Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:47 AM
230ERACER
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great event and nice job by Allen, bob and all from Florida Crown region, not a lot of "F'ers" but Jimmy Silvio, F car and I had a blast racing against each other back and forth. Great track and wish more would put it on their bucket list for next year.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:41 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Definitely on the bucket list. Summit point (my home track) is always the week before and we get a lot of the Northeast and mid Atlantic guys. If only they could back up Daytona a week or two or Schedule Summit a week or two earlier. Back to back weekends is tough.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:42 AM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Found the results by going thru PCA - Results - MyLaps the other day but can't find them again. What am I doing wrong? Tried logging in to my MyLaps account and doing a search but still no luck?
Old 10-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Permafrost
Advanced

If you go to the PCA.ORG site, look up Activities -> Club Racing -> Race Results, you can download the full Daytona results.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:46 AM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks! They weren't posted yet in Results so I was going into the MyLaps link above Results but it stopped loading.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Madness
Rennlist Member

Default PCA Daytona

Like the others before me, I too would like to thank Allen, Barbara and the rest of the event organizers. Daytona is way under appreciated except by those of us who have been able to enjoy such a great event.

Thanks again - will be back again next year. I've got my sights set on breaking the 2:00 minute mark . . .
Old 10-15-2013, 01:55 AM
Yellow996
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
Definitely on the bucket list. Summit point (my home track) is always the week before and we get a lot of the Northeast and mid Atlantic guys. If only they could back up Daytona a week or two or Schedule Summit a week or two earlier. Back to back weekends is tough.
I agree with Scott. I know many of us from RTR and SCH regions would consider Daytona if the schedule was more accommodating. It seems the mid-Atlantic guys have a rotation that includes Sebring, Lime Rock, WGI, VIR, NJMP and Summit Point. Daytona would be a fantastic late October/early November event for us.

Maybe 2015? Let's hope!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:55 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a great event, makes me sorry I wasn't able to attend and had to cancel.
Also gave up my championship.....
Old 10-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Gary944
Track Day

Default Photographs

Colour Tech South Motorsports Photography was in attendance.
If you contact Henry at colourtechsouth@yahoo.com giving your car number, he will send a contact sheet of all photos taken for your review. Great shots of a great event.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:12 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

+1 for ColourTech South,
Old 10-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Daytona Bob
3rd Gear

Default Next Daytona DE will be Dec 6,7,8

I'm a new member here to RL, but have attended numerous PCA events, including the Citrus Region Daytona event. I recently sold my '69 911S that I had for many decades, but I'll probably add another P-car to the stable one of these days.

The Daytona event was a great event!!! I attended the DE with my "other marque" car. Sorry I oiled up the track!! Here's a picture of the car after the engine blew in the 2nd DE session Sat morning on NASCAR T2 at about 145mph:

There's a huge hole in the left side of the block. I think the #1 cylinder exhaust valve busted and initiated the damage. The car/engine had 47,500 miles - more than 5,000 of them on the track. It's currently getting a new engine installed - nothing $14K won't fix! I guess ya gotta pay to play!!!

Many thanks to the Citrus Region folks for letting me run home, get my other Vette, give me a quick tech inspection, so I was able to hit the track for the Sat afternoon and Sunday sessions!

I should have the car ready for the next Daytona event Dec 6-8. If anybody missed this last one, the Dec event is HPDE only, but a very good event. There are two co-sponsoring organizations and you can register through either site below. You can do 1, 2, or all 3 days:

http://performancedrivinggroup.com

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...6#.Um_nMm3D_IU

C'ya at the track!!

Bob

Quick Reply: Daytona Club Race