Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kimi and Alonso Silly Season

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kimi and Alonso both on the Ferrari team will be a race unto itself. I can't see Kimi moving over to let Alonso by. Maybe there will be contact like Webber and Vettel had.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:05 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I would just be glad for Kimi to have a better car and a real chance. He is finished in a couple of years anyway. They are already pointing that " he is the oldest driver on the grid" stuff.

It sure gives Ferrari the best driver team since the Senna and Prost days.

We all know how that worked out .
Old 09-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider
I would just be glad for Kimi to have a better car and a real chance. He is finished in a couple of years anyway. They are already pointing that " he is the oldest driver on the grid" stuff.

...Along those lines, since 2014 is a development year for everyone, why not sign up Kimi for development at #1, dump Alonso, put future #1 in as #2 for a couple years with Hulk?
Old 09-10-2013, 01:16 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,463 Likes on 2,064 Posts
Default There are signs everywhere

Boullier reiterates Lotus has 'plan B'

10 September 2013

Lotus team principal Eric Boullier has reiterated he has a ‘plan B’ should Kimi Räikkönen decide to move on and join Ferrari, as the rumour mill suggests he will, and it appears Nico Hülkenberg is the prime candidate being considered.

Speculation Räikkönen will return to Maranello has intensified since Sunday’s Italian Grand Prix and there are numerous unconfirmed reports he has agreed terms with the Scuderia to replace Felipe Massa.

Boullier though, while keen to hold on to his current number one driver, is determined not to be left in the lurch.

“We have a plan B,” Boullier told motorsport-total.com, echoing what he said back in July, although then Kimi was being linked to Red Bull.

Indeed Hülkenberg’s manager has been seen in the Lotus hospitality area in both Hungary and Belgium and the German’s impressive drive to fifth in Monza, will also have done his cause no harm.

“Nico had a great weekend here,” Boullier added. “We know that he is a good driver. I’ve know him for a long time, he is really fast.”
Old 09-10-2013, 01:22 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

BBC just reported that Kimi signed with Ferrari replacing Massa.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:34 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

^^^^^

BBC reported that last night .

But no announcement. As a matter of fact Ferrari cooled it some earlier today saying it will be next week .

But then again . . . .
Old 09-10-2013, 01:38 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

Just echoing what I read in the Dutch paper :-)
Old 09-10-2013, 01:56 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Stay on top of it.

We need the FACTS .

Cant just go pulling for Ferrari all of a sudden .
Old 09-10-2013, 02:13 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider

Although there has been an age shift in F1, Kimi will still only be 33 (I think), which gives him some decent time still.

The Senna/Prost thing worked out well (in terms of titles) only because McLaren was such a superior car in those years. If Ferrari had not been so close to McLaren in 2007, then either Alonso or Hamilton would have won the WC despite all the fireworks and drama.

When the cars across teams are relatively close, then I don't think two Alpha drivers is the best approach. Of course, with so much change next year it's anyone's guess what the true pecking order will be.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Forbes has picked up on the story citing the BBC and Andrew Benson that the contract was signed yesterday. Formal announcement this week. Confirmed that it was on FA's facebook page yesterday, but deleted by today.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:33 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 500_19B
Although there has been an age shift in F1, Kimi will still only be 33 (I think), which gives him some decent time still.

The Senna/Prost thing worked out well (in terms of titles) only because McLaren was such a superior car in those years. If Ferrari had not been so close to McLaren in 2007, then either Alonso or Hamilton would have won the WC despite all the fireworks and drama.

When the cars across teams are relatively close, then I don't think two Alpha drivers is the best approach. Of course, with so much change next year it's anyone's guess what the true pecking order will be.
And you are right. But I still think Kimi in just for 2 years or so more becuase that is probably what he wants to do.

But the Senna / Prost days were different than today in my mind. If it is possible, to me, those days were even more political. And Senna felt he was always on the "wronged" side . I am not sure that Kimi and Alonso have that bitterness built up . Not yet anyway.

In one way they have the common enemy. Red Bull. And maybe a closer one in the Ferrari mangement office . So maybe the Team will come around. Stranger things have happened. See Hunt and McLaren .
Old 09-10-2013, 03:50 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Massa just tweeted: From 2014 i will no longer be driving for Ferrari. I would like to thank the team for all the wins.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:09 PM
mgent
Instructor

I bet Kimi to Ferrari... They learned from RBR - you need 2 top class drivers to win the constructors trophy, which Ferrari cares about the most... The other teams with 2 strong drivers - RBR and Mercedes - would kill them in points with even cars due to the second driver... I think the different compared to the past is the strength of the pairs at the other teams... At times yes, but I didn't think top guys used to pair up as often as they do now...
Old 09-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I heard this morning that Ferrari will announce tomorrow what everyone have been rumoring.

I think Pete and I need to finally get together for a beer...
Old 09-10-2013, 04:45 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I think Pete and I need to finally get together for a beer...
For sure!

Quick Reply: Kimi and Alonso Silly Season