Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 01:57 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A BIG Thank You to RLers!!!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, just wanted to say thank you to the people here at rennlist and admin alike. You guys might not be aware of it, but several years ago I posted an idea for a shirt that would be light, safe and good for DE's. I had lots of responses both on the posts and on PM. Those ideas have morphed into a little company that is now up and running. THIS forum guys is the absolute best for racing and Pcars. I've received so many good ideas for my cars, selling/buying cars, racing and now these shirts from you guys...just wanted to say I'm grateful!

It's all about the people here...a plethura of knowledge, talent and the willingness to share it. THANK YOU AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 11-26-2014, 02:09 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,327 Likes on 1,890 Posts

+1,000,000!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-26-2014, 02:12 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
+1,000,000!
Guys like Peter and Dave...always willing to help!! (and Lord knows I need help)
Old 11-26-2014, 02:30 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

How did I miss this, two shirts ordered, underarmor no more. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 111 Posts

Congrats.

I used the link in your signature line and visited the web site.

I see there is no direct and immediate indication of intended use for the garments. It is implied, but not directly stated up front. This may be an opportunity for improvement in future versions/updates on the web site (I am a marketing/biz dev professional).

From what I can see so far, I'd expect lots of customers (including quite possibly yours truly). Very cool to see some alternatives to what is out there already.

It might make business sense to also consider strategies for applications in occupational industries outside of racing.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:34 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by consolidated
How did I miss this, two shirts ordered, underarmor no more. Thanks!
Hey thank you!! Can't really sell here..not a sponsor, yet...but working on it. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-26-2014, 02:40 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mahler9th
Congrats.

I used the link in your signature line and visited the web site.

I see there is no direct and immediate indication of intended use for the garments. It is implied, but not directly stated up front. This may be an opportunity for improvement in future versions/updates on the web site (I am a marketing/biz dev professional).

From what I can see so far, I'd expect lots of customers (including quite possibly yours truly). Very cool to see some alternatives to what is out there already.

It might make business sense to also consider strategies for applications in occupational industries outside of racing.
Thanks for your feedback! Got a long way to go still. Will be at PRI in a couple weeks as well. But, yes, I truly appreciate the marketing guidance!

So far we've received rave reviews on the products and that makes it worth it all.

Many ideas and direction came from right here on RL!! Very cool!!
Old 11-26-2014, 04:17 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice touch, Roger. RL is full of helpful people.
I'd like to see what you are offering when you are ready.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:27 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
Nice touch, Roger. RL is full of helpful people.
I'd like to see what you are offering when you are ready.
Thanks Rick! It's ready to rock now! Just extending gratitude where it is due. I really don't know any other forum that works like RL. It's the only one I frequent with any regularity.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:33 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 754 Likes on 373 Posts

Hey Roger,
You add a lot to this forum too, so THANK YOU for everything YOU do!!

Mahler9th is right - your home page shoudl be who you are/what you do/what your product is for. Can be very simple "Traqgear - SFI rated garments for Racing that keep you cool and dry" (or something like that) with random pictures of your products/customer testemonials/etc. Then a "Learn More' button or something that brings you to where your current landing page is....or something like that. Point is - your landing page should make it VERY obvious what Traqgear is,

Go to websites of your competitors, other garment companies, other racing accessory companies, etc. See what their landing page tells you. Steal the good ideas (everyone does) Example: Go to Bell Helmets site (www.bellracing.com) What's the first thing you see? Logo and a picture with the words "Serious Head Protection"...that says it all!!

anyway...to your point, RL is a GREAT resource to find ideas, learn so much about our cars, our entertainment, and hopefully for you as others...build your business!!

Happy Thanksgiving! And I will be getting some of your shirts for Christmas

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 11-26-2014, 05:41 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by naroescape
Hey Roger,
You add a lot to this forum too, so THANK YOU for everything YOU do!!

Mahler9th is right - your home page shoudl be who you are/what you do/what your product is for. Can be very simple "Traqgear - SFI rated garments for Racing that keep you cool and dry" (or something like that) with random pictures of your products/customer testemonials/etc. Then a "Learn More' button or something that brings you to where your current landing page is....or something like that. Point is - your landing page should make it VERY obvious what Traqgear is,

Go to websites of your competitors, other garment companies, other racing accessory companies, etc. See what their landing page tells you. Steal the good ideas (everyone does) Example: Go to Bell Helmets site (www.bellracing.com) What's the first thing you see? Logo and a picture with the words "Serious Head Protection"...that says it all!!

anyway...to your point, RL is a GREAT resource to find ideas, learn so much about our cars, our entertainment, and hopefully for you as others...build your business!!

Happy Thanksgiving! And I will be getting some of your shirts for Christmas
Thanks Bob! Yep, your guys are right. Anyone should be able to go to the site and within a few seconds determine what we do. "The Lightest Most Breathable Certified Fire Retardant Clothing on the Planet!" How's that? Too many words? That's the premise in a nutshell.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:57 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 276 Posts

Awesome Roger! I will be a customer.

Couple of website thought:

* is there a difference between the podium and race pro shirt other than style? Is the fabric/weight different? The price difference seems to imply that the race pro shirt is different and better somehow, but it's not explained. I would recommend something to clarify that point.

* add a sizing chart

When will the boxers be available?
Old 11-26-2014, 07:37 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jakermc
Awesome Roger! I will be a customer.

Couple of website thought:

* is there a difference between the podium and race pro shirt other than style? Is the fabric/weight different? The price difference seems to imply that the race pro shirt is different and better somehow, but it's not explained. I would recommend something to clarify that point.

* add a sizing chart

When will the boxers be available?
Thanks Rob! And thanks for the insight!

The Podium is HPDE focused. It's a high quality FR Cotton with a Pointelle Mesh gusset under the arms for added cooling. It never replaces the safety of a driver's suit, but certainly replaces regular cotton and polyester usually worn (and yes I was guilty) during a DE. I never realized how flammable regular clothes are until I started this venture. The design is like no other out there and can be worn all day and out to dinner with the guys afterwards. I like it especially when I'm instructing a DE and I don't want to put on a suit. It is very light weight at 5.5 ounces per square yard and can certainly be worn under the suit at that weight.

The SL or SuperLite models are made from a natural fiber as well, viscose. That's one reason that a fabric like this can feel and perform like athletic gear without the melt or drip. It's even lighter than the Podium, at 4.5 oz psy. For me, it's a must when I'm not wearing a cool shirt (guess what's coming next ) and want to be as cool as possible and be protected. It is an amazing shirt. It is simply the lightest, most comfortable and most breathable SFI 3.3 shirt on the market.

All products are antimicrobial and moisture wicking. Spent over 2 years just in R&D phase!

That's a mouthful! Wish I knew how to boil some of that down...but it's a bit of educational marketing project. Sizing chart is on the way...all of the shirts lean toward an atheltic cut. I spent 2 months just on the sizing itself.

Almost all of the info is either in the videos, the Fabric page or on the FAQ page. Still trying to figure how to make it all flow easily.

Boxers and long pants are ready for production! Super comofortable. Should begin production after the 1st of the year...everyone is slowing down and getting ready for the holidays.

Probably WAY too much info! Ha! I'm passionate about the biz.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:59 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 176 Posts

I assume that this counts as "underwear" required by PCA if wearing a single layer suit?
Old 11-26-2014, 08:21 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sbelles
I assume that this counts as "underwear" required by PCA if wearing a single layer suit?
Yes sir, it absolutley does. Both long sleeve models will meet that requirement and both carry SFI 3.3 certification.

Quick Reply: A BIG Thank You to RLers!!!