Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long club races

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 03:12 PM
CAM14
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Highly recommend endurance racing. Better yet, night racing. The longer races really reward smooth and consistent driving and the team aspect is a great deal of fun. Strategy is a huge factor and looking at the long term view can make an unlikely car very competitive.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:01 PM
996TWINS
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CAM14
Highly recommend endurance racing. Better yet, night racing. The longer races really reward smooth and consistent driving and the team aspect is a great deal of fun. Strategy is a huge factor and looking at the long term view can make an unlikely car very competitive.
Here is a clip from last years POC Tribute to LeMans race at night .

Old 06-10-2015, 05:00 PM
loxner

Originally Posted by Coloradoheel
World Racing League came online last year. Ran 8 races I think - 16 this year.
I've done a couple with them, most recently a 12 hour at High Plains last Saturday in my Spec Boxster. You had some of the usual Lemons/Chumps type entries, but the GP1 class was mostly local SPBs (8 of them) with some BMWs and a Golf.
They run a good event - ton of fun.
I had a 4 driver team in my car - 3 hours per man. After 12 hours we missed 3rd position by a mere 47 seconds (my BS black flag for pass under yellow was the difference).
I highly recommend. And if anyone wants to join me, I'm running the car again at High Plains first weekend of September (9 hrs Saturday/7 Sunday), Hallett in mid October, and probably Texas World in December.

+1 for WRL. I've run 4 of their events now with Adam Jaspers' Rennstall USA team fielding a pair of Spec Boxsters, and we've had an absolute blast.

IMO, running WRL for Enduros and PCA for Sprints (90min is a sprint ) is a fantastic combination. PCA allows you to develop your raw speed and racecraft, while WRL builds everything else like strategy, equipment preservation, working as a team, etc.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Cory is correct that at the Daytona PCA CR a couple of years ago there was a 3 hour enduro, which coincided with the running of a 90 minute enduro which started at the same time. There weren't a lot of cars in the 3 hour enduro but those who did take part enjoyed it.
PCA's rules allow for enduros of longer than 90 minutes. It's just that those same rules require a driver change if the race is longer than 90 minutes which has driven the decision to not hold longer enduros as most PCA racers don't want to share their cars.
If a bunch of RListers would get together and decide that they were going to co drive in an enduro and present that proposal to one of the smaller PCA races, my bet is the race organizers and PCA stewards would jump all over it.
The SPB showdown at Hallett this October, perhaps?
Old 06-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Rastarace
Advanced

Default Daytona 2012

The year was 2012 at DIS. First and only time PCA has run a 3 hour enduro. We had 27 racers registered. Other than the rain, nothing other than positive responses.
We're just under 4 months from the next Daytona PCA club race and the rumor mill that it will not happen is at full speed. Seems to happen every year around this time. The date is 23-25 Oct...so mark it on your calendar. This could be your last chance to race with PCA at Daytona...tongue in cheek!! That applies to the advanced solo DE also.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:42 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
Cory is correct that at the Daytona PCA CR a couple of years ago there was a 3 hour enduro, which coincided with the running of a 90 minute enduro which started at the same time. There weren't a lot of cars in the 3 hour enduro but those who did take part enjoyed it.
PCA's rules allow for enduros of longer than 90 minutes. It's just that those same rules require a driver change if the race is longer than 90 minutes which has driven the decision to not hold longer enduros as most PCA racers don't want to share their cars.
If a bunch of RListers would get together and decide that they were going to co drive in an enduro and present that proposal to one of the smaller PCA races, my bet is the race organizers and PCA stewards would jump all over it.
The SPB showdown at Hallett this October, perhaps?
How long ago was the driver change rule at 2 hrs written? Back before anyone had cool suits? Should it be revisited? Should we have 1:55 enduros? I understand that it's hard to get multiple races in on a Sunday when everybody wants to get on the road as early as possible but 90 min seems to go by really quickly.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Scott.
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Another vote for WRL/Chump/etc.. I've been running Chump for the last several years and it's a great way to learn team endurance racing without huge financial risks. I'll be at Laguna Seca next weekend for three days of Chump racing. Twenty hours of racing over three days!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:50 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

HSR runs a few events including a 4 hour enduro in december.

One of the best is the 6 hour sebring enduro in january with PBOC.

Maybe I like it cuase we won our classes 2 years in a row, and yes, with a cayman.

I would love to run a cayman in the 25 hour race at t-hill. I think a 3.8 cayman would be a top runner.

Quick Reply: Long club races