Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to boost confidence in a new driver?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 05:59 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Horus2000
IMHO... when I'm finding that my lap times are going the wrong way or I'm just having a hard time getting to my personal best....the first thing I work on is vision. Seems simple and something we all take for granted but after running a few sessions where I'm concentrating on nothing but keeping my eyes way ahead, the speed naturally comes on. If she's not keeping her eyes up, then she might be holding herself back a bit. But in a lead follow, she has to keep her head up and follow your line, hence faster laps. Just my two cents.
This happens to me too. Once I realize I'm not driving well the first course of action is EYES UP!

-Mike
Old 04-04-2014, 06:33 PM
justaguy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys

Thanks for the advice. It's all in line with what I've been thinking I recommended she buy a traq mate but I will tell her to take a look at the systems you have suggested I will put my Traq mate in her car until she gets a timer of her own. When I tell people to look far ahead I'm not sure that people really grasp how far I mean. Lots of my Markers are not on the track not even on the track property. Trees, buildings, towers etc that could be a mile or two away from the track.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:17 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by justaguy
Guys

Thanks for the advice. It's all in line with what I've been thinking I recommended she buy a traq mate but I will tell her to take a look at the systems you have suggested I will put my Traq mate in her car until she gets a timer of her own. When I tell people to look far ahead I'm not sure that people really grasp how far I mean. Lots of my Markers are not on the track not even on the track property. Trees, buildings, towers etc that could be a mile or two away from the track.
If cost is an issue, the AIM SOLO is a decent unit for the money. I've borrowed one and found it useful. Expansion is limited, but it covers the basics.

-Mike

Quick Reply: How to boost confidence in a new driver?