Sponsored by:

Trailer Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool Trailer Stuff

Alrighty then!! ...I did it, made the "jump" from a flatbed to a 24' enclosed unit.

Now where do I put the damned thing!!??

Anyway, wondering if anyone knows of a good source to get the vinyl flooring that you see in a lot of them?? ...you know, the one that's black/white checkers??

I know I can go through a local trailer place, but figure someone could source this stuff CHEAP. I want to install new stuff on my own.

Also, where can I get that diamond plating in say 2' x 2' squares??
Old 08-18-2003, 11:22 AM
RWO
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I store mine at a local (3 miles from the house) storage place for $68 per month, no problems in 3 years.

You can get the checkers at Home Depot or Leows (sp?)... You could also get flooring from one of the car flooring guys like www.racedeck.com or www.kiwitile.com <I have Kiwi...

A buddy of mine had the diamond plate stuff put in his trailer. Claimed he only paid $300 for it. I don't know who did it...

Good luck.
Roy
Old 08-18-2003, 12:06 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Okay, nice stuff at Racedeck...feel I need to clarify though.

I want the roll of vinyl, one piece...same stuff that trailer places have installed in some enclosed car trailers. I had a friend do his trailer with the "checkers" from Lowe's and they are done one by one, okay if they stayed together! Now there's large gaps and some tiles are coming up.

With the one-piece linoleum style vinyl, this shouldn't happen as easily and then I want to put the diamond plating where the tires would go, and big pieces at that as my 911 C2 and Toyota WSR have different footprints.

Another friend just told me he does the storage place thing - $50 a month locally, will call and check that out.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2003, 04:36 PM
Mike A.
Instructor

Jeff,
Check out this site. They don't have pictures of floor panels, but they state that they do carry them.
www.lightningwings.com/trailer.html
I keep a 28' closed trailer at a local marina/boat yard. $360/year.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Hey, thanks for the link to some cool stuff!! Actually, that was my next question..."anybody know a company that sells that cool stainless/aluminum trailer gear that doesn't cost an arm and a leg??"

I didn't see any flooring, again, don't really want the panels or "snap-together" squares, just the linoleum style vinyl roll.

I will probably order a few "convenience items" from Lightningwings anyway...thanks for the link!

Mike, are you the one with the "scalded dog" graphic on the quarter panel of your 944?? ...if not, wrong guy.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:08 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 278 Posts

2x2 tiles installed correctly will not come up. Sounds like someone did not prepare the floor correctly before the installation. If they do come up or are damaged, its an advantage to rolled vinyl as all you have to do is put in a 2x2 patch. Armstrong's commercial vinyl tile is probably your best bet (Home Depot). Disclaimer: I work for Armstrong.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:31 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Jeff,
There is a guy that sells "pit pal" type stuff on Ebay. I bought some fuel jug holders from them, good quality stuff. I forget the name of the company but they had a ebay store. Check there and save some money vs. Pit Pal
Old 08-18-2003, 11:21 PM
Mike A.
Instructor

yeah, that's me Jeff. Atually, it's a dog tearing *** with it's tail on FIRE.
Here's another link for you.
Pit Pal Products - Get Organized 1-888-PIT-PALS
Enjoy.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Mike A.
Instructor

Sorry, too much vodka.
Try www.pitpal.com
Old 08-19-2003, 12:04 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Cool, I have the friend with the "other" Lime Green 944. ...half purple too!

He just WASTED at VIR, right in front of me, two weekends ago...what a shame, a TOTALLY "set up" 944 Cup Series car.

Thanks again for the links, keep 'em coming...I wanna "accessorize"!!

That's still a scalded dog. I LOVE that sticker!!
Old 08-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 152 Posts

Jeff:
I know that car. I am sorry to hear that the car was busted up. Hopefully it is fixable. He was at the Jefferson 500. Raced with him in the Eifel Sprint race in the rain. We had a good dice and swapped positions several times. My HP advantage was negated in the corners because I had to be very gentle with the throttle (Michelin SCs on a very wet track are not the ideal tire choice, but they were OK). Good, clean, close racing on both our parts, with no contact. His buddy with a purple 944 was behind us.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:29 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Yup, a shame for sure, the purple one (the Riddler) is still in good shape, I'm sure he'll have LOTS of spares for it now.

Okay, found a place to order the vinyl - GEESH, it's STILL expensive!! ~$300 for 20'.

Anyone know a good place to get the diamond plating?? ...I wanna "spruce up" the entrance and put plates where my tires will go...found a place online ( www.mcmaster.com )but can't verify if it's polished or satin, etc.

Thinking of getting an AC unit next Spring, any tips on where to look for one of those?? The trailer was basically setup to "live" in and I think I'm going to take advantage of that during a few events.

Other than that I'm going to concentrate on getting the front of the transom stripped and re-painted, the previous owner kept it in a damp area and it's all surface rusted.

Quick Reply: Trailer Stuff