Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michael Stewart, PCA 'racer' hits another car (again!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

I have to be honest here, I think this thread is pretty crappy. Regardless of the guys driving ability, to post a thread about him, make fun of him, and get everyone to pile on without him knowing and/or responding is lame.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:16 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Said idiot was at Road America in K class and though the only K car running, he was at least 6 seconds off the pace (in my limited experience K and L cars run same lap times where ever I go - I have both K and L and my own lap times are always same at Sebring, VIR, WGI, Road Atlanta, Road America, SP, NJMP).
This tells me he is slow which usually means either really old or really new to all of this or just a bad driver.
slow is ok, i mean im just starting out in my SRF (have prior karting experience) and im not the fastest. I keep and i on my mirrors and push more and more as im comfortable in the car. Does this person have any prior racing experience?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:23 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
Hitting someone like that at a TnT is lunacy. The drivers meeting before this session specifically told everyone to drive to DE rules and save it for Sunday, point bys only on straights, people were black flagged for race passes...and still this guy shot the gap.
What a minute. So you are saying he did this effectively during a DE??? Were there non-caged "DE" cars out there as well?

This just keeps getting sadder.

I can't say I have a problem with the thread. Don't want a thread about your driving, don't hit people. I could care less if he is slow, but the judgement appears weak with this one.

-Mike
Old 10-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by TXE36
What a minute. So you are saying he did this effectively during a DE??? Were there non-caged "DE" cars out there as well?

This just keeps getting sadder.

I can't say I have a problem with the thread. Don't want a thread about your driving, don't hit people. I could care less if he is slow, but the judgement appears weak with this one.

-Mike
Test and tunes normally require a race license, so I would assume this one did also.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:31 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I have to be honest here, I think this thread is pretty crappy. Regardless of the guys driving ability, to post a thread about him, make fun of him, and get everyone to pile on without him knowing and/or responding is lame.
I think this is a valid point Matt, but it also raises the question at hand.

What avenues may be open for complaints, valid comments or observations. I thought this guy was an accident waiting to happen the first time I got near him on the track.

What to do? Hell, he was already on a 13, had been to the drivers meeting where the CDI made it very clear that we were to play be DE rules and also made it clear that the track was a bit slick (we all felt that) and yet the cowboy dives into 2 way hot and causes another (expensive) incident.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Test and tunes normally require a race license, so I would assume this one did also.
It did. As normal, there were two groups of race cars/drivers and one advanced DE group.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Hogwash.

He can respond. Hopefully he will before hitting someone else.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:55 PM
vette6autox
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"This tells me he is slow which usually means either really old or really new to all of this or just a bad driver. "

You got two of the three correct dude, but the old part is just plain wrong. How old are you and where do you race because I am old and maybe I should not be racing too.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Trak Ratt
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't care for using names but the general theme seems more cautionary which is good.
As to slow and old, not everyone finishes first, second or even third! People have different abilities and preparation. So IMO slow isn't/shouldn't be in play. Carless, reckless, and talentless are key points though. As to old, a friend of mine's dad is in his 70s and still runs Summit Point (and other tracks) right ~ the record for his class.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
I was there.

My first thought first session was something along the lines of "what the hell"; turns out I was not alone thinking this. There was another there who caused the same concerns for many I spoke with.

Some say this about me, but I merely toss empty beer cans in their way.
Any insight into how the incident happened?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TXE36

-Mike
We could say that about all sorts of things. I'm not defending the guy, but we've all done plenty of dumb stuff and we don't need someone on the internet to point it out to everyone.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Hogwash.

He can respond. Hopefully he will before hitting someone else.
Then why don't you man up and call the guy to tell him you jumped on the pile in this thread? He probably doesn't even know the thread exist.

Originally Posted by KaiB
I think this is a valid point Matt, but it also raises the question at hand.

What avenues may be open for complaints, valid comments or observations. I thought this guy was an accident waiting to happen the first time I got near him on the track.

What to do? Hell, he was already on a 13, had been to the drivers meeting where the CDI made it very clear that we were to play be DE rules and also made it clear that the track was a bit slick (we all felt that) and yet the cowboy dives into 2 way hot and causes another (expensive) incident.
Good point. IMHO, if people who drive with him have a problem, they should bring it up to him. You could also talk to the track chair/CI/event organizers about him. I can tell you it's been done about people who have posted in this thread....
Old 10-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 204 Posts

I'm with Matt on this one.
And I can think of at least one person who is a RL regular who has a nightmare reckless reputation at advanced DE events. I took it up with that person and the event organizers and it was dealt with. My point is that I would never air that dirty laundry on RL.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

We could say that about all sorts of things. I'm not defending the guy, but we've all done plenty of dumb stuff and we don't need someone on the internet to point it out to everyone.

Then why don't you man up and call the guy to tell him you jumped on the pile in this thread? He probably doesn't even know the thread exist.

This goes way beyong dumb stuff, Matt.

"Man up"? ROTFL...interesting choice of words...

I don't know him. If I did, i would.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
This goes way beyong dumb stuff, Matt.

"Man up"? ROTFL...interesting choice of words...

I don't know him. If I did, i would.
If you're willing to go after a guy you don't know, at an event(s) you weren't at, then you should be willing to call him and let him know you did it.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a "list", shared among organizations in the US road racing community. It includes vintage and club race sanctioning bodies. I have seen that list. Actually, I have a copy of that current list (no, I won't send you a copy...it's "adults only"). It describes the various asshattery of specific licensed drivers, including suspensions, probations and outright bans. It's fascinating reading.

I'm not quite sure if FIA member organizations are obliged to honor penalities levied by other FIA organizations, like AHL, IHL and OHL's are obliged to honor suspensions from the National Hockey League...but it's sure informative to know who's a basket of idiocy. And...most motorsports sanctioning bodies in the US include language in their event rules and entry forms that state that the event organizers have the right to refuse entries.

Like I said...fascinating reading.

Last edited by Professor Helmüt Tester; 10-14-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Michael Stewart, PCA 'racer' hits another car (again!)