Where to Get Racing Insurance??

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 04:25 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Good One!

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
So I should just drop all of my insurance? Drop it on my track car, perhaps my tow vehicle and trailer as well? Let me just write off $100k if I wreck everything driving to the track? I should stay home if I can't suck it up if I wreck my car on the track? Wow, those GT3 guys must be a bunch of pansies taking out insurance on their cars!

Perhaps you don't understand the concept of insurance. Its to manage a risk that you can't, or don't want to, assume on your own. But thanks for the least helpful response I have ever receive on RL.
Totally agree...insuring and risk transfer are personal choices. I have Lockton for my 2001 Carrera Stock H Car where it is covered everywhere agreed value $50,000 except the track. I am willing to take my chances on the track. If I had a Cup Car, I might consider insurance. I did have a friend who totaled his Cup Car at Roebling. He had insurance, paid the $10K DED, and they paid $90K to retub and rebuild. That was money well spent!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:39 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I thought Lockton had a racer package.
I've only done DEs and used Lockton. Had no claims. Per
Their website it does appear racing pkgs are available but I only looked superficially.
A
Old 12-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Ted in Rochester
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You might consider "pit and paddock" insurance. This covers everything other than on track. So, theft, trailing damage, fire in the garage, etc. is covered. I have this and pay about $400/year on $70,000 stated value coverage for a 2001 Cup.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:04 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,114 Likes on 1,841 Posts

I have the pit and paddock insurance. It is a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist

Quick Reply: Where to Get Racing Insurance??