Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Racing a 993RSCS

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 12:37 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey Mitch, didn't know that was you. Hope you and your father are doing well.

The Cup that I am tselling has much of the EURO Cup stuff, including the factory cage. The car could be raced in "D" class with interior reinstalled and changing the mass flow back to stock. I would think this car would be a great Cup Racer because it was set up by Kevin Jeanette, Gunnar Racing.

Kevin had set this car up to run the 24hours of Daytona back in 1993, but the car never made it to the track. The owner wants to race, but can't make the time committment.

Be very careful of buying Euro cars, unless you fly over there to see them. I have heard horror stories of what was represented and what you actually bought. Although there are reputable sellers, be careful.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:18 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I appreciate your advice on the euro cars, and it is right on. I know its a risky prposition, but I will be studying abroad in eruope til christmas so I could take a look at some things. However, it may be a bit over zealous and cars in the states are certainly easier. I really like the 993RSCS... any thoughts on D vs C?

You have my attention now with the US cup car you're selling. What are some of the things Gunnar had completed? Suspension still as delivered? Would this car have the euro motor? You may wish to e-mail me at MJReading@comcast.net and Mitchell.Reading@longandfoster.com

I understand we may see you all twice next year... Sebring and the Rennsport at Daytona. Dad is booking hotels this week. Rennsport is not to be missed! How do you feel about Daytona? We used to run the IMSA track up here around Pocono, which used 3/4 of the oval. It was pretty daunting in a car not set up for such speeds.

Thanks.
Mitch
Old 08-21-2003, 02:18 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All Euro Cup cars that were raced in the Carrera Cup series or Supercup will have prior body damage to some extent. If this is not for you then stay away. This does not mean the car is a horror story. Some of us would prefer a car with a rich European race history and are willing to deal with the fact that the car has been repainted and has a new panel or two. If you ever saw a real Carrera Cup or Supercup race you will see that these cars rub and bump against eachother in every turn. Only the backmarker who raced only one or two races will not have a scratch, and this is very rare.

Quick Reply: Club Racing a 993RSCS