Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIM USB driver software install problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014 | 06:32 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Default AIM USB driver software install problem

I am putting Race Studio 2 on my puter and the USB driver says it is not compatible and will not allow me to install it...any suggestions?
Old 12-21-2014 | 07:33 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Brant, what Windoze version? What RS2 version?

I'd like you to try uninstalling any existing RS2 software by going here: Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

Then, please install RS3 (yes, it has RS2 and the driver package in it).
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-22-2014 | 08:01 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Brant

If you are not running Win 8, you might try the old USB 471 fix. Go to http://aim-sportline.com/eng/downloa...ion_oldies.htm at the bottom of the page you can download the 471.exe file version 1.00. That might get you going
Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2014 | 01:59 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys! Running Windows 7 and the latest RS2 ..So we now use RS3 even with the older MXL dashboards, was not aware of that one ! Thanks for the tips! Will try it again later tonight.
Old 12-22-2014 | 02:21 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Brant, did not mean to confuse. Race Studio 3 download has everything included in it, the latest releases.

RaceStudio 2, Race Studio Analysis, SmartyManager 2, GPS Manager and RaceStudio 3 (only for use with the MXL2/MXG/MXS) are all included in the download.

For ANY legacy device (EVO3, EVO4, MXL, Solo, Solo DL), you will continue to open the RS2 shortcut icon placed on your desktop by the new install to configure your device and download data.

You would only select the RS3 shortcut on your desktop if you had one of the new dashes that you were configuring or downloading data from. It accommodates the new language and file structure of the new dashes.

This suggestion is merely to get the latest, most complete package of components needed for a fresh or updated install.

If you continue to have trouble, call Cameron at the Roanoke office or Josh at the Lake Elsinore office, and they can set up a remote client TeamViewer session with you on the phone and your computer connected to the internet to figure out what is going on. I'm sure it's a Windows issue, though.

Let us know.

Quick Reply: AIM USB driver software install problem