Sponsored by:

WTB ITC or Inter-series Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:31 PM
tahoelife
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default WTB ITC or Inter-series Cayman

Looking for Cayman ITC or Interseries car please email fullthrottletahoe@gmail.com
Old 01-22-2014, 08:36 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I listed my friends inter series car a month or so ago. He is looking for 110k. The car might have 900 miles on it. It is a cream puff.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...an+interseries
Old 01-22-2014, 08:40 PM
talcoldone
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a new build 4.0! Email for details tcoleman@twcmotorsport.com
Old 01-22-2014, 10:41 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hit up chris smith racing. i think he has one for sale as well
Old 01-22-2014, 11:17 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Get one built for you; most fun you'll ever have not driving (except that other thing).
Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 AM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Contact Rick DeMan. $90K??
Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM
tahoelife
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks everyone
Sorting through the options today. As the details and pictures come in. It seems that the cars in Interseries trim require some work to bring up to ITC what are the thoughts on Trophycup / Stuggart Cup?
Old 01-23-2014, 01:00 PM
jcastle
Racer

Isringhausen also has some itc cars for sale
Old 01-23-2014, 02:11 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Please contact me@
Sleder@ix.netcom.com

I have a few to select from
Old 01-23-2014, 02:12 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by tahoelife
It seems that the cars in Interseries trim require some work to bring up to ITC what are the thoughts on Trophycup / Stuggart Cup?
It's a shame, because Interseries spec, IMO, was ideal for cost control and parity of competition. A great value before it came apart. I agree that you would have to spend money on top to get anywhere close to the same level as the front runners in ITC.

The TrophyCup/Stuttgart Cup is a great alternative (in the East) to ITC. My impression is there is better cost control in the more restricted prep, there seems to be more/visible compliance testing in the T/S Cup and the venues are terrific. Bill Riddell is a good guy and has a good relationship with the sanctioning body. Seems to me like T/S Cup is on the ascendance.

Caveat, I've only been to one ITC race and while the party was terrific, it didn't push my buttons as far as the racing/value/on-track pleasure went... Again, just my .02

Bottom line, there are several good places to run these cars...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Last edited by ProCoach; 01-23-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:04 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Call BGB, http://www.teambgb.com/for_rent.asp they will be at all the ITC races, they are renting cars also.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:19 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Call DeMan. He's got a bunch of Cayman race cars presently, and a few in the process of conversion.
I was there last week.
You could have one built to order.
And by the way, his spec is a much better car than the Interseries versions.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:46 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Actually John and BGB will be a some of the enduro races. We have a few available cars in various locations. ITC is a series that looks to mitigate expenses for the drivers. They use Hankooks as the spec with the intentions of the driving saving abt 1500 per weekend on tires. ITC wing is carbon fiber and not inexpensive but effective. The ITC races are not inexpensive to race in if you are going to race in one or two, however if you are competing for the season you will find it is rather inexpensive. In addition you have opportunities for contingency money that will cover all of your races plus leave you with cash. Just Sayin'
Old 01-23-2014, 06:32 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sleder
Actually John and BGB will be a some of the enduro races. We have a few available cars in various locations. ITC is a series that looks to mitigate expenses for the drivers. They use Hankooks as the spec with the intentions of the driving saving abt 1500 per weekend on tires. ITC wing is carbon fiber and not inexpensive but effective. The ITC races are not inexpensive to race in if you are going to race in one or two, however if you are competing for the season you will find it is rather inexpensive. In addition you have opportunities for contingency money that will cover all of your races plus leave you with cash. Just Sayin'
Listen to Scott. He speaks the truth. And don't build one. Buy one already built and $$$ave....
Old 01-23-2014, 10:38 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
It's a shame, because Interseries spec, IMO, was ideal for cost control and parity of competition. A great value before it came apart. I agree that you would have to spend money on top to get anywhere close to the same level as the front runners in ITC.

The TrophyCup/Stuttgart Cup is a great alternative (in the East) to ITC. My impression is there is better cost control in the more restricted prep, there seems to be more/visible compliance testing in the T/S Cup and the venues are terrific. Bill Riddell is a good guy and has a good relationship with the sanctioning body. Seems to me like T/S Cup is on the ascendance.

Caveat, I've only been to one ITC race and while the party was terrific, it didn't push my buttons as far as the racing/value/on-track pleasure went... Again, just my .02

Bottom line, there are several good places to run these cars...
I agree. My interseries car was a blast to drive out of the box and not completely difficult to learn for a first time racer like me. Now to compete in GTB1 anywhere and keep up with the other cheater cars we are having to dump almost cup car money into these caymans. Crazy.

Wish there was a west coast alternative...

Quick Reply: WTB ITC or Inter-series Cayman