Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Set of two Scroth Profil 2 harnesses in Blue - Expired in 2013. Cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 12:56 AM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Just post on another forum, they will sell instantly

If in clean shape much safer than 15 year old 3 points
Good point, I was hoping someone here would benefit, oh well
Old 09-02-2015, 10:31 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I agree that it is safer than a stock OEM seat belt but the fact of the matter is that PCA has been cracking down a little more on safety items recently. Not speaking for any region in particular but I have seen people being told to fix something "for next time" when they are in technical violation of the rules but it is not a real safety issue.

The OEM belts versus an out of date harness is the best example.

I heard that years ago state troopers showed up at NJMP and were checking belts and sending people home. Don't know if that is an urban legend but I guess it could happen.

not urban legend. i was there when it happened. my friend had to go to the shop and buy new belts otherwise they would not let him out on the track.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:10 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I heard that years ago state troopers showed up at NJMP and were checking belts and sending people home. Don't know if that is an urban legend but I guess it could happen.
Originally Posted by dougdep
not urban legend. i was there when it happened. my friend had to go to the shop and buy new belts otherwise they would not let him out on the track.
How is it any of state troopers' business what belts someone uses on a private track with most cars not even registered for driving on public roads? Did they check each car's emissions and proper functioning of turn signals, too?
Old 09-02-2015, 11:38 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,901 Likes on 1,723 Posts

PCA is over the top crazy about these belts. I have expired harnesses and tied them up behind the driver's seat because I was going to use my 12 year old OEM 3 pt. belts for a freakin parking lot autocross. The tech guys made me take the pin out of the side belt and REMOVE the harnesses to run an AX for fear I would use them in a parking lot! Even after I told them I was going to run the 3 pt.

Did I mention this was a parking lot?
Old 09-03-2015, 09:23 PM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
How is it any of state troopers' business what belts someone uses on a private track with most cars not even registered for driving on public roads? Did they check each car's emissions and proper functioning of turn signals, too?
Damn right its their business.. In our state(NJ) they control all on track activities.
I once raced a friends Legends car at Wall stadium, a short paved and banked "bull ring"(15-20 second laps)). When I showed up with my three(3) layer OMP suit they(state police) wouldn't let me on the track unless I had Nomex underwear on also. Tried to explain to them but to no avail.
No underwear ,no racing.
So, if I'd shown up with a one layer suit with underwear I'd been good to go.
WTF?
Same with CT. Their state police also prowl the paddock and control on track activities .
No sense in "fighting the system" cause you're never gonna win.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:07 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by tomburdge
In our state(NJ) they control all on track activities.
Same with CT. Their state police also prowl the paddock and control on track activities .
Never seen state police in the paddock in the six years I've been going to tracks (in NJ, NY, and CT).
Old 09-03-2015, 11:37 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

It's been a few years since I've seen them checking anyone at NJMP but I have seen them in the past.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:07 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PCA Minimum Standards

Originally Posted by ExMB
Are you saying that you have attended DEs that violate PCA minimum standards and are therefore OK with it as well as recommending to ignore rules?

From the PCA DE rule book that all PCA regions should adhere to:

Harness Systems

If the participant chooses to install a five- or six-point driving harness, several changes to the automobile must be made to create a safe occupant restraint system. Harnesses must:

Include an antisubmarine strap.
Have all harness attachment points secured/mounted in an approved manner consistent with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Be used in conjunction with a seat that has the supplied routing holes for the shoulder and antisubmarine belts.
Have the shoulder straps mounted at 90 degrees to the axis of your spine or at most 40 degrees down from horizontal.

The participant should BE AWARE that the addition of such a seat and harness system results in the occupant being fastened upright in the vehicle. Therefore, in order to have a COMPLETE SYSTEM, a properly padded roll bar or roll cage and an approved Head and Neck Restraint System (HANS) device are strongly encouraged and highly recommended. The use of such a harness system without roll protection and HANS may result in an unsafe environment and is not a COMPLETE SYSTEM. If installed, roll bars or cages and their installation must meet PCA Club Racing standards. Due to UV degradation and wear, the harness webbing must be replaced every five years. Four-point systems are not allowed in Porsches because of the integrated headrest supplied by the factory. In addition to the standard SFI and/or FIA-approved five- and/or six-point system, a four-point system is allowed in non-Porsches that meet the following requirements:

Meets the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 209.
Attaches to the factory seat belt mounting points.
Each belt is designed to work in a specific vehicle and that vehicle tag must be attached to the belt system.

An example of a system that meets the above criteria is the Schroth Quick Fit system.

https://www.pca.org/driver-education-minimum-standards
Thanks for posting and yes every PCA region is surely in compliance😀 I hope everyone has a fun and safe fall DE experience.

Quick Reply: Set of two Scroth Profil 2 harnesses in Blue - Expired in 2013. Cheap!