Sponsored by:

AiM question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,650 Likes on 851 Posts

Originally Posted by amso3
If the driver is really interested in improving lap times, I'd recommend the forecast lap not the static lap. If your on a good lap it can provide the incentive to pick up the pace and get it done. If he (she) only looks at the lap once a lap it is much harder to determine what is working and what is not.
Agreed...and we will get there soon. However, for now, we just want to get actuals to display for more than 5 seconds. It is often difficult to look at the time as you enter T1 at many tracks!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 586 Posts

That track width is like you thought - it's creates a sort of imaginary line at the exact GPS point you enter as start finish. If you had a track that doubles back on itself, like many go kart tracks, you won't trip start finish when on a different part of the track.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:42 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,273 Likes on 1,868 Posts

I like +/- even more than predicted lap. No more computations in your head are needed.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-28-2014, 08:57 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Cetom

I never use the segments in the config. This was when you had multiple physical beacons. These days, using GPS, you can set segments in the GPS manager software.

You are correct about the box on the right. It is to give a width of the track so the GPS "beacon" will be picked up. When the GPS beacon is selected, these boxes are highlighted. I pick the bottom one and put in 45. I might even use a bigger number at Daytona because the track is so wide at start/finish.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:56 AM
cetom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic , and thank you . it's really kindof cool . at sebring i used gps manager to construct the track . intuitively i had the" car" tick box checked . but with that i was getting no lap times that made sense. so i went to the bottom "specific" box and empirically tried 45 . it worked perfectly. the reason i asked the question was to confirm that the appropriate fix thanks

Quick Reply: AiM question