Sponsored by:

Design the Best Balaclava

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 07:41 AM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roger time for some photos and let us know where it is available at. A lot has happened since I saw you at Sebring in January.nThe season is here the time is now. TG start your engines
Old 04-05-2015, 10:56 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Originally Posted by linzman
I got to try out the TG Coolshirt and I was very impressed. The fit was nice and tight, the quality was outstanding, it was super comfortable, and it's an SFI rated long sleeve shirt. Perfect for a hot DE day by itself, or another SFI layer under a suit for racing or DE. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see what the "hooded" one will look like.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Was it in any way different from other cool suits you have worn? Is it tubes or bladder?

Pics? Very interested in this product.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:22 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 764 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Was it in any way different from other cool suits you have worn? Is it tubes or bladder?

Pics? Very interested in this product.
See post #32 in this thread.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:52 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
See post #32 in this thread.
...a little embarrassed here.
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the other prototype. I used it at Road Atlanta for the SCCA Majors weekend. By used it, I mean I wore it. We were cool and rainy most of the time and i never needed the cold.

I had it next to multiple different mfrs that weekend. I had the cool shirt, Momo and a FAST shirt side by side.

The traqgear was the softest of the group. Part of that may be the brand new aspect of it, but I had no problem wearing it all day, even to lunch. I did so mainly to see how it felt. The fabric breathed well, I never felt too hot wearing it all day. If I don't have cool shirt I usually wear a CarbonX Tshirt and this was more breathable and more comfortable.

The tubing like the others was not noticeable or in the way. Length was good for attachment to the system in the car.

Unlike other nomex items I have, it retained it's shape throughout the weekend. All my other nomex underwear gets stretched out and baggy throughout a weekend. This did a great job at staying nice and tight.

The shirt also got a wash test with all the gear I have. Molecule wash. Did just fine. No fabric balling up, etc.

Definitely a nice shirt. I'll try and get a back to back test of cooling at VIR in a couple weeks with it an the Momo bladder shirt. Although I am not a fan of the Momo shirt because it is not fire retardant and actually would be very melty from what I gather.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:01 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Was it in any way different from other cool suits you have worn? Is it tubes or bladder? Pics? Very interested in this product.
I have previously worn cotton t-shirt cool shirts. This was a long sleeve shirt more like the sports compression shirts out there (although not flammable) so it fit tighter, therefore keeping the tubes closer. It didn't get looser as the day went on. More contact = more cooling. I have never worn a bladder shirt, the ability of the shirt to melt always turned me off. I liked the long sleeves, as I could wear it on DE days where I wasn't going to wear the race suit. Just fit well, and was comfortable. I could walk around with it in the paddock all day long. As far as the tubes go, not sure they're different than others, but the in development hood is supposed to have flat tubing to fit the helmet. Maybe Roger can chip in more.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 04-06-2015, 03:20 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, thanks so much guys!! I'm truly humbled by the response we've received here and everywhere else. There is nothing like working so hard on something you're so passionate about and seeing it come to life. This COOLSHIRT collaboration has been been fantastic so far. We're even working together on a NASCAR deal. Keep an eye on BK Racing. We're also working together with PCA and the West Coast Series that is getting leaked as I write this.

Thanks again for the feedback! You guys rock. In the next 90 days, TraqGear will have several new ideas and products to keep us cooler and help us win! By then, both COOLSHIRT models will be available and produced and a few others we've worked on for the past couple of months. Expected timeline:
June 1st - Eurofit shirts, bottoms and boxers
June 15 - Race Pro COOLSHIRT with Eurofit Technology
July 1 - Podium COOLSHIRT
More to come

As always, I'm grateful guys. The people here on RL have been instrumental in the design of a better product.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 05-11-2015, 02:09 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

I've now used the traqgear shirts in three race weekends and several DE events. Both the DE shirt and race shirt are comfortable and do a great job of wicking the moisture away. I couldn't be more happy with the shirts.

I saw someone wearing the new coolshirt at the MMC race this past week. The gentlemen (neglected to ask his name) said that it was really comfortable and performed just like a coolshirt should. It is basically the DE shirt with the water piping added to it. Looked really good. Currently I was wearing the race shirt under my MOMO coolshirt. I just ordered the new coolshirt so I am glad that I can now do away with that annoyance!

Caught a 10% off special which I believe will be expiring soon so get them while they are hot (or cold!). No affiliation other than I think it is a great product and we need to support small business and one of our own!
Old 05-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

Yes. Roger makes a great product and is a great guy! Why I am happy we are stocking TraqGear at OG Racing. His shirts do very well at our track store at Summit Point.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:11 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I've now used the traqgear shirts in three race weekends and several DE events. Both the DE shirt and race shirt are comfortable and do a great job of wicking the moisture away. I couldn't be more happy with the shirts.

I saw someone wearing the new coolshirt at the MMC race this past week. The gentlemen (neglected to ask his name) said that it was really comfortable and performed just like a coolshirt should. It is basically the DE shirt with the water piping added to it. Looked really good. Currently I was wearing the race shirt under my MOMO coolshirt. I just ordered the new coolshirt so I am glad that I can now do away with that annoyance!

Caught a 10% off special which I believe will be expiring soon so get them while they are hot (or cold!). No affiliation other than I think it is a great product and we need to support small business and one of our own!
Originally Posted by Carrera51
Yes. Roger makes a great product and is a great guy! Why I am happy we are stocking TraqGear at OG Racing. His shirts do very well at our track store at Summit Point.
Thanks guys! These will sell out quick! Mark and the gang at OG have been VERY good to us and they are our top dealer. You might can get some discount love on a pre-order with a PM to Mark. But that's up to Mark. Just a limited run on these and they'll start shipping to OG this week.

I've had some guys wear the protoypes and comment here on RL. I've worn mine no less than 20 times and 3 washes. Looks and smells brand new. It pulls condensation and sweat away from the body very effectively and it dries quickly. So far, my favorite shirt for cooling and I have protos for every model imaginable.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:23 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

I saw someone wearing the new coolshirt at the MMC race this past week. The gentlemen (neglected to ask his name) said that it was really comfortable and performed just like a coolshirt should.
That was me. Nice to meet you. I've commented before that the shirt was awesome. It has some elasticity, so it fits much tighter than my old "cotton" cool-shirts, and thus had better cooling. And after 2 washes, like new. I've also worn the non-cooling shirt, and that was great under my suit in 40 degree temps. Perfect for those days you don't need or want to hook up the whole cooler system.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:40 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by linzman
That was me. Nice to meet you. I've commented before that the shirt was awesome. It has some elasticity, so it fits much tighter than my old "cotton" cool-shirts, and thus had better cooling. And after 2 washes, like new. I've also worn the non-cooling shirt, and that was great under my suit in 40 degree temps. Perfect for those days you don't need or want to hook up the whole cooler system.
Nice to meet you as well and thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts about the shirt. I ordered one up and I am supposed to have it before the WGI race.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:17 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Guys, it will be May 27 before we finish this first run on the Podium LCG. I wanted specific patterns for the tubing on this shirt, so we ended up having to make a laser pattern for it. I'm truly sorry for the delay. It seems like it takes forever to get my products out to the market and that has been very difficult. But, I won't settle or compromise on anything. It has to be our best every time. Please let me know if this will inconvenience anyone. I will refund the money on the preorder, no questions asked. This is the tube design.
Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2015, 01:27 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Guys, it will be May 27 before we finish this first run on the Podium LCG. I wanted specific patterns for the tubing on this shirt, so we ended up having to make a laser pattern for it. I'm truly sorry for the delay. It seems like it takes forever to get my products out to the market and that has been very difficult. But, I won't settle or compromise on anything. It has to be our best every time. Please let me know if this will inconvenience anyone. I will refund the money on the preorder, no questions asked. This is the tube design.
How about custom versions where you can have a track map as part of the design?

Just kidding - but lets make sure to get these shirts out there! I'm not nearly as handsome to the umbrella girls when I am sweating like a pig.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:27 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 531 Likes on 284 Posts

Hey Roger,
So what ever happened to the initial topic of this thread....balaclava???

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Quick Reply: Design the Best Balaclava