Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michael Stewart, PCA 'racer' hits another car (again!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
If you're willing to go after a guy you don't know, at an event(s) you weren't at, then you should be willing to call him and let him know you did it.
Matt - i'm sure i'm on that super-secret code ring list as a trouble maker (or NOW I will be!) but really, you think that this forum is so important that we need to invade someones personal life because we respond to a post? This is Rennlist, it's NOT important and WE are not important, it's a source of entertainment and in some twisted cases a actual way to exchange information. I'm sure this person has at least ONE friend that has made him aware of this thread. Maybe he is angry, maybe embarrassed, maybe he just doesn't give a crap. Thing is, RENNLIST doesn't decide squat and the people that do make decisions, in my belief system, don't give a CRAP what Rennlist posters write about!

Guy rammed at least two people in a short period of time, that much is certain, anything else until I see more pictures (we love pictures here) is BS.. If we can eliminate the passenger seat and allow turbos in 3.0L D cars to keep up with the chipped 3.2L E cars the universe will return to normal. Oh, and kill that $600 seat slider for Randy too..
Old 10-15-2013, 12:08 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Professor Helmüt Tester
... It describes the various asshattery of specific licensed drivers,...

Like I said...fascinating reading.
Don't believe a word my ex wife says!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:03 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Don't believe a word my ex wife says!
you mean gary?

i heard th e car was driving in reverse 5th gear and was overtaking the slower gt3
Old 10-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Der ABT
you mean gary?

i heard th e car was driving in reverse 5th gear and was overtaking the slower gt3
I've been outed! Someone better call me on the phone!! BTW Evan, I was the husband....

Last edited by Gary R.; 10-15-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:48 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 276 Posts

So the story gets worse. I received a few emails from people who told me he also rammed another car at the Test&Tune before Brainard this year. He then proceeded to skip the novice meeting which is required for a driver with a 13. He is racking up a body count faster than Michael Myers in Halloween.

The problem is not just that he is wreckless, but he simply has total disregard for other people or the rules we are all suppose to abide by. And because many of his incidents happen in Test&Tune instead of in PCA events he'll keep coming back to strike again.

Matt, i have confronted him in person. After he hit me he failed to report to Black Flag and failed to come find me, but I searched and found him. He did not apologize or even seem to care about what happened. And because of this attitude the hits keep coming. 4 and counting in a matter of 6 months and all involved him ramming people with the front of his car. The same mistake over and over again ....

I've been hit by others and never made mention of it after it happened. No reason to make public cases of those instances. This one is clearly different and hopefully someone does tell him about this public shaming. He needs to know how others feel so that he either changes, quits the sport, or isn't taken by surprise when he is taken behind the wood shed after his next incident.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WHY ON EARTH was he allowed to continue if he skipped the Friday novice meeting after a 13???
Old 10-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KaiB
WHY ON EARTH was he allowed to continue if he skipped the Friday novice meeting after a 13???
Same reason they allow remote reservoir shocks in stock class... well... maybe not the SAME reason.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:24 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 276 Posts

Why was he not penalized for failing to report to Black Flag or the scruts after the COTA hit?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:00 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,495 Likes on 2,080 Posts

It's one thing if you have no talent. Quite another if you have disregard for the safety and well being of others on track and an indifferent attitude after the fact. I hope that those in his region get through to this guy or the people who allow him to get on track time after time before he hurts somebody.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Vampire
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Guy rammed at least two people in a short period of time, that much is certain,
Rear ended three people this year, two were on Test and Tune days. My E class car had a bent tub as well, but was fixable.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:14 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

Vampire are you saying that you are also a victim. If thats the case E cars beware.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well crash etiquette varies by person to person I guess based on your upbringing

My first and only "crash" in a race happened in my first year at a non PCA event

I tried an inside pass with cold brakes and hit someone from behind

I stopped made sure he was ok and after the race I paid for his repairs as I clearly made a bad mistake and was glad no one was hurt

that was years ago and I havent had another incident since

everyone may not offer to pay cause racing is racing but at least man up accept resonsibllitiy apologize and learn from your mistakes

tom
Old 10-15-2013, 11:17 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vampire
Rear ended three people this year, two were on Test and Tune days. My E class car had a bent tub as well, but was fixable.
WTF?
Old 10-15-2013, 11:20 AM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
well crash etiquette varies by person to person I guess based on your upbringing

My first and only "crash" in a race happened in my first year at a non PCA event

I tried an inside pass with cold brakes and hit someone from behind

I stopped made sure he was ok and after the race I paid for his repairs as I clearly made a bad mistake and was glad no one was hurt

that was years ago and I havent had another incident since

everyone may not offer to pay cause racing is racing but at least man up accept resonsibllitiy apologize and learn from your mistakes

tom

I backed into a dude at Sebring when the pits were closed, not knowing he was behind me. Offered to pay for his damage but he never took me up on it. I would like to think that If I f'ed up someones car on or off the track because of my complete stupidity I would offer to help them out.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Ok... who HASN'T been hit by this guy? I think we should start a poll....

Quick Reply: Michael Stewart, PCA 'racer' hits another car (again!)