Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aim smart-cam

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013 | 08:00 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Default Aim smart-cam

My smarty cam quit working after several years (display lit but nothing on the screen) and upon advise from Peter (a RL member) I called Aim on the East coast and they told me to send it in. So last week it went to Aim and today they sent me a replacement camera. I am very happy with their turn-around and that they replaced the camera. That is real customer service!!!

Thanks AIM!!!!

Mike
Old 08-12-2013 | 08:42 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikew968
My smarty cam quit working after several years (display lit but nothing on the screen) and upon advise from Peter (a RL member) I called Aim on the East coast and they told me to send it in. So last week it went to Aim and today they sent me a replacement camera. I am very happy with their turn-around and that they replaced the camera. That is real customer service!!!

Thanks AIM!!!!

Mike
Nice to see that kind of service.

Peter
Old 08-12-2013 | 10:28 PM
Quinlan
Racer

I have had the same experience with AIM. Absolutely above and beyond the call of duty. Great customer service.
Old 08-12-2013 | 10:58 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I think there are three things about AiM that are really, really good for all of us. First, they are committed to to supporting their products, even legacy/early release items like the first SmartyCams. Second, they are adequately staffed to call back and offer enough product knowledge depth to answer the questions. Lastly, if I had a problem with a component, they nearly always replaced rather than repaired.

I sell a LOT of three different systems and a little of two more, and I've been very happy with their support level. Glad to hear more good feedback.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 08-12-2013 | 11:20 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Peter K thanks for the advise!!
Old 08-12-2013 | 11:54 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Glad to help!
Old 08-13-2013 | 02:02 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear that they're so good, with my SmartyCam acting funny lately, and the new HD one about to release. I've even had the experience of getting them to chime in and help out a few of us by posting right here on Rennlist.
Old 08-13-2013 | 05:20 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I think there are three things about AiM that are really, really good for all of us. First, they are committed to to supporting their products, even legacy/early release items like the first SmartyCams. Second, they are adequately staffed to call back and offer enough product knowledge depth to answer the questions. Lastly, if I had a problem with a component, they nearly always replaced rather than repaired.

I sell a LOT of three different systems and a little of two more, and I've been very happy with their support level. Glad to hear more good feedback.
Like Peter said.
My AiM MXL Pista came with the car; when I needed support, AiM never even asked for proof of ownership, proof of purchase, nothin' - they just helped.
Wasn't the easiest device to work with, but they got me straight.
And their user education is awesome.
Old 08-14-2013 | 01:46 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

...i had similar situation with my AIM dash. Had a problem, sent it to them to diagnose, but they couldn't re-create problem. So they sent me another dash to plug in my car and confirm I had same problem with different dash. ...I did; ended up being weird wiring issue.

Did have one issue where two different AIM techs told me different things (technically). ...only issue in many, many calls.

Quick Reply: Aim smart-cam