Sponsored by:

Ims beware

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 12:59 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 174 Posts

Have you talked to Pedro about it and not gotten satisfaction? That doesn't sound like him.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:57 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by gr1275
I wonder if there is a flow re-stricter as part of the kit that may have been left out of the install. Perhaps even an overall low oil pressure issue resulting from internal wear or some other anomaly.
Or, could this be a viscosity related issue.

Just thinking...
Gary
If little oil good...lot of oil better!
Old 10-04-2014, 12:32 AM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like the same kit sold by Tuners Motorsport. Not sure who developed the kit though....
Old 10-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by amondc
I don't have an issue with the vendor. Yes it was Pedros Fix NOT the LN Solution.

I unhooked the oil feed line to the bearing and blocked it off. Restarted the motor and let it run. The lifter noise went away and the cam timing was back to normal. I can only speculate as to why it was doing this only on the one bank where the oil was being diverted to the ims bearing and not to the cams and lifters. I don't believe that taking oil from this point in the engine is a good idea, you can starve critical engine components and cause a failure. This is the first time I have seen Pedros fix so I have nothing to compare it to but I have installed many of the LN solutions and not had a single problem with any of them.
Amondc, isn't the issue (if i'm off please correct) with the original IMS that it is not lubricated with engine oil and that when the internal grease leaks out it fails? It seems to me that your plugging the oil feed line to a bearing that depends on that oil for lubrication you are lighting a fuse. No?

Just watched Pedros 2nd video, he needed to keep the outer race stationary for that to make any sense. All he is doing is spinning a wheel at high revolutions and of course it will throw the oil everywhere...

Quick Reply: Ims beware