Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monticello Motor Club back on the PCA Club Race Calendar for 2015 (May 8-9)!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 10:21 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Originally Posted by mmuller
Shoulder. I week of driving at Sebring doing only 30-40 minute stints and it took 4 weeks for it to work again properly. That tells me I still can't do an Enduro even if I wanted to.

Good for the SPB field, bad for me.
If you spin on the fourth lap of an enduro, and your car fails to refire, it really shortens your race. That is the strategy I employed at Sebring.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:09 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

I guess I don't see it this way. The corners are not butt clenching enough and the track has no flow to it. The elevation change feels artificial when you drive it. I quite like inconsistent track surface as it adds a layer of complexity and 'character' to a track so the surface doesn't interest me. The low speed complex's are odd and not really 'technically challenging' and upset's the flow of the track overall. I prefer tracks with scary aspects to them (the esses at RA, the uphill at LRP, turn 1 at Mosport for example) that require more than a good line and car control. These tracks require you to push yourself to accept that unless you scare yourself there, your not going fast enough. I have driven MMC on 2 separate occasions so know what I would be getting into there.

If it was cheaper because I am not paying for food I don't want to eat, I would make the effort to be there, which also means me missing the opportunity to do the Test and Tune. Not my ideal scenario, but I would do it if it wasn't structured the way it is. I am not hating on it, and hope everybody has a great time, it's just not for me.

Originally Posted by ninjabones
hmmm... i'm not following that logic. Pristine track surface, 18 turns, elevation changes, high speed butt clenchers, low speed complex combinations, lots of overtaking opportunities...

Old 03-05-2015, 08:11 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

We had a variable grip surface last year after the track got oiled in the rain. That was fun actually.

I agree that it's neither very technical nor very scary but it's a pretty good track for racing even though it wasn't really designed for it.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:46 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I have my favorite tracks for sure but have never been on a track I have disliked. Racing is racing and the competition is what makes it great not the track. The track is always an equal playing field.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:12 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good hands
I have my favorite tracks for sure but have never been on a track I have disliked. Racing is racing and the competition is what makes it great not the track. The track is always an equal playing field.
This.

Thompson, which opened last year in CT, is never going to be my favorite track. But I still have a fun time going to it.

Monticello has some really cool features to it. A bunch of years ago there was a little more than a rumor that it was being considered as an F1 venue. Obviously they would have had to have made some changes but I think that fact speaks for itself.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:20 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mmuller
Shoulder. I week of driving at Sebring doing only 30-40 minute stints and it took 4 weeks for it to work again properly. That tells me I still can't do an Enduro even if I wanted to.

Good for the SPB field, bad for me.
Streak are you just going to let this go ?
Old 03-06-2015, 10:48 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
This.

Thompson, which opened last year in CT, is never going to be my favorite track. But I still have a fun time going to it.

Monticello has some really cool features to it. A bunch of years ago there was a little more than a rumor that it was being considered as an F1 venue. Obviously they would have had to have made some changes but I think that fact speaks for itself.

Totally agree. It's why I chose to buy a SPB and not a cup car. I just love the idea of level, tight racing where driver makes all the difference. This one just doesn't work me. I hope it's a blast for all that go.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:31 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Any e. Cars planning on going?.....
Old 03-18-2015, 10:39 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Der ABT

I'm in for this one. Is Charles planning on attending ?
Old 03-18-2015, 10:41 PM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

I will be there, u can race me
Old 03-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 182 Posts

I'll be there
Old 03-20-2015, 10:35 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Registration opens Monday evening (March 23, 2015) at 10:00 PM EST.

http://register.pca.org

A test day will be available on May 7, 2015 (registration must be made directly with MMC)

For more information on the event, schedule, hotels, and booking the test day, please visit the event web page:

http://tinyurl.com/rtrclubrace

Old 03-23-2015, 11:04 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 881 Likes on 542 Posts

Registration is open - I'm in.

Registration is slow - only 19 drivers in the first 4 min.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:14 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 182 Posts

I'm in!
Old 03-23-2015, 11:23 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

I'm in - looking forward to it.

I chose that I am "camping out" because I plan on bringing my trailer. Is that correct or do they mean that you are sleeping on the grounds?

$75 per person. I'll have to make sure to drink some "craft brews" on behalf of my 14 year old daughter.

Quick Reply: Monticello Motor Club back on the PCA Club Race Calendar for 2015 (May 8-9)!!!