PCA club race at Monticello Oct 10-12

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 10:14 AM
931guru
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBaron326
VISITOR CLARIFICATION:
Every club race visitor/attendee/guest must be pre-registered with a specific driver when the driver completes their club race registration on clubregistration.net. At that time, the driver will be asked to list all of their crew/family/visitors as part of the normal registration process. This must be in place in order to gain entrance to MMC for the club race.
This is the opposite of user-friendly. User-hostile? User-vicious?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Dan Jacobs
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

[QUOTE=RedBaron326;11582877]VISITORS: Yes, if a person attending wishes to only come for just one day, the same rate applies. Each registered attendee will have full access to all of MMC's amenities for the entire weekend and should take advantage of them rather than limit themselves to just one day of attendance. So if a driver's family wishes to attend, they should plan on spending the entire weekend at MMC. Also, the fee is the same for each and every person attending the event including children regardless of age.

That's some corporate speak right there
Old 08-20-2014, 05:11 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBaron326
VISITOR CLARIFICATION:
Every club race visitor/attendee/guest must be pre-registered with a specific driver when the driver completes their club race registration on clubregistration.net. The driver will be asked to list all of their crew/family/visitors as part of the normal registration process. This must be in place in order to gain entrance to MMC for the club race.
Sounds more onerous than it is, certainly more tightly controlled than the typical club race. Understandable with a private club track vs a non member track. In the end, fairly easy for each of us not registered to race to be able to get on a driver's crew/family/visitor.

Is it a good value at $100 per crew, family, guest? I think that depends on how long time you're at the track. if you taken advantage of all 3 food and drink events each of the 3 days. I believe it to be a great deal. If you are there for a couple hours for one day, then no its not a good deal. But the drivers can not register for just one day, just like many entertainment events, it's a 3 day pass, its up to use it to your benefit.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:39 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

REGISTRATION FOR THIS CLUB RACE HAS BEEN DELAYED 1 WEEK

09/01/14 09:00 PM (members)
(central time zone)
Old 08-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

Received 380 Likes on 179 Posts

Anyone have the scoop here? Is there a chance this won't happen? I heard the contract still hadn't been signed as of this weekend, but that could just be a rumor.

Summit is only a few weeks prior and I was going to skip it in favor of a rare chance to spend the weekend at Monticello. But if this falls through ...
Old 08-26-2014, 11:57 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,328 Likes on 1,905 Posts

I wanted to attend this race as a spectator. Will someone temporarily adopt me for their pit crew and I will pay my $100? I can carry a fuel jug or something.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:18 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I wanted to attend this race as a spectator. Will someone temporarily adopt me for their pit crew and I will pay my $100? I can carry a fuel jug or something.
Sure, but I think car waxer would be a better job. Send me a PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:01 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
If your adoption does not come in, let me know, and I will get you hooked up.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:12 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jas0nn
Anyone have the scoop here? Is there a chance this won't happen? I heard the contract still hadn't been signed as of this weekend, but that could just be a rumor.

Summit is only a few weeks prior and I was going to skip it in favor of a rare chance to spend the weekend at Monticello. But if this falls through ...
All I am able to say is that I know PCA officials in the region and national have been working their tails off for many months to make this event happen despite some obstacles being placed in their way. I am looking forward to seeing such a rare opportunity coming thru. May be our only chance of racing at Monticello without spending 6 digits.

I'll say what we all think, these folks are hard working and know what they are doing when its comes to making a fun and safe club race event happen for us. They earn ever nickel they make. Oh that's right, they just do this for the love of the sport and the club.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Mike Andrews
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jas0nn

Is there a chance? Sure there's always the possibility of something happening at the last minute. We've had the Glen taken away from us a week before an event and had to cancel a Pocono club race due to changes at the track.

Barring anything unforeseen, this race will happen.

Having been to Summit and Monticello I think you are picking the correct event to race.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Andrews
Is there a chance? Sure there's always the possibility of something happening at the last minute. We've had the Glen taken away from us a week before an event and had to cancel a Pocono club race due to changes at the track.

Barring anything unforeseen, this race will happen.

Having been to Summit and Monticello I think you are picking the correct event to race.
Keep in mind Summit has the famous Dixie Chicks BBQ... and Peach Cobbler... and great night time entertainment.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Keep in mind Summit has the famous Dixie Chicks BBQ... and Peach Cobbler... and great night time entertainment.
+1

But I intend to go to both races!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Mike Andrews
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Great..... now you're making it much more difficult :-)
Old 08-28-2014, 12:28 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Van
+1

But I intend to go to both races!
Me too.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:49 PM
gums
Rennlist Member