Sponsored by:

World Challenge at Mosport this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 10:57 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default World Challenge at Mosport this weekend

WOW, that TC race today was spectacular! That was easily the best racing I've seen this year. Margin of victory: 0.081 seconds.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Anyone else having problems with the feed? It keeps freezing, then backing up about 10 seconds and restarting for me. I was watching the GTS race and it just cut off with about 4 minutes left.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:50 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Yeah, the GTS one was awful. Rats.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:36 AM
BERG
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mosport

Race three is at 8:00 am this morning. We had a wheel crack and had to stop during the first yellow but made it back to 7th. Hoping for better today. #40
Old 05-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BERG
Race three is at 8:00 am this morning. We had a wheel crack and had to stop during the first yellow but made it back to 7th. Hoping for better today. #40
Good job!!!
Old 05-17-2015, 10:08 AM
fnel1771
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Great driving John finishing 6th. Too bad for Dina bumper pushing her down the standings
Old 05-17-2015, 05:35 PM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 76 Posts

We kept loosing left rear tires this weekend. Inner side wall belt failure. Made it through race 2 without a failure by taking it easy and finished 4th. Pushed hard for race 3 and lost another one. The crew swapped out a spare and didn't go a lap down. Made it back up to 7th. My team mate cody in our 2nd car has two 3rds and a 4th.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:35 PM
Komenda Fan
Advanced

Had a great time yesterday at Mosport. Special thanks to Effort Racing who invited me in to look over their 997 GT3 R. Didn't ask, they merely saw me looking and asked if I'd like to come in for a look. Great guys, great car.

Racing on track was brilliant too. Glad to see Tim Sanderson grab 4th in his first season in Platinum in Porsche Cup, I'll have to look to see how he did today.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:58 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Great day of racing today, but the incident in the PWC GT race where the field came flying through turn 1 only to find the tow truck in the middle of the track was very, very scary and needs to be addressed.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:10 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Originally Posted by TrackdayRSA.
Great day of racing today, but the incident in the PWC GT race where the field came flying through turn 1 only to find the tow truck in the middle of the track was very, very scary and needs to be addressed.
+1. That was shocking. I can't remember where the car was that it was retrieving, either. Was it inside of 1?

I wish I'd been there to see the Bentleys. They look so cool.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:55 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pontifex4
+1. That was shocking. I can't remember where the car was that it was retrieving, either. Was it inside of 1?

I wish I'd been there to see the Bentleys. They look so cool.
It was one of the BMWs that died on its way out of the pits. The situation was made even scarier when one of the Cadillacs exited the pits with the BMW still sitting there and was forced to cross the blend line to get out just as the field was coming through T1. Definitely handled badly, and just damn lucky that no one lost it in T1 during that period.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:28 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by TrackdayRSA.
It was one of the BMWs that died on its way out of the pits. The situation was made even scarier when one of the Cadillacs exited the pits with the BMW still sitting there and was forced to cross the blend line to get out just as the field was coming through T1. Definitely handled badly, and just damn lucky that no one lost it in T1 during that period.
Interesting... I was right there at the turn 1 flagging stand, and they where waving the yellow and white flags appropriately... and even displayed (IMHO) the proper body language with respect to communicating if it was a new event or the same incident.

I am not saying I am right, just saying that from my vantage point, it was handled pretty well... they called out the safety car when the flat bed had to come out to pick up the BMW.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:52 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

The Bentleys are awesome! I bought a shirt of the team.

My transponder was not working during qualifying. Started last, finished second! Overheated the tires while closing on P1. Got the margin to 3 seconds, then I had to let go. Finished P2 on Sunday too. Great weekend overall!

c.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Radio996
Instructor

Whoo haa! Congratulations Charles, this news reached Tremblant on Monday. You were the talk of the town. Very well done ! Especially for someone who was about to hang his driving gloves!
Old 05-20-2015, 01:58 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

I saw it differently...if they had shown the yellow earlier then the field would not have come through T1 at full speed. The safety car did not pick up the field until the fourth lap.

Originally Posted by PPo
Interesting... I was right there at the turn 1 flagging stand, and they where waving the yellow and white flags appropriately... and even displayed (IMHO) the proper body language with respect to communicating if it was a new event or the same incident.

I am not saying I am right, just saying that from my vantage point, it was handled pretty well... they called out the safety car when the flat bed had to come out to pick up the BMW.

Quick Reply: World Challenge at Mosport this weekend