of Testosterone.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:10 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

............and just think we get to do all over in a few days down in Mexico.........the championships are over, lets leave the Mercs off the grid.

Quick Reply: 2015 US Grand Prix