Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB ITC or Inter-series Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 02:48 PM
tahoelife
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes our CDI has one that is really fast I am in hunt for one for a friend and current cayman driver with our club that has a gen1 that after watching two of them lose the motors was looking at rebuilding his prior to losing it then decided it may be better to go this route. He is hopeful that the interest will pick up out west. I have now spent hours upon hours talking with most of the car owners for sale out east as that is where most of them are that are this developed. I have had some push back to the cars leaving the east but most would love to just see them go to a good home. I will aspire to maybe someday get some seat time in one if we strike a deal to get one out here with the slow winter my business has had I am the car hunter...... for now I will be striving to get my tired 964 around the track this year goals are a 2;01.xx TH, 2:06xx BW and 1:41 LS still on Nittos still street legal GGR is going to Sonoma twice this year but I have not run there yet so no bench mark yet
Old 02-04-2014, 02:59 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

if you offer the right price, my guess is sellers have zero issue with the cars going west!!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:28 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ no, you dont understand. when it started, napleton was the only source, i called 6x, they never returend my cars.. on call #7, i talked to human. i asked to buy (they had a list price, i didn't say i wasn't paying that). they asked where i was. i said the best state in the country. they said, no HSR no go. no car. later pay....

i dont do well with that type of responses.

your WC car is different story. i cannot afford it !
Old 02-04-2014, 03:41 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes our CDI has one that is really fast
===> he was fast with the 3.4 as well, just not as fast as i WAS. hahaha. now with a kid, he's really slow. (i am ready for some ribbing come march event )

I am in hunt for one for a friend and current cayman driver with our club that has a gen1
===> i know him i think, but can't remember name. a silver car with our without a stripe over length of car?

that after watching two of them lose the motors was looking at rebuilding his prior to losing it then decided it may be better to go this route.
===> a gutted naked car is MUCH more fun than a regular car. i have gutted two cars. no comparison.

He is hopeful that the interest will pick up out west. I have now spent hours upon hours talking with most of the car owners for sale out east as that is where most of them are that are this developed.
===> perhaps we can get stujelly in person and chat with him. he's coming yup to BW soon, i may have to skip work and go see him. and maybe beg for a drive.

I have had some push back to the cars leaving the east
===> east coast pssst.... send them some california girls from malibu/santa monica. they will leave the the east. i left!

but most would love to just see them go to a good home.
==> stujelly has a frind with a very nice car for sale (yes, jelly paid me for commercial so every third word i mention his name, but he is the only one with racing cayman out west). i would have bought it, but i haev been the early adoptor in way too many things. so i am waiting for the grid to grow....

your rSA is a 3.8?
2:01 at Thill over the top? that will be a challenge and 1:41 will be too. i think stock 996gt3 on hoosier did 1:38 or 1:39, and he was on dirt half the time

sonoma is a track made for cayman. if the hp is within 75-100hp, i dont think 911 can beat cay. i'll just block you up T1, then it's all cayman territory. you catch up front straight, i'll hold insdie T1 again...... hum, no more telling you raciing secreats.

but i am seriously thinking of cayman.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:42 PM
MRW
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

This is an interesting thread. Just bought a '10 Interseries, sweet car, low miles and never raced. Committed to PCA racing, trying to decide what (if anything) to do to change the car. Push toward GTB1 limits or go backward to I Stock? No interest in ITC. I'm subscribed and staying tuned.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:50 PM
tahoelife
Racer

@Mooty my 964 is a 3.6 steel widebody stock motor my current pb is a 2:02.1 over the top at TH and a 1:42.4 a LS the high :01.xx is in reach on the right day .. If you really are serious about a cayman I have found a few not listed anywhere email me if you like ggrregistrar@gmail.com

@MRW you really have to see what the activity level is per class in your area. it seems to vary find people you like with enough turn out then make car fit that class is what i am finding
Old 02-04-2014, 04:12 PM
KaiB
Banned

Heath will get his suspension in order and get 2:01 flat easy.

Give him a set of R6s and see what happens.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:29 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

heath u are right there. a set of moton or a bunny to chase will get you the record.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:44 PM
tahoelife
Racer

Yes bunnies are good my pb is chasing two certain GT3's that run with GGR often my budget is very limited esp this year the drought in CA has crushed my business so have to run what I have this year really just trying to fund consumables for now and that will be a stretch, another reason I have become a personal car shopper as of late lol
Old 02-04-2014, 09:17 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HTML Code:
 MJR911
User

Scott, what specifically were the guys that got bumped to GT3 (from GTB1) down at Sebring doing prep wise that was outside the GTB rules?
I have been racing in I prepared and Saturday after I pissed off someone who cant deal with a faster I car protested and I was 1 inch high on my wing so I removed it right beofre the 2nd sprint staying in I and made a couple of bad adjustment choices, came into pits during the sprint and was able to get back into some descent times. For the enduro I opted to put the wing back on and go GTB1 so I lost my qualifiying position of 13th for the enduro and grid went to 62nd finishing 19th.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Slow RSA
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

if you've talked to jack baldwin, i'm sure he's given you the phone number for goldcrest motorsports. give them a holler. right, jenk12m????
Old 02-07-2014, 12:00 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes sir
Old 02-07-2014, 12:48 AM
tahoelife
Racer

Jack referred me to Bill Riddell who I believe owns a couple cars goldcrest has listed. As the founder of the Stuttgart cup and race link have been looking at his cars intently. However they have built them up beyond the spec class so they do not fit in well with PCA except for gt class cars. Sadly the field for gt cars seems to be very limited around these parts. The biggest fields out west seem to be BSR and spec911. Am hoping the interest in this platform grows. It does seem they would fit in NASA gts4 but not sure they would be competitive.? So the dilemma is Bills cars seem very well thought out and taken care of but may not fit in a series in the west.. Probably one reason they have their own inside HSR
Old 02-07-2014, 01:10 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

"The biggest fields out west seem to be BSR and spec911."

SEE jenks. what did i tell ya.....
if you bring your reptile out here and few of your friends, we could be tempted.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:25 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a shame. I would love to bring dark knight jr out west to raise some eyebrows

Quick Reply: WTB ITC or Inter-series Cayman