Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

World challenge maybe eclipsing TUDOR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014 | 09:08 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Default World challenge maybe eclipsing TUDOR?

im going to go out on a limb and suggest that the World Challenge series , this year, might actually be more fun to watch, more exciting, more exciting cars, then Tudor.

they have some wicked machines coming on board. mclaren, lambos, ferrari, porsche GT3Rs, caddy. some really good drivers, some of whom would be tops in Tudor though obviously Tudor has more depth in that top 1/3. But it shoudl be super exciting.

well, not sure if it will be better racing ,but its going to be fantastic to watch with the broad range of zooty zoom zzoom cars. like watching FIA GT1 or GT3. thats pretty fun to watch less the pokey pit stops.

lots of good racing this year here in the USA.
Old 02-28-2014 | 09:15 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

I am a fan! It would be nice if the broadcast schedule were easier to follow.
Old 02-28-2014 | 09:56 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Looking forward to watching in 14.
Old 02-28-2014 | 11:43 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Since WSC ditched the Toyos for real tires 2 years ago the series has been incredibly fun to watch even on their ****ty feeds. They'll need to step up their live TV if they want to compete with Tudor...
Old 03-01-2014 | 12:47 AM
jenk12m
Banned

definitely going to be fun to watch. both classes at that. looking forward to seeing what jack baldwin will do in his cayman this year. he was so close to winning the championship last year
Old 03-01-2014 | 09:12 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bring back SPEED VISION! France family would not let it happen.
Old 03-01-2014 | 01:59 PM
wanna911
Race Car

This is awesome, but expected. Tudor was not built to handle all of ALMS and all of Grand-Am. So now we have Tudor and World Challenge instead of ALMS and Grand-Am. I like it. Especially now that the Porsches are competitive again, the GT class battle with be some furious competition between Corvette, Porsche, Viper and BMW with Ferrari posing a threat. I like the fact that we still will have two major series to watch now that World Challenge has been revived.
Old 03-01-2014 | 02:39 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

PWC is going to be superb this year.

IMSA/TUSC really screwed up with the "GTD" rules package instead of just accepting GT3 right out of the box.
Old 03-01-2014 | 02:48 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Should be a great season with all of the new machinery out there. Acura is going GT, Kpax with McLarens, Reiter Lamborghinis, in addition to all of the others. I love endurance racing but you can't beat the excitement of a sprint race. No pit stops, no driver changes, just ***** out racing.
Old 03-01-2014 | 03:14 PM
jenk12m
Banned

and standing starts to boot
Old 03-01-2014 | 03:39 PM
MikeJim
Pro

Default AWFUL TV

Love everything about WC except the TV coverage.

Turn-by-turn announcer Greg Creamer makes everything sound like it's the biggest and the fastest and the brightest. He reminds me of a small-time oval track public-address announcer. Absolutely breathless with his irritating screechiness. "Oh, look at THAT!!!!." "Ooooohhhhhhh, nooooooo." He hates dead air, is determined to never stop talking.

Color guy Calvin Fish is knowledgeable, but he speaks in one long-flowing sentence that can drone on for hours...connected by occasional "so's" to keep Creamer from interrupting.

And the series inserts pre-taped "reports" that are nothing more than packaged infomercials for race sponsors. I'm sure it makes sponsors happy, but the things are so blatantly commercial, they test the viewer's patience.

Here's hoping the NBC Sports Network won't let them continue to get away with this blatant product placement disguised as "information." It strips the broadcast of credibility.

Creamer and Fish. The only worse pairing was Will Buxton and Jerome D'Ambrosio on last year's GP2 coverage.
Old 03-01-2014 | 06:00 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Sports car wars wars wars. /TRUCKASAURUS voice.
Old 03-01-2014 | 09:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MikeJim

Turn-by-turn announcer Greg Creamer makes everything sound like it's the biggest and the fastest and the brightest. He reminds me of a small-time oval track public-address announcer. Absolutely breathless with his irritating screechiness. "Oh, look at THAT!!!!." "Ooooohhhhhhh, nooooooo." He hates dead air, is determined to never stop talking.

Color guy Calvin Fish is knowledgeable, but he speaks in one long-flowing sentence that can drone on for hours...connected by occasional "so's" to keep Creamer from interrupting.

And the series inserts pre-taped "reports" that are nothing more than packaged infomercials for race sponsors. I'm sure it makes sponsors happy, but the things are so blatantly commercial, they test the viewer's patience.

Here's hoping the NBC Sports Network won't let them continue to get away with this blatant product placement disguised as "information." It strips the broadcast of credibility.

Creamer and Fish. The only worse pairing was Will Buxton and Jerome D'Ambrosio on last year's GP2 coverage.
+1
Old 03-02-2014 | 03:39 AM
lordpantsington
Pro

They'll need to step up their live TV if they want to compete with Tudor...
To do so they'd only need to go live for about 10 minutes of every race.
Old 03-02-2014 | 10:37 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MikeJim

One of the reasons PWC has turned into such fun racing to watch is the money sponsors pay PWC to market the brands. The bills need to be paid or there is no series. Understanding the dynamic, I will tolerate the infomercials or just simply hit FF. The price is worth the prize.

NBC isnt going to do anything, they understand the importance of commercials and of having PWC in there line up.

Quick Reply: World challenge maybe eclipsing TUDOR?