Rennlist Member

Received 1,700 Likes on 879 Posts

+1 Roger !!!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:11 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Thanks Rob! And thanks for the insight! The Podium is HPDE focused. It's a high quality FR Cotton with a Pointelle Mesh gusset under the arms for added cooling. It never replaces the safety of a driver's suit, but certainly replaces regular cotton and polyester usually worn (and yes I was guilty) during a DE. I never realized how flammable regular clothes are until I started this venture. The design is like no other out there and can be worn all day and out to dinner with the guys afterwards. I like it especially when I'm instructing a DE and I don't want to put on a suit. It is very light weight at 5.5 ounces per square yard and can certainly be worn under the suit at that weight. The SL or SuperLite models are made from a natural fiber as well, viscose. That's one reason that a fabric like this can feel and perform like athletic gear without the melt or drip. It's even lighter than the Podium, at 4.5 oz psy. For me, it's a must when I'm not wearing a cool shirt (guess what's coming next ) and want to be as cool as possible and be protected. It is an amazing shirt. It is simply the lightest, most comfortable and most breathable SFI 3.3 shirt on the market. All products are antimicrobial and moisture wicking. Spent over 2 years just in R&D phase! That's a mouthful! Wish I knew how to boil some of that down...but it's a bit of educational marketing project. Sizing chart is on the way...all of the shirts lean toward an atheltic cut. I spent 2 months just on the sizing itself. Almost all of the info is either in the videos, the Fabric page or on the FAQ page. Still trying to figure how to make it all flow easily. Boxers and long pants are ready for production! Super comofortable. Should begin production after the 1st of the year...everyone is slowing down and getting ready for the holidays. Probably WAY too much info! Ha! I'm passionate about the biz.
Not too much info, this is exactly what should be explained when someone clicks on each shirt.

When do you think the cool shirts will be ready? I will immediately dump my flammable 986 shirts for yours.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,700 Likes on 879 Posts

FYI: Roger sent me early versions of his long sleeve & short sleeve shirts a while back. I have been very happy with both...very comfortable, wick away persipration well, and much more sensible that Underarmor-style synthetics.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:14 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
Not too much info, this is exactly what should be explained when someone clicks on each shirt.

When do you think the cool shirts will be ready? I will immediately dump my flammable 986 shirts for yours.
Thanks! I will def add to the description. I'm hoping mid to late spring for the cooling shirt version..partnership to be announced soon. Used the protoype at Daytona recently at the PCA race. Granted it wasn't that hot, I had to constantly turn the shirt off as it got really cold! One afternoon stint I left it on too long and my chest and back were bright red from the cold after removing the shirt. It works really good and is safe. The breathability of the fabric allows maximum cold transfer to the skin while also protecting the skin from the plastic bladders in case of fire. It's a perfect combo.
Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
FYI: Roger sent me early versions of his long sleeve & short sleeve shirts a while back. I have been very happy with both...very comfortable, wick away persipration well, and much more sensible that Underarmor-style synthetics.
Thanks Dave!! Glad you liked them and I appreciate your feedback!!
Final production was actually even lighter for all models and fit and finish way better.

I just think it's really cool that the original idea was shaped right here on RL. A testament of this forum and the people here like you guys. The Wisdom of the Crowds in practical form. And you guys are still helping! Humbled and very grateful.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 11-27-2014, 10:29 AM
tedean
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered one! Nice website

What a great group of folks!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:34 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tedean
Just ordered one! Nice website

What a great group of folks!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
THANK YOU!!
Old 11-28-2014, 01:27 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 783 Posts

Roger, great thread.
I'm going to need a long sleeve for the hot months :-)
Old 11-28-2014, 03:44 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Roger, great thread.
I'm going to need a long sleeve for the hot months :-)
Thanks Peter!!
Old 11-29-2014, 11:07 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 176 Posts

Please let us know when the pants are ready.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:34 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sbelles
Please let us know when the pants are ready.
Will do..thank you!
Old 12-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,006 Likes on 601 Posts

I wanted to give Roger a shout out. I checked his shirts out at PRI and they are really first class! The materials are very nice, the fit and finish are great, and he is very passionate about putting out a great product.

For anyone who has any doubt if these are the real deal - they are! If you question how important this type of gear is, check this article out from http://www.performanceracing.com/blo...onference-wrap

The audience saw video of Ebberts’ refueling-stop fire during last November’s Baja 1000 off-road race that left him with second- and third-degree burns on his hands and face and crew member Dan Caufiel with burns over 28 percent of his body.

As part of Trammell’s presentation about maximizing fire protection and heat stress control, Ebberts then drove home the necessity of wearing the most fire-resistant and breathable clothing available.

“When you hear racers saying the suits are too hot, send them to me,” Ebberts said. “I will explain to them how a fire is hot. When you hear them saying protective underwear is itchy, send them to me, and I will tell them how itchy it is when your burns start healing!”

Trammell warned of the dangers of heat exhaustion on drivers and how proper racing undergarments can reduce that stress on the body. He said a recent US Army study clearly showed that “soldiers equipped with proper heat-reducing undergarments under their uniforms were able to continue their activities far longer and with more concentration than those who wore just their uniforms.”
Old 12-16-2014, 11:57 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I wanted to give Roger a shout out. I checked his shirts out at PRI and they are really first class! The materials are very nice, the fit and finish are great, and he is very passionate about putting out a great product.

For anyone who has any doubt if these are the real deal - they are! If you question how important this type of gear is, check this article out from http://www.performanceracing.com/blo...onference-wrap
Matt! Thanks so much and it was great to meet you in person at the show! You're very kind and knowledgable about the sport and safety and your passion shows as well.

We were simply humbled by the response we got at PRI from many different organizations, individuals and sanctioning bodies. It was really cool seeing the passion of racing in everything from Dirt Track to NASCAR...even had some youths and Dad's visit us.

Just to give an update, I've added better product descriptions on the website, as some of you guys suggested here. I still need to do a little homepage organization...just been swamped with PRI and the biz itself.

I reached out again to internet brands to become a sponsor for RL. However, he didn't recall our contact early in the year and thus couldn't honor the pricing he gave us. No way I can afford what he quoted me at this time. No biggie..it was really just to do some discounting for RLers on the watches and products. I can run those on FB though if you guys want to check it out. Really wanted to do little "giveback" here though. I feel like we are a family here.

Thanks again Matt! Merry Christmas everyone! Let's have a blast this year and a successful race season. Looking forward to Sebring!

Quick Reply: A BIG Thank You to RLers!!!