Sponsored by:

sub belt adjustment question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 07:42 PM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
Default sub belt adjustment question

this is my sub belt for a deist 6 point harness. momo 2012 fixed back seat with sub hole, 996 sliders and planet technolgy seat base.
im going to drill and plate 2 eyelets under the seat for the sub mounts and dont see how someone adjusts the sub belts once mounted.

do i need something else on the sub belt? to me once the belt is mated to the quick clip theres no way to adjust it. am i missing something?
Old 08-14-2013, 12:59 AM
acao
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sub belts are typically "set it and forget it." They are not intended to be adjusted every time you strap in. Instead, test fit and get it right before torquing everything down.

With your set up, moving the seat fore-aft will have some effect on the sub belt length, but that's not the way to do it.

Don't go OCD on sub belt length. Once strapped in, the sub belt shouldn't be as tight as the lap and shoulder belts. It doesn't hold you in, it prevents you from moving out of the other belts' effective range. Just make sure it's comfortable, and that with the shoulder belts pulling upward on the buckle, the lap belts still run across the points of your hip bone.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
this is my sub belt for a deist 6 point harness. momo 2012 fixed back seat with sub hole, 996 sliders and planet technolgy seat base.
im going to drill and plate 2 eyelets under the seat for the sub mounts and dont see how someone adjusts the sub belts once mounted.

do i need something else on the sub belt? to me once the belt is mated to the quick clip theres no way to adjust it. am i missing something?
w/o a pic it's hard to tell
typically sub has an adjustment bar like these
GT3 sub bar setup

typical through the floor pad eye setup
Old 08-14-2013, 09:07 AM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't use eyelet mounts because there just isn't enough room under the seat for them and the adjuster. However, my side brackets are mounted to the floor, so it's extra tight.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:16 PM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

sorry forgot the pic. with the planet base and sliders i doubt theres any room for a sub bar so im guessing drilling the eyelets at the back of the tub will be in order. i guess its adjust and leave them
Old 08-14-2013, 05:25 PM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

ok i have been searching and reading for hrs. blurry eyed!!

these are my planted technology bases that mount my sliders and seats to the floor. 4 grade 8 bolts. is there any reason i couldnt weld a piece of half pipe on the bottom cross piece and use that as the sub bar?
when the seat is positioned were i like to drive that rear bar is almost directly under my spine.

Quick Reply: sub belt adjustment question