Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

Booooo!

http://jalopnik.com/girlfriend-who-s...ium=socialflow
Old 09-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps we should all just back off, the driving does not seem to be the main issue here. anyone who walks up and pushes anther woman that is between her and her target and them slaps a driver is guilty in my opinion of two assault charges. with on air footage and a NASCAR official standing there i'm shocked the police did not arrest her on site. they may still issue a warrant after a grand jury reviews the files if there is a sh from the two that we her victims.

again its just a shame that so much emotion got bottled up into her, but the duel assaults prove to me that she was not going to take no for an answer.

what may or may not have happened on the track is no excuse, there is never a reason or justification for violence at a track. Frankly I hope the club racing circuit, and private events all take her actions into consideration before allowing her on any track.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

But but but Nascar!

I don't disagree with you btw. It was way out of line and there's no place for it but what a great bit of publicity

Arrest would have been a bit much IMO. More serious crime going on to fill our jails with.

Last edited by Streak; 09-04-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:20 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Who fined Kelly $2,500, NASCAR??? Who knew NASCAR had the authority to fine the GFs of drivers...
Old 09-04-2013, 08:44 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Papis and Skeen are having a beer right now talking about how to keep the publicity going.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,412 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Who fined Kelly $2,500, NASCAR??? Who knew NASCAR had the authority to fine the GFs of drivers...
I don't think they do. I hope she told them to pound sand on the "fine".

Originally Posted by good hands
Papis and Skeen are having a beer right now talking about how to keep the publicity going.
Nah...but the real money is on Papis' wife hooking up with Skeen's GF...on pay per view
Old 09-04-2013, 08:57 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

I wish I could just pay $2500 to have NASCAR out of my life.

This slap is gold for them as no one cares about trucks on the roundy round. The fact that they 'fined' her perpetuates the WWE mentality of NASCAR as they may as well have fined her $100,000,000 because they have no authority over and no means to collect. All they can do is ban her from the track -- She is not an official, crewmember, supplier, sponsor or driver. The Kardasians meet Bubba is what's going on here with this soap opera.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:13 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,833 Likes on 1,670 Posts

They can fine anyone they've issued a hard card to. Since she's been suspended indefinitely, that means that if she wants to come back (she's in the racing PR business), she has to pay.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 09-04-2013, 09:32 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by ProCoach
They can fine anyone they've issued a hard card to. Since she's been suspended indefinitely, that means that if she wants to come back (she's in the racing PR business), she has to pay.
THanks for the clarification. So is she Skeen's PR person? What was her "official" title at the race, just a GF of a driver or promoter of Skeen? If she was promoting him, she just got him all a ton of publicity.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:20 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
If she was promoting him, she just got him all a ton of publicity.
,,,and Honey Boo Boo sticks the landing...the crowd goes wild...
Old 09-05-2013, 07:40 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,833 Likes on 1,670 Posts

THanks for the clarification. So is she Skeen's PR person? What was her "official" title at the race, just a GF of a driver or promoter of Skeen? If she was promoting him, she just got him all a ton of publicity.
Officially, she's "crew" for that team (car #). The crew chief got fined because he is technically responsible for her actions as a team member. I do not know for sure, but she is not a "driver" PR person and I doubt she reps Mike. She got fined, too.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

When you register for a hard card with NASCAR you are required to put a team affiliation on your application or press/PR affiliation. This and the link to being Mike's girlfriend makes her a part of the team regardless if she has an official title within the team ranks.

Another example is my parents, who attend all of my races. They hold hard cards with affiliation to BimmerWorld through Grand Am even though they don't have a title with the team. Signing up for a hard card requires you to uphold the rules of conduct Grand Am/Nascar/Sanctioning Body set forth in the rule book.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:54 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
When you register for a hard card with NASCAR you are required to put a team affiliation on your application or press/PR affiliation. This and the link to being Mike's girlfriend makes her a part of the team regardless if she has an official title within the team ranks.

Another example is my parents, who attend all of my races. They hold hard cards with affiliation to BimmerWorld through Grand Am even though they don't have a title with the team. Signing up for a hard card requires you to uphold the rules of conduct Grand Am/Nascar/Sanctioning Body set forth in the rule book.
So, in essence, is a hard card an all access pass?
Old 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

she would have to be charged up here in Canada and fill our jail.
I personally was impressed with the lap times those trucks did at Mosport....1.22s about the same as a 997 cup car. I expected a little slower.
can't wait to see what the NASCAR cars can do in future years there.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

So, in essence, is a hard card an all access pass?
Simple answer is yes.

Complex answer is it gets you into most of the spots around the track a gate ticket won't.

Quick Reply: Don't piss off Mike Skeen's GF