Sponsored by:

Don't piss off Mike Skeen's GF

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 08:13 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Max Papis is Ty Dillons driving coach.
Ty should have never left the inside door so open. No series should award the win to a move like Elliott's. I've met Ty and I can tell you him and his team, Grandfather Richard Childress, are a class act.

Not sure what happened between Papis and Skeen, but it seemed to me Papis had the faster car the last 8-10 laps. Skeen was doing everything possible to hold him back there and apparently something went a miss.

Penalties should be assessed to Elliott for his dive bomb, and Papis for his post checkered antics. Perhaps more if there was an on-track incident between Papis and Skeen. No Penalty for Skeens girl unless MP presses charges.

But.....it's NASCAR so on to the next race.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:42 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by racing916
The Slap!

Aw com on. There's got to be a clip that shows the sweater muffins.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,281 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat L.
I consider Mike a friend. I've raced against him and been team mates with him since 2010. I've also had the pleasure to spend time around his girlfriend Kelly at several races this year. Mike is an amazing racer who is as fair as they come on the track. He is aggressive, but not reckless. His first instinct is to give respect on the track instead of demanding it from other drivers. However, he'll give as good as he gets and I have no doubt that Max had some regrets about pushing on the back bumper of that Hawk truck after the race. Goon on Mike, I say.

As far as his girlfriend dishing it out to Max after the race... on one hand any press is good press in the world of NASCAR. On the other hand, it is unfortunate that the slap is getting more attention than Mike's amazing drive that showcased just how talented he is.
I don't know Skeen, but this absolutely makes the point that a "good or fair" racer has to change his style to the free for all allowed by NASCAR if he wants to keep his ride. Casey Kayne took a lot of crap last week for NOT Wrecking Kenseth when he could have. As a result, they both came in 1st and 2nd and both got their "DESERVED" points.

This wrecking or winning is demolishin' derby BS and not real racing. Any other sanctioning body or series would have massive penalties/suspensions for what went on yesterday. The WWE is laughing at NASCAR
Old 09-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard that they are changing the series name from camping world serie to slapping world serie
Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Skeen is a good dude. Have watched his behaviour both on and off the track at several events and IMHO he's a class act.

Papis has come close to seriously injuring one of his pit crew in at least one episode I know about - a result of unapologetic douchebaggery.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I had to leave Mosport before the conclusion of the truck race, but based on reputation alone I would bet that Papis is the culprit. And FWIW it's impossible to dislocate a grown man's jaw with a bitch slap

More importantly, I think I have a picture of the sweater muffins somewhere....
Old 09-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

This is a good write up:

http://infmotorsports.com/blog/
Old 09-03-2013, 12:54 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Streak
This is a good write up:

http://infmotorsports.com/blog/
Disagree. I think it was crap. Yes, I am biased, as I've met Max a couple of times, and he is good friends with a friend of mine...... which is why I think the article is crap. The author pins his success on being Emo Fittipaldi's son in law. I won't disclose what I know of that dynamic, but I will say that he is baking up the wrong tree, period.

This is nothing of Mike Skeen, but implying that Max's career is what it is because he married Tati is a bunch of bladerdash. I think they met when he war in F1?

Not defending anyone for the specific incident, just pointing out shoddy journalism in my mind.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:20 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat L.
I consider Mike a friend. I've raced against him and been team mates with him since 2010. I've also had the pleasure to spend time around his girlfriend Kelly at several races this year. Mike is an amazing racer who is as fair as they come on the track. He is aggressive, but not reckless. His first instinct is to give respect on the track instead of demanding it from other drivers. However, he'll give as good as he gets and I have no doubt that Max had some regrets about pushing on the back bumper of that Hawk truck after the race. Goon on Mike, I say.

As far as his girlfriend dishing it out to Max after the race... on one hand any press is good press in the world of NASCAR. On the other hand, it is unfortunate that the slap is getting more attention than Mike's amazing drive that showcased just how talented he is.
I agree with what you're saying, especially about the fact that Mike had an awesome drive and the fact that NASCAR loves any kind of publicity they can get. However, as others have said, there's no place on for violence in racing.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
Disagree. I think it was crap. Yes, I am biased, as I've met Max a couple of times, and he is good friends with a friend of mine...... which is why I think the article is crap. The author pins his success on being Emo Fittipaldi's son in law. I won't disclose what I know of that dynamic, but I will say that he is baking up the wrong tree, period.

This is nothing of Mike Skeen, but implying that Max's career is what it is because he married Tati is a bunch of bladerdash. I think they met when he war in F1?

Not defending anyone for the specific incident, just pointing out shoddy journalism in my mind.
Out of that whole article you focus on one single sentence? What was written does not pin Papis's success to his FIL it only points out why the author can better relate to Skeen vs Papis. The article really had nothing to do with Papis.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:15 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
However, as others have said, there's no place on for violence in racing.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For some reason saw the end of that race, not only the battle for 3rd but even more so, the "battle" for the win where the car that was 2nd, just demolition derby crashed the guy in front out and win the race.

Makes no sense to me if the guy who won didn't get penalized, what's the point in even trying to lead and win when the guy behind you just doesn't brake and pushes you out in last corner?

And then of course the mechanics from both teams go and "want to fight" each other...
Old 09-03-2013, 10:28 AM
ktr6
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

As Tony Stewart once said, its better to be in the news for doing something bad than not be in the news at all. NASCAR is all about entertainment and money. These antics have given the truck series more press than its gotten all year, and will most likely have people tune in to watch the drama.

This thread reinforces their thought process, how many truck series threads have there been on rennlist prior to the bitch slap?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I missed the broadcast. Is there a repeat scheduled?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:27 AM
chartersb
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 35 Posts

The NASCAR wrestlin' hides the fact that there is some serious driver talent in the truck series. The top 5 trucks would have OUT qualified ALL of the GTC cars at the ALMS race at CTMP in July. Yes, the 3400lb 600hp, carbureted, solid axle, tall, tow vehicle bricks on skinny tires were faster than the fastest Cup cars.
Of course none would have finished, but....just sayin.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:53 AM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know Mike personally and really bummed that what happened off track is overshadowing the actual racing here. Mike wheeled a truck to the front of the field in an extremely competitive series, with no prior experience. Mike is 110% a wheel man and is as modest a guy as you'll find. I have no doubt that those close to him were extremely frustrated to see a HUGE opportunity wrecked for him in the last corner... by a guy that absoluetly has a reputation for being a di*k on and off the track.

I hope that he gets more opportunities in the future.

Quick Reply: Don't piss off Mike Skeen's GF