Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike doing 187 MPH on autobahn casually passed by Audi wagon

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:04 AM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

A German driver's license can be quite expensive (starting from scratch $3000 to $4000 if your instructor likes you). They have much more in depth driver education courses then the jokes we call driving schools over here. In other words you actually have to do more than just to be able to stand long enough to get your picture taken to get a driver's license.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:40 AM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Remember, in Germany, left lane bandits AKA the Anti Destination League are generally ticketed and/or arrested by the police. That is one more way they "encouragge" slower traffic to move right. That, and an awareness of something most drivvers in the US don't even know exists for anything other than puttiing on make up: the rear view mirror.
Wait, what is this mirror thing you speak of ???

About 1/2 my trip from TWS to back home is on two lane blacktop. Between Hempstead and Sealy this road is a pleasure. The locals are very courteous and the shoulder's are paved. I almost never have to use the passing zones to get by somebody as they just move over and usually a friendly wave is exchanged. South of Sealy, too many Houston ******** are around and it is just like TX-6.

I think a lot of this is just to much generation me! me! me!.

Originally Posted by rlm328
A German driver's license can be quite expensive (starting from scratch $3000 to $4000 if your instructor likes you). They have much more in depth driver education courses then the jokes we call driving schools over here. In other words you actually have to do more than just to be able to stand long enough to get your picture taken to get a driver's license.
Wow, that actually makes HPDE look cheap .

BTW, does it make me a bad person that one pleasure I get out of going to the local indoor carting track is using the chrome horn on some chowder head that won't drive faster or get out of the way?

-Mike

Quick Reply: Bike doing 187 MPH on autobahn casually passed by Audi wagon