Don't piss off Mike Skeen's GF

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 02:10 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Don't **** off Mike Skeen's GF

http://www.people.com/people/article...730740,00.html

Racecar driver Max Papis claims that his jaw was dislocated when a woman he didn’t know slapped his face after Sunday's NASCAR Truck Series race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park race in Bowmanville, Ontario.

"This crazy lady comes shouting at me, and I had no idea, didn't even understand her, she just started shouting," Papis told ESPN.com.

"And all the sudden, she took a full hand – and she slapped me so hard. I'm not kidding. My jaw got dislocated and my left ear is still ringing, big time."

His response, Papis, said, was just to take it. "What do you do?" he said. "You don't hit a lady."

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

Still, he said, "I was in disbelief. Complete disbelief. If she would've closed her hand it would have been a bad punch, because she hit me so freaking hard."

The woman was later identified as the girlfriend of competing driver Mike Skeen. According to the Associated Press, Papis and Skeen had been battling for third in the closing laps of the race until contact between the two on the last lap ruined Papis's finish.

The two hit again during the cool-down lap, and Papis voiced his displeasure about Skeen during his post-race interview.

Papis told ESPN, "I went to [Skeen] and said, 'I guess we know who's the man in the family here, because the guy didn't even have the [guts] to talk."

He also Tweeted: "That deal was only between me and #6 driver we could have solved it alone ...but I guess he needed some ...help !!!!"
Old 09-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 814 Posts

What an utter bitch.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:38 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Having chatted with her in person, all I can tell you is that she has a lovely set of sweater muffins.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:46 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Always 2 sides to a story:

Skeen: "Finally back to the States with a charged phone. Great race overall for us, but a rough end. I'm not sure what the TV showed, but the 14 got into my bumper numerous times to pass me with a couple laps to go. I never gave him a cheap shot in the rear. I made an aggressive move in the final corner to get position and I don't think he saw it coming...hit me in LR corner and put us in the tires. If it was such a rookie move and I completely missed the corner, he should've let me wreck myself and he could've finished just fine (not what would have happened). Instead he tried to turn in even though I had a nose ahead. The drama after the race was started by him. He tried numerous times on the cool down lap to wreck me again or drive me into other parked trucks. When we finally got behind the wall, I got out and talked to him face to face, but there was no reasoning with him. I didn't know about the slap, but that was relatively tame considering he barged our trailer later and tried to pull her down the stairs in front of a NASCAR official and several members of our team. She has bruises to prove it. Those are the facts from my perspective.
"
Old 09-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yes, always 2 sides to every story.

But regardless, there is never an excuse for physical violence in racing.

Class is class, and no class is just that.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:03 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,229 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
But regardless, there is never an excuse for physical violence in racing.

Class is class, and no class is just that.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yup. No class.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 PM
racing916
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Slap!

Old 09-02-2013, 04:25 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
Always 2 sides to a story:

Skeen: "...He tried numerous times on the cool down lap to wreck me again or drive me into other parked trucks. When we finally got behind the wall, I got out and talked to him face to face, but there was no reasoning with him."
I don't know about the incident because I was watching from T2, but I definitely saw what I re-quoted above.

I haven't seen the television coverage of it, but there was also a FCY with about six laps remaining that I never heard explained, and a CCTV post-race interview with Ty Dillon 'guaranteeing' that Elliott won't finish his next race. The crowd cheered at that.

You can see Skeen headed for the tires at 2:32 in this link:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=2642757526001
Old 09-02-2013, 04:35 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,281 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
What an utter bitch.
Agree. Stay out of it. Not your place to get involved.

The bottom line is NASCAR is a complete joke. What the story doesn't say is that the lead car was wrecked because the car in P2 bumped him in the last lap, wrecking the leader and taking the victory. This horse**** "racing" is allowed in NECKCAR. It's basically a free for all with no penalties for wrecking people out and it goes one from the leaders until the back markers.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:29 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Physical violence between guys leads to a lawsuit. Physical violence where a guy hits a woman leads to a lawsuit and prison. Physical violence where a woman hits a man leads to.... nothing.

Lack of class. And unfortunately, no repercussions.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:10 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Having chatted with her in person, all I can tell you is that she has a lovely set of sweater muffins.
Wouldn't that make her an "udderd bitch"?
Old 09-02-2013, 06:21 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
The bottom line is NASCAR is a complete joke. What the story doesn't say is that the lead car was wrecked because the car in P2 bumped him in the last lap, wrecking the leader and taking the victory. This horse**** "racing" is allowed in NECKCAR. It's basically a free for all with no penalties for wrecking people out and it goes one from the leaders until the back markers.
I agree, NASCAR is almost totally unwatchable now because of crap like that.

in any other series, Elliot would have the win stripped and put on suspension or probation for the rest of the season.

in NASCAR, it becomes part of their promo reel.

you reap what you sow...and NASCAR is turning into, as you say, a free for all. sad, the racing used to be good.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

The Skeen camp was so pissed off that I have to believe that something Papis was doing before they came into the camera shot was egregious and not just isolated to that one corner. I can't imagine they would have reacted that way over a Skeen dive bomb. They were just super pissed about something Papis did that we couldn't see. I don't know Mike personally but those that do insist Mike is not that guy.

While the slap is uncalled for incidents like that while the adrenaline is still pumping happen. Not right but it happens. Heat of the moment, crime of passion etc. Not an excuse either way.

What is worse IMO is that Papis, after thinking about it, went to Skeen's trailer and tried to drag the girl (battery) out of the trailer. That's premeditated. She does, in fact, have the bruises to prove it. What a tough guy.

Good publicity though
Old 09-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Pat L.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I consider Mike a friend. I've raced against him and been team mates with him since 2010. I've also had the pleasure to spend time around his girlfriend Kelly at several races this year. Mike is an amazing racer who is as fair as they come on the track. He is aggressive, but not reckless. His first instinct is to give respect on the track instead of demanding it from other drivers. However, he'll give as good as he gets and I have no doubt that Max had some regrets about pushing on the back bumper of that Hawk truck after the race. Goon on Mike, I say.

As far as his girlfriend dishing it out to Max after the race... on one hand any press is good press in the world of NASCAR. On the other hand, it is unfortunate that the slap is getting more attention than Mike's amazing drive that showcased just how talented he is.

Quick Reply: Don't piss off Mike Skeen's GF