Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Willow Springs Instructor

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003 | 09:50 PM
ER996
Advanced

Default Willow Springs Instructor

I'm planning on getting a group of about 8 friends/associates together who have Porsches and want to take them to Willow Springs. We have agreed that we will rent the track (regular Willow or the Streets of Willow) for a day. Since virtually all of these people have no track experience, we want to find a good instructor who will spend the day with us providing instruction regarding basic high performance driving skills and helping to test some the limits of the cars so everyone comes away with a better understanding of their own vehicles. And, of course, we all want a chance to tear around the track in our own porsches (with plenty of space between one another) with and without the instructor!

Can anyone recommend a school or good, qualified (and safe) instructor that might be able to be engaged for this sort of training day? We're thinking of doing this in late Sept. or early Oct.

Thanks - ER
Old 08-12-2003 | 10:51 PM
Howard
Racer

There are several very good instructors in the POC. Try posting on our site :

www.porscheownersclub.org This weekend we have a Driver's Ed event on Saturday at the Streets which covers car control, skid pad, walk the track, safety equipment, etc. On Sunday it's 4 or 5 sessions on the track with an instructor and you'll have a blast.
The entry form and information is also available on the web site. Hope you can make it, I'll be instructing both days. If you can make it I'll take you for a ride in my car at warp speed.....
Old 08-12-2003 | 11:00 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

It depends on whether you're looking for the classroom-skidpad-lecture thing, or just the usual drivers meeting talk with ride-along help. You might want to put together a group of guys to instruct, maybe half as many as you have attendees. The one-on-one stuff in the car usually sticks better than the abstract talk about apexes and braking points.

If you decide to bring in multiple instructors, send me an email at jackolsen@comcast.net . I've instructed at Willow and would be happy to help.
Old 08-12-2003 | 11:47 PM
JJG
Instructor

You should have a bevy (sp?) of instructors for in-car instruction. Email me privately and I will provide you with some San Diego instructor contacts.

jjgrow@aol.com
Old 08-13-2003 | 12:21 AM
Derrek Khajavi
Racer

If it works with our scedual I might be able to provide two instructors for the weekend. We would like to bring our cars as well if that is not a problem.
Old 08-14-2003 | 02:33 AM
Chris Campbell
Instructor

Hey Howard - I don't think we have met yet. What's your car #? I'll try to come over and say hi on Sunday. I'm in the orange V4 914-6 #214.

I'm definitely looking forward to a track "fix"...
Old 08-14-2003 | 03:51 AM
Hubert
Instructor

I've done big willow a number of times, and would gladly help.
Old 08-14-2003 | 09:55 AM
Untier
Racer

try www.opentrackracing.com
only $125 for 5.5 hrs of track time with instructors (free)
Old 08-14-2003 | 05:13 PM
johnfm
Drifting

Frank.....Frank....

Quick Reply: Willow Springs Instructor