Sponsored by:

Cups and Saucers

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cups and Saucers

I must say that I had an excellent time at this event. The weather was great and the track time basically unlimited. Arriving with a U-Haul box truck as my tow vehicle made a statement, I'm told, but not clear what it was. A long story but my Touareg broke down south of Binghampton and it was all improvisation after that. I really enjoyed running with some pretty fast cars (and being passed by Savenor like I was a chicane). Looking forward to next year.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:07 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,306 Likes on 1,878 Posts

Ronnie will do that to you!

Sounds like fun! Looking forward to next week, Metro DE and the Club Race at the end of the month.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-08-2015, 09:18 PM
TomGT3
Racer

Awesome 2 days. A lot of car problems for people.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:27 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Agreed.....weather was absolutely beautiful as was the driving.....such a relief not to be freezing! The MINI had a great time with the fellow Saucers to the tune of about 5.5 total hours of track time--simply didn't want to get out of the car. Hats off to all the organizers and volunteers for putting on a "must-do" event!

Gary

Last edited by gbuff; 05-08-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:48 PM
TomGT3
Racer

Wow can you drive that Mini. I was behind you in the Toe and your tires were screaming, loudest noise I have ever heard from a set of tires.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:14 PM
rnh204
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome time. Will definitely be back next year.

Terry - I was parked next to you in the garage in the grey RS - thank you for the medicine. So much track time my back is still sore!

Gbuff - didn't get a chance to say hello but you really drove that Mini to its limits. Great driving.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:15 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomGT3
Wow can you drive that Mini. I was behind you in the Toe and your tires were screaming, loudest noise I have ever heard from a set of tires.
Everything's good in the Toe until we go up the hill--then the 121 horses have a collective stroke!

Looked at my RE11As today--totally, completely and unequivocally BALD!

Thanks much for the kind words.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:17 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rnh204
Gbuff - didn't get a chance to say hello but you really drove that Mini to its limits. Great driving.
Likewise--thanks very much. Hope I didn't hold anybody up too much...

Gary
Old 05-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Captain Slow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on a fantastic event. Only regret I have is not meeting more people, trying to get out on track as much as possible

You guys should have stayed for ARPCA - it was another 8 hours of open track today. - almost too much
Old 05-09-2015, 09:55 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Hudson Champlain Region PCA knocked it out of the park! Great to see some old chums at the track and made a few new friends, too! Sessions consisting of 1.0 hour runs and 1.5 hour runs were awesome.....the great weather helped make it another amazing event. Not only plenty of track time, but no trains, either.

Thanks to Chris, Jim, Andy, Tim and all the support.....the event was a seasonal highlight, for sure!
Old 05-09-2015, 07:39 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Heres a few good laps .For me anyway..
Old 05-09-2015, 08:42 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Great event and great weather!

Originally Posted by Terry L
I must say that I had an excellent time at this event. The weather was great and the track time basically unlimited. Arriving with a U-Haul box truck as my tow vehicle made a statement, I'm told, but not clear what it was. A long story but my Touareg broke down south of Binghampton and it was all improvisation after that. I really enjoyed running with some pretty fast cars (and being passed by Savenor like I was a chicane). Looking forward to next year.
Terry, you and I have to meet at some point - RTR here too. If you don't mind me asking, what happened with the Touareg? Has it been otherwise reliable? Asking because I've been thinking about Treg 2 TDI as a tow vehicle. Last question - is your car a GT3 or a GT3 Cup? You passed me several times like I was a moving chicane.....

Are you Tom from Michigan? White 996 GT3 in Cups? Sorry if I'm confusing you with someone else...

Originally Posted by LateApexer
+1 on a fantastic event. Only regret I have is not meeting more people, trying to get out on track as much as possible

You guys should have stayed for ARPCA - it was another 8 hours of open track today. - almost too much
Very nice meeting you, Tom. You were smokin' in that thing on only your 3rd time at the track! Had a lot of fun chasing you. Wish I could've run on Friday but I had to entertain the gf with tourist stuff..
Old 05-09-2015, 09:51 PM
TomGT3
Racer

Sorry it was not me. I think you are talking about Chuck Price.

I ran in Saucers (1st time at C&S) because I didn't know if I was running fast enough and would hold up anyone.
What kind of times were you running in Cups?

Rocketman: your video requires sign-in?
Old 05-09-2015, 11:30 PM
Captain Slow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TomGT3 : vetman and I had some nice chase sessions going. Not sure what he recorded, but he pushed me into a 2:10.8, a PB for me

Vetman : Very nice meeting you. Wish we could have run together at ARPCA so I could try to break 2:10 Also, we must be on some weird telepathic wave in that I was too looking at a Touraeg TDI for a towrig and had the same question for Terry

Last edited by Captain Slow; 05-09-2015 at 11:37 PM. Reason: vetman
Old 05-10-2015, 12:02 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry it was not me. I think you are talking about Chuck Price.

I ran in Saucers (1st time at C&S) because I didn't know if I was running fast enough and would hold up anyone.
What kind of times were you running in Cups?

Rocketman: your video requires sign-in?
Sorry, Tom, I got confused by your avatar. Yes, I think it was Chuck (very nice guy BTW and a fellow Penn grad).

I was running in 2:11s when pushing. Best I could muster was 2:11.027 (my PB). Wanted to get into 2:10s or lower but apparently the car needs a better driver (i.e. not me! ) for that.

p.s. BTW, Gary does haul *** in his Mini on street tires. Very nice driving!

Quick Reply: Cups and Saucers