Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yet another reason why you should take it to the track

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

She admitted that she was coming from happy hour to her home. Didn't think it would be a problem because she knew she hadn't had too much to drink.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:35 PM
leejo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or he ran her license and it came back with some prior convictions. Would love to see a link to the full story...

Oh that's right you know her. So no priors? Just said going home from 2 beers and bang? That's insane.

Something to ponder: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE2
Old 08-14-2013, 06:45 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

Could also have been a cop looking for the DUI conviction to add to his quota.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:31 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 996toomey
According to this owner of car has met with police, no arrest made and nothing else new to report at this time.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...o-fatal-crash/
er, conflicting report.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,2800863.story

The owner of the Ferrari sports car, involved in an Interstate 75 crash that killed a Southwest Ranches man, has invoked his right to remain silent, telling homicide investigators he will not answer any questions related to the high-speed collision, police said Wednesday.

Questions like: Was Radomin Delgado behind the wheel of his 430 Scuderia when it plowed into the back of a Hyundai Sonata at 12:30 a.m. Saturday?

"He did not want to speak to us," said Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Dallani Garcia-Cruz. "He made no statements."

The same attorney also represents Delgado's wife, Patricia Verde, co-owner of the Ferrari, said FHP spokesman Jose Sanchez. Sanchez would not release the lawyer's name.

Either way, I doubt an attorney would let the police SEE the owner.
police want to see if he has any injuries from the crash...
Old 08-14-2013, 09:29 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

A cautionary tale to all of us. We all much to lose. Very sad situation all around.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:41 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbill_fl
er, conflicting report.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,2800863.story

The owner of the Ferrari sports car, involved in an Interstate 75 crash that killed a Southwest Ranches man, has invoked his right to remain silent, telling homicide investigators he will not answer any questions related to the high-speed collision, police said Wednesday.

Questions like: Was Radomin Delgado behind the wheel of his 430 Scuderia when it plowed into the back of a Hyundai Sonata at 12:30 a.m. Saturday?

"He did not want to speak to us," said Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Dallani Garcia-Cruz. "He made no statements."

The same attorney also represents Delgado's wife, Patricia Verde, co-owner of the Ferrari, said FHP spokesman Jose Sanchez. Sanchez would not release the lawyer's name.

Either way, I doubt an attorney would let the police SEE the owner.
police want to see if he has any injuries from the crash...
From the story in the link you posted.

"FHP investigators said they could not comment on his appearance when they saw him Tuesday."
Old 08-14-2013, 11:29 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

-You are correct. The story was updated, after I read it and posted.
8:46 p.m. EDT, August 14, 2013

anyway, I guess he is OK, then.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:45 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

We all can make mistakes but there's no excuse for leaving the scene of an accident not to mention any excuse for DUI.

I wish they could some how find out who the driver was (which they will) and if he/she was intoxicated or not and punish the person accordingly
Old 08-15-2013, 01:01 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After many years of driving fast cars too fast on public roads, I have wised up before something tragic happens to me or someone else. I realized that I have the same issues as any other addict, I can't get behind the wheel of a nearly 400 hp car and not speed excessively, although I never drive impaired. So I have dumped my street Porsche and got a pickup truck, which is really no fun to go fast in, for daily driving and have taken "save it for the track" advice to heart. Stories like this confirm the wisdom of that decision.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by SkankyFrank
After many years of driving fast cars too fast on public roads, I have wised up before something tragic happens to me or someone else. I realized that I have the same issues as any other addict, I can't get behind the wheel of a nearly 400 hp car and not speed excessively, although I never drive impaired. So I have dumped my street Porsche and got a pickup truck, which is really no fun to go fast in, for daily driving and have taken "save it for the track" advice to heart. Stories like this confirm the wisdom of that decision.
+1, Frank, well said!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:57 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have bought a Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior, corners like it's on rails!
Old 08-15-2013, 03:03 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Occam's Razor

Peter
Old 08-15-2013, 03:03 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbill_fl
-You are correct. The story was updated, after I read it and posted.
8:46 p.m. EDT, August 14, 2013

anyway, I guess he is OK, then.
The quote from Pulp fiction "I am Mother %#$G Far from OK" comes to mind.

This. ^ Have exceded the speed limits a time or 3 but nothing crazy. I also have become slower on the street the faster I am at the track.

This kind of thing is sad all around. One thing for "**** happens" accdent. Another thing all together when a "what did you expect?" type happens.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:39 PM
dmcampbell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Or there is more to the story than we (and even Falcon) are aware of.
She talked!
Old 08-15-2013, 03:55 PM
BigMikeATL
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just read this thread except for posts from the moral high ground.

So is Radomin Delgado a RL member?

FACT: The Ferrari driver is a douchebag.

RIP and prayers for the innocent victims in this accident.

Quick Reply: yet another reason why you should take it to the track