Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sources for AiM Race Studio sample user profiles?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 04:04 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Sources for AiM Race Studio sample user profiles?

The AiM data analysis software, RaceStudio, allows users to set up User Profiles and save various settings (such as the type of data being viewed). These User Profiles can be exported and shared with others.
I have yet to find a source for sample (or actual) User Profiles.
Does anyone know of such a source? I'm especially interested in samples for new users.
Thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,001 Likes on 598 Posts

You will love them once you start using them. They allow you to save the screen look so whenever you want to look at a specific set of graphs, you can go back to it very quick.

I've attached one that I use all the time. I call it speeds. I have the GPS speed with wheel speeds, throttle position, brake pressures, and a GPS map colored with speed. I use this profile a lot because you can see people coasting, throttle application, brake application, slow/fast spots of the track, etc.

The next one I'm putting up is engine health. It's got oil temps, pressures, RPM, etc. To switch between the two, you just have to click the profile button. It makes things go really quick.

I have a number of others that I use based on cornering, suspension, shocks, brakes, split times, reports, etc. It really elevates using RS2 from clunking around to have a specific focus for your analysis.
Attached Images   
Old 06-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

If you are going to the 48Hrs this weekend, I'll help you set some up.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:28 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thank you, Matt - can you export this profile and post it (or email it to me)?
First place I looked was trailbrake.net.
Sorry, I won't be at the 48; have fun. I will be at Group 52 next week (Wednesday/Thursday), though.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It will export all of my profiles, which on this computer has a lot of info specific to some teams. I'll try and get on the other laptop tonight and get you a file. I can put it on Trailbrake.net to let people see it. They are really pretty easy to make.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:38 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
It will export all of my profiles, which on this computer has a lot of info specific to some teams. I'll try and get on the other laptop tonight and get you a file. I can put it on Trailbrake.net to let people see it. They are really pretty easy to make.
Just noticed that you are offering data consulting services, so please don't give away any secrets (unless you really want to).
I spoke with Roger about posting samples a while back and he thought it was a good idea. Might bring you some more traffic.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,119 Posts

Thank you for posting those examples. I've created several of these myself, and even being a newbie it is amazing what I've learned and improved on based on some of this data insight. AIM DL is a really great training tool.

Question: Do you have an example of a 'friction circle' or g-force map? I have created a couple but they just seem to be working quite right (or maybe I'm not looking at the data right... )
Old 06-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple of things... be careful with sharing Profiles. They basically store a 'view' and these views are stored by using computer specific information. So if the original creator of the Profile has different screen resolution or any other number of differences, the imported profile will not display correctly. I suggest to most not to import others Profiles for this reason but rather look at Matt's (or others examples) and just setup your screen like that and save your Profile. It will actually be easier and quicker than the import process once you try it out!

Spyerx, I have created a document on creating and using friction circles in Race Studio 2, drop me your email address via a PM and I will email it out to you right away. You will like it!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:42 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Caddell
Couple of things... be careful with sharing Profiles. They basically store a 'view' and these views are stored by using computer specific information. So if the original creator of the Profile has different screen resolution or any other number of differences, the imported profile will not display correctly. I suggest to most not to import others Profiles for this reason but rather look at Matt's (or others examples) and just setup your screen like that and save your Profile. It will actually be easier and quicker than the import process once you try it out!

Spyerx, I have created a document on creating and using friction circles in Race Studio 2, drop me your email address via a PM and I will email it out to you right away. You will like it!
Interesting; so is the Export function for Profiles mostly to be able to share with teammates and perhaps to move to another machine?
Old 06-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,119 Posts

PM Sent! Thx!
Old 06-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
Interesting; so is the Export function for Profiles mostly to be able to share with teammates and perhaps to move to another machine?
If the person you want to share a Profile with has the same computer, display, used the same channel names, and is wanting to see the data in the same way as you then exporting and sharing a user profile will be of good use.

I am going to work on a new LearnFast video about User Profiles, they are so quick and easy to 'save' and they are related so closely to your own personal data set and computer that I would never suggest that someone use the export/import function for User Profiles.

The way I explain when you should consider a User Profile, is if you find yourself looking at or expecting to look at your data in a certain way more often than not, create a User Profile to save that view. User Profiles are very personal.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is a GG diagram. There are more here http://www.trailbrake.net/2/post/201...g-diagram.html

Watch the range of the two axis. If they are not the same, they will create different looking graphs.
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2014, 08:23 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If the person you want to share a Profile with has the same computer, display, used the same channel names, and is wanting to see the data in the same way as you then exporting and sharing a user profile will be of good use.

I am going to work on a new LearnFast video about User Profiles, they are so quick and easy to 'save' and they are related so closely to your own personal data set and computer that I would never suggest that someone use the export/import function for User Profiles.

The way I explain when you should consider a User Profile, is if you find yourself looking at or expecting to look at your data in a certain more often than not, create a User Profile to save that view. User Profiles are very personal.
Looking forward to that video, Roger!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:59 PM
cetom
Instructor

FWIW after i spend some time setting up a profile or a series of profiles i will export it to some other place like a usb drive or even my desktop . then if i have an rs2 problem or a computer issue my profiles can be reloaded pretty easily. i know there are other ways to do it but at the track this gives me a pretty quick recovery mode if need be
Old 06-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Caddell
Instructor

I think this is probably the best use of the User Profile Import/Export functions.

Originally Posted by cetom
FWIW after i spend some time setting up a profile or a series of profiles i will export it to some other place like a usb drive or even my desktop . then if i have an rs2 problem or a computer issue my profiles can be reloaded pretty easily. i know there are other ways to do it but at the track this gives me a pretty quick recovery mode if need be

Quick Reply: Sources for AiM Race Studio sample user profiles?