Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

World challenge maybe eclipsing TUDOR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014 | 10:46 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streak
..........It would be nice if the broadcast schedule were easier to follow.
Have you seen this site: http://www.world-challenge.com/index...rs&view=events
Old 03-02-2014 | 01:19 PM
EVOBRS
1st Gear

To all at Rennlist....Thank you for your support of the Pirelli World Challenge Championship Series. All of us at PWC appreciate your comments and look forward to the 2014 race season, our 25th year anniversary opener at St Pete GP with Indy Car March 28. We welcome your opinions and promise to continue to make continual improvements to our product and brand. Please feel free to contact me by email anytime scottbove@wcvision.com

Scott Bove
President / CEO
WC Vision - Pirelli World Challenge
www.world-challenge.com
Old 03-02-2014 | 05:34 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EVOBRS
To all at Rennlist....Thank you for your support of the Pirelli World Challenge Championship Series. All of us at PWC appreciate your comments and look forward to the 2014 race season, our 25th year anniversary opener at St Pete GP with Indy Car March 28. We welcome your opinions and promise to continue to make continual improvements to our product and brand. Please feel free to contact me by email anytime scottbove@wcvision.com

Scott Bove
President / CEO
www.world-challenge.com
Thanks for following the forums Scott! Looking forward to racing with you this year.

Although, in defense of Tudor, WC being sprint races it's really a different animal. I totally agree with the comment earlier though that they should have allowed full GT3 spec in the GTD class.

St. Pete is going to be awesome, I can't wait. If any RL folks will be there feel free to swing by my truck and I'll give you a tour of the 458.

-mike
Old 03-02-2014 | 05:42 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm looking forward to see how the Touring A class will evolve. That seems to be a nice step up from
what I race and the budget requirements might be/stay reasonable.

c.
Old 03-02-2014 | 05:49 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVOBRS

Scott Bove
President / CEO
www.world-challenge.com

Scott, thanks for chiming in! The racing is looking like it's going to be very, very good this year!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-02-2014 | 07:47 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

i agree wish they were at lime rock or watkins glen this year. Such a great series, hopefully they will shy away from the street courses.
Old 03-02-2014 | 09:47 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ajcjr
i agree wish they were at lime rock or watkins glen this year. Such a great series, hopefully they will shy away from the street courses.
I don't think it's really an option since they generally follow the Indy schedule.
I'm happy to see them back at Miller this year. I'll be there.
Old 03-02-2014 | 10:41 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTgears
I don't think it's really an option since they generally follow the Indy schedule.
I'm happy to see them back at Miller this year. I'll be there.
yep, last few years at least they split time between Indy and ALMS.

with the "merger", Conti series is the official undercard for TUSC so PWC is somewhat stuck with Indy, which means stuck with street circuits.

I'd love to see some series like PWC, TransAm (which is getting good again), and maybe GT3 Cup, Ferrari Challenge and/or Lamborghini Trofeo join forces and do some sprint races at proper road circuits as standalone events, away from TUSC/endurance stuff. I think that could be a good show.
Old 03-02-2014 | 10:43 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
I'd love to see some series like PWC, Trans-Am (which is getting good again), maybe GT3 Cup, Ferrari Challenge and/or Lamborghini Trofeo join forces and do some sprint races at proper road circuits as standalone events, away from TUSC/endurance stuff.

I think that could be a good show.
Agreed!
Old 03-02-2014 | 11:00 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It will certainly be an exciting year in PWC with the acceptance of the full FIA GT3 specs for the GT Class. I have been pushing hard for this since we acquired our first Audi R8 LMS in 2012 and the day has finally come where we can race the full Ultra spec for 2014! We are prepping (5) 2014 Spec Audi R8 LMS Ultra's for the 2014 season and St. Pete will be just the beginning.

As Mike stated, WC and Tudor are indeed completely different animals but you can't deny the instant excitement with 2 x 50 minute sprint races per weekend with standing starts, no pitstops or driver changes.....just flat out racing for WC! Combine the GT3 specs with the Pirelli slick and these cars will be much faster than the Tudor GTD cars.

Bove has done an outstanding job cultivating the series over the past several years and 2014 should be a breakout season. Strong Manufacturer support combined with new sponsors will only help the series grow.

Audi, Porsche, McClaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Cadillac, SRT, Nissan GTR, Corvette, Aston Martin and more.....how cool!!

The TV Package will get better and live TV costs big bucks but I know WC Vision is looking into that option.....

Lastly, running with Indy Car will give us a huge fan base at the track in some of the biggest events on the racing calendar......and we also go to Road America with Nascar......great tracks for some great racing......!

St. Pete is less than 4 weeks away.......can't wait!!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 03-03-2014 | 07:21 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Scott, thanks for checking in.

You have a great series, and the couple of races that i did in the GTS field were super fun, a great experience. That said, i think what you have going on this year will be amazing.

if one wanted my two cents, my only concern would be this plethora of street courses. Lots of concrete-induced carnage which for some of the driver-owned cars makes it expensive and difficult to race a subsequent weekend. it also, i think, turns away some for that reason.
adn call me crazy, but tight racing on a road course like lime rock and watkins is just more enjoyable, for me, to watch and to race.
i thought the Lime rock race, in watching the TV broadcasts was one of the most exciting, connected races. and maybe it was houston , late in the year, where it was so spread it out it was whispy thin.

but great job and congrats on the new cars. i think its going to be an amazing year for WC.
Old 03-05-2014 | 04:31 PM
ninjacoco
Rennlist Member

Man, I would've loved to see them back in Austin. Some of the best racing I saw all year there...and that was before K-PAX got a freakin' McLaren!
Old 03-05-2014 | 07:29 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

I'm stoked for the series too! FIA GT3 cars are fantastic. Would be interesting if WSC could morph into something similar to Blancpain and have a couple of enduro race within the schedule.
Old 03-06-2014 | 11:26 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by brake dust
I'm stoked for the series too! FIA GT3 cars are fantastic. Would be interesting if WSC could morph into something similar to Blancpain and have a couple of enduro race within the schedule.
enduros i think inject a whole major level of change . fueling, fueling systems, fueling safety. you double or triple crew required for pit work, tire changes, fueling. now you have another drive and most owner drivers enjoy WC because they dont want to share the car with a pro.
Old 03-06-2014 | 12:55 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

I'm just excited to have a PWC race back at Miller this year!

Quick Reply: World challenge maybe eclipsing TUDOR?