Sponsored by:

F1 versus Moto GP

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 10:09 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
If the Hondas were 1-2, Lorenzo 3, Rossi 4, Rossi would have been world champion.
So it's everyone who was ahead of him, that is at fault here..
Man, what a sourpuss Rossi is. Why is he bitching and moaning when he was never the fastest rider all yr.
It was his championship to lose and he lost it.
It was Marquez's fault, now Pedrosa has been added to the list. How can Honda let this happen... The list keeps building. How pathetic.
Yes Vale, it's everyone's fault but yours. You started this bs, now live with it. Just admit it, you are just not as good as the newer riders in equal equipment. Time to retire or accept #2 status.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:31 PM
zadar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Man, what a sourpuss Rossi is. Why is he bitching and moaning when he was never the fastest rider all yr.
It was Marquez's fault, now Pedrosa has been added to the list. How can Honda let this happen... The list keeps building. How pathetic.
Yes Vale, it's everyone's fault but yours. You started this bs, now live with it. Just admit it, you are just not as good as the newer riders in equal equipment. Time to retire or accept #2 status.
No, just one guy
3 races in row interfering with real racing.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:27 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,477 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
You are so wrong on so many accounts that I'd need a book to list them all. It's your assumption that Rossi would have finished 4th if there were no penalty. The fact he used up his tires going from 25th to 4th probably had a lot to do with his pace toward the end.

SPeaking of pace, Lorenzo's slowed down by 2 secs a lap at the end. Coincidence that Marquez' pace slowed down by exactly the same and no past attempt?? Yes, Marquez could have let Pedrosa go by and Pedrosa had the pace to beat Marquez to the flag and Lorenzo still would have won the title, but it's still tainted in so far as it took Marquez 3 races to slow down a 36 year old rider and run interference for Lorenzo to win the title.

No one said he was the fastest rider all year, But only someone with deep rooted hatred would make a statement that he was NEVER the fastest rider all year. How does one win multiple GPs and hold the championship lead for 17 races if he was "never the fastest rider all year"? Stupid comment on your part given that your theory is that Rossi is the slowest of the 4 top riders, yet somehow managed to lead the championshiip all year.... what's that say about the other 3 riders??

BTW, Lorenzo is a great rider and would have been deserving of the title had he not get the assistance of Marquez. Not Lorenzo's fault as I'm sure he didn't ask Marquez to do what he did, but it's still not how the people want to see the end of a great season. This isn't NASCAR afterall.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:35 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Direct quotes from Lorenzo immediately after the race:

Lorenzo told the Movistar MotoGP TV channel shortly after Sunday's race that Marquez and Pedrosa's Spanish nationality had 'helped' him during the race, saying: “They knew what I had in play. The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me. That helped me because for sure in another kind of race they would have tried to overtake, which they didn't this time.

“If Valentino had been in my position and with Italians behind they would have done exactly the same. The title had to be for Spain.”

Exactly what Valentino has been talking about for the past 3 races. It can't get any more clear that that!
Old 11-09-2015, 04:35 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Seems like I struck a nerve with a fan, lol.
I would have liked it to be a clean championship but Rossi tainted it by started all this conspiracy theory. It holds no merit or else Marques would not have won Phillip island. Same goes for Pedrosa winning the next round.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:07 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CFGT3
Stupid comment on your part given that your theory is that Rossi is the slowest of the 4 top riders, yet somehow managed to lead the championshiip all year.... what's that say about the other 3 riders??
Well hypothetically speaking this is possible if we are in a championship where Rossi would always be second and the other 3 riders would be first, each of them in 1 out of 3 races. In that case you can lead the championship, win it, but never have been the fastest guy out there.

A bit like how Nicky Hayden became world champion a couple of years ago, or better put, how Rossi lost the championship that same year.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:08 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

What Marquez did was indeed plain ridiculous that last race. At any other given point in time he would rather crash into someone than not try a pass to win, and here I just slept on his bike behind Lorenzo, only to wake up when Pedrosa tried to pass.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:17 AM
KWP1911
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 15 Posts

A great season just ended!

I wish that Marq hadn't been such a bonehead so many times during the season so that it had been a 3-way race instead of just the Yamahas.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:54 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
What Marquez did was indeed plain ridiculous that last race. At any other given point in time he would rather crash into someone than not try a pass to win, and here I just slept on his bike behind Lorenzo, only to wake up when Pedrosa tried to pass.
Guess itts water under the bridge now, but while I haven't rewatched it, at the time it looked like Pedrosa had the speed to pass them both until MM as you say, woke up. If Pedrosa won with Lozenzo second and Marquez third, how would the season have ended points-wise?
Old 11-11-2015, 01:24 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ritter v4.0
Guess itts water under the bridge now, but while I haven't rewatched it, at the time it looked like Pedrosa had the speed to pass them both until MM as you say, woke up. If Pedrosa won with Lozenzo second and Marquez third, how would the season have ended points-wise?
Petroza did have the speed to pass them both as Lorenzo's tires were shot and his pace dropped 2 sec per lap. Ironic how Marquez' pace dropped by the same amount at the exact same time too.... But no move to pass... For 30 laps...

I believe Lorenzo still would have won the title if he had come in 2nd because the points would have been tied but Lorenzo had 6 gp wins and Rossi 4 so that's the tie breaker
Old 11-11-2015, 06:16 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

For Rossi to become WC Honda had to be 1-2 since he was 4th
Old 12-29-2015, 07:28 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Like I have said before, Marquez didn't bring some new fangled riding style to MotoGP. He copied Pedrosa but is able to do it better.

From the horse's mouth:

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/new...arquez-665168/

Quick Reply: F1 versus Moto GP