Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Isaac Helmet restraint system

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003 | 05:49 PM
Larry Weinstein
Instructor

Default Isaac Helmet restraint system

Selling a new Isaac Helmet restraint system. Just bought it but planning to drop out of racing for a while. This set was a demo for a weekend (looks new and packaged as new) and comes with the upgraded pins shown on the website.

http://www.isaacdirect.com/

First $550 takes it.

Contact me directly at robinlarry@aol.com
Old 08-21-2003 | 06:30 PM
Mark in Denver
Instructor

I'll take it. I sent you an email

Mark
Old 08-21-2003 | 06:46 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

DANG! Just a few minutes too late.
Old 08-21-2003 | 09:34 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

As a sidenote, if anyone's looking to see one up close and personal, I will have mine at Waterford Hills (Clarkston, MI) this weekend, and at Beaverun for the Sprint Races and 100mi Enduro over Labor Day weekend (NASA event).
Old 08-21-2003 | 10:09 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

That's a good deal.
Old 08-21-2003 | 10:14 PM
Larry Weinstein
Instructor

Isaac system's gone. I still have some items on Ebay if anyone's interested.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sort=3&rows=50
Old 08-24-2003 | 04:48 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Mark in Denver
I'll take it. I sent you an email

Mark
Mark,

Congratulations on your purchase. Jack is right, that's a good deal.

Send us your contact info so we can keep you updated on product news.

Larry,

Sorry to hear that you won't be racing for a while. Contact us when you get back on the track. I'm sure we'll have some more demos available.

Gregg
Isaac, LLC
gbaker@isaacdirect.com
Old 08-25-2003 | 11:17 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Correction; I won't be out at Beaverun. I tested my ISAAC the hard way yesterday. Backed my car into the back straight wall (after the tires - straight into bare guardrail) at Waterford Hills coming out of Big Bend - where all the big bad crashes happen. Took the impact in the right rear quarter (came out of the right-hander sideways, then it grabbed and snapped around the other way, went in backwards). Went in fast, maybe 60-70mph), but reasonably flat angle, no more than 45degrees to the wall.

Main impact was apparently sideways; my helmet was cracked hitting the petty bar. I'm getting rid of that bar; it's more of a safety risk (something to hit as well as a rear-view obstruction) than a benefit. However, and of course it's impossible to say how much of this was just good luck and a good angle of impact, and how much was the ISAAC, but today, the day after, I have nothing worse than a slight headache and some bruising under my right arm where the Kirkey seat held me in place. Boy am I glad I had the smallest seat I could fit into, but I'm even more glad that I was wearing my ISAAC!

And hey, I'm glad I was driving a Porsche! Wonderfully safe, well-designed car! The car would've been able to race the next race with maybe a new wheel and trailing arm, if the driver were up to it. Well, that and a new motor - it was blown before I hit. But that's another story...
Old 08-25-2003 | 11:37 AM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 924RACR
Correction; I won't be out at Beaverun. I tested my ISAAC the hard way yesterday. Backed my car into the back straight wall (after the tires - straight into bare guardrail) at Waterford Hills coming out of Big Bend - where all the big bad crashes happen. Took the impact in the right rear quarter (came out of the right-hander sideways, then it grabbed and snapped around the other way, went in backwards). Went in fast, maybe 60-70mph), but reasonably flat angle, no more than 45degrees to the wall.

Main impact was apparently sideways; my helmet was cracked hitting the petty bar. I'm getting rid of that bar; it's more of a safety risk (something to hit as well as a rear-view obstruction) than a benefit. However, and of course it's impossible to say how much of this was just good luck and a good angle of impact, and how much was the ISAAC, but today, the day after, I have nothing worse than a slight headache and some bruising under my right arm where the Kirkey seat held me in place. Boy am I glad I had the smallest seat I could fit into, but I'm even more glad that I was wearing my ISAAC!

And hey, I'm glad I was driving a Porsche! Wonderfully safe, well-designed car! The car would've been able to race the next race with maybe a new wheel and trailing arm, if the driver were up to it. Well, that and a new motor - it was blown before I hit. But that's another story...
Vaughn,

Sorry to hear you bent your car, but I'm pleased to learn you are okay.

We'd like to know more about your crash. Once this spam virus gets cleared up I'll send you an e-mail.

I do have one question: Could you feel the ISAAC system's dampers working? I ask because our computer simulations are telling us the driver gets some protection in lateral impacts.

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2003 | 11:59 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

They could well have; I can't say for sure, as I don't remember much. I could've blacked out briefly, I need to get more info from the cornerworkers. The two who responded are good friends, one a former neighbor, will go through the details with him, find out if I was blacked out. I don't remember, but then, who does, eh?

I did hit my helmet as indicated, on a bar to my right (slid the right side of the car into the guardrail). I should also mention that I received a full bill of health after eval at the local hospital, was released without concerns. I'm planning to take it easy for the rest of the week (though I'm already putting a helmet on, will be doing track work for the rest of the week - work sucks sometimes!).

So it's certainly the type of hit to get benefit from the ISAAC in a lateral sense.
Old 08-25-2003 | 01:37 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Vaugh,

Got it.

Send us your ISAAC system (we'll give you a new one) so we can check it out.

We don't do this as a matter of company policy, but we are very interested in taking a look at it.

Last edited by gbaker; 08-25-2003 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-25-2003 | 09:33 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Will do!
Old 08-27-2003 | 02:42 AM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Gbaker,

Maybe the powers that be at Isaac could sell renlist readers Isaac intermediates for the basic price. I would buy one right now. Anyone else?
Old 08-27-2003 | 11:57 AM
Adam Richman
Pro

Vaughn, glad you got a clean bill of health from the hospital and glad you had on the Isaac. Hope the headache has subsided by now and the bruising has gone down. Out of curiostiy, did the seat give way at all on the right side? It was something I was concerned about myself with the aluminum seat (how it holds you in by the ribcage seemingly vs. the shoulders). Also, how far away was your Petty bar where the helmet made contact? I never really thought mine was hittable but reading this has me taking pause. Thanks for any information and again, glad you are well.
Old 08-27-2003 | 03:15 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks! No, I did not see any bending of the Al seat. I have no bruising. Headache's kinda hard to tell; I've been in meetings and in-car evaluations with a customer for the past 2 days, all guaranteed to generate a headache anyway. Seems like I'm back to normal, though! LOL

Petty bar was about 1-1.5' away from the seating position.

Quick Reply: Isaac Helmet restraint system